Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Epoisses

Interesting.

So in your theological system the will of God can be stymied by the mere belief in a biblically based theological system to which you do not hold?

Unbelief is sin and you don't believe that Christ is the savior of the world. Nothing can be done for your species of error. Of all people Calvinists should know these things. They are so quick to point out the unbelief of others but when there's is presented it's the old hide the head in the sand trick.

Nanja

Calvinism is an attempt to limit God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ the Saviour does not merely make Salvation possible.

But He absolutely Saves all: Every single Chosen Son for whom He died Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9; God's Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23; Titus 3:5!

Epoisses

Jesus Christ the Saviour does not merely make Salvation possible.

But He absolutely Saves all: Every single Chosen Son for whom He died Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9; God's Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23; Titus 3:5!

He saved the whole world and then this good news is conveyed to men in the gospel. Those that believe, receive it and those who don't are cut off.

Nanja

He saved the whole world and then this good news is conveyed to men in the gospel. Those that believe, receive it and those who don't are cut off.

The only kind of Believing associated with Salvation is a Fruit of the Spirit Given John 3:27 in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So before a person is born again, their own believing is nothing more than a putrid work of the flesh Rom. 8:8; Is. 64:6!

Robert Pate

Banned
The only kind of Believing associated with Salvation is a Fruit of the Spirit Given John 3:27 in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So before a person is born again, their own believing is nothing more than a putrid work of the flesh Rom. 8:8; Is. 64:6!

HOGWASH!

One whole Chapter in Hebrews 11 is about those that had faith. You should read it.

The new birth is the results of hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Nanja

HOGWASH!

One whole Chapter in Hebrews 11 is about those that had faith. You should read it.

The new birth is the results of hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Those scriptures are about the Faith given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Hearing and Believing the Gospel is only possible by one who has been Born of God John 8:43, 47!

So the kind of faith that an unregenerate man works in his own mind is a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

First, a person must be Born of the Spirit, then the good work of Believing with his New Mind / Heart Ezek. 36:26 pleases God.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Unless a person is Born Spiritually by New Birth, they don't belong to Christ!

And all the works they do cannot please God!

Brother Ducky

Unbelief is sin and you don't believe that Christ is the savior of the world. Nothing can be done for your species of error. Of all people Calvinists should know these things. They are so quick to point out the unbelief of others but when there's is presented it's the old hide the head in the sand trick.

Of course we believe he is the savior of the world; Jews and non-Jews alike.

Not sure I have ever pointed out the unbelief in others, at least in a salvific way. I do point out where I believe there are errors and where the logical outcomes of ideas lead to serious problems.

Seems to me that non-Calvinists are a lot more willing to play God in the proclamations of damnation.

Epoisses

This has nothing to do with what Christ accomplished on the cross for all men and the whole world. Nice deflection.

Epoisses

Of course we believe he is the savior of the world; Jews and non-Jews alike.

Not sure I have ever pointed out the unbelief in others, at least in a salvific way. I do point out where I believe there are errors and where the logical outcomes of ideas lead to serious problems.

Seems to me that non-Calvinists are a lot more willing to play God in the proclamations of damnation.

You're a liar and Christ is the savior of the world of all mankind. Christ is the 2nd Adam meaning all mankind was in him when he lived a perfect life, died for all sin and rose from the grave in a glorified body.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes, the ant-Calvinist appears to have some special knowledge about the secret things of God (Deut. 29:29). They have already elevated themselves to co-participants with God's dispension of efficacious grace in their redemption, so knowing all about the final destination of others is a small leap. Sigh.

AMR

Reactions: Lon

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, the ant-Calvinist appears to have some special knowledge about the secret things of God (Deut. 29:29). They have already elevated themselves to co-participants with God's dispension of efficacious grace in their redemption, so knowing all about the final destination of others is a small leap. Sigh.

AMR

What we have is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This Gospel refutes all "isms" and is the way, the truth and the life. And "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it. If you seek religion, you will find religion. If you seek Christ and his Gospel you will find the pearl of great price, that a man will sell all that he owns to posses it.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Zeke

You're a liar and Christ is the savior of the world of all mankind. Christ is the 2nd Adam meaning all mankind was in him when he lived a perfect life, died for all sin and rose from the grave in a glorified body.

In mankind as well which is the mystery of Christ the word of God, which is spirit/conscience in you 1Cor 3:16, Luke 17:20-21, 2Cor 3:6, Acts 17:24.

Brother Ducky

In what way is Jesus the savior of the world and all mankind? Exactly what does that mean?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

Not unexpectedly, you do not understand the passage you appeal to:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?113575-OSAS&p=4485652&viewfull=1#post4485652

Given your propensity to only blog and not discuss, I am confident you will not substantively interact with the actual explanation but only respond with the usual wave offs, too.

AMR

You were supposed to seek Christ and his Gospel, instead, you got derailed and bought a lie called Calvinism, because it was about you. its not about you, its about Jesus Christ.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert,

Not unexpectedly, you do not understand the passage you appeal to:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?113575-OSAS&p=4485652&viewfull=1#post4485652

Given your propensity to only blog and not discuss, I am confident you will not substantively interact with the actual explanation but only respond with the usual wave offs, too.

AMR

You were supposed to seek Christ and his Gospel, instead, you got derailed and bought a lie called Calvinism, because it was about you. its not about you, its about Jesus Christ.

Q.E.D.

AMR