BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
bigbang123 said:
the muslims now are behaving just like the obedient israelites of the old testament times.

Numbers 15

The Sabbath-Breaker Put to Death

32 While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

disobedience to their god was a crime punishable by stoning.
The Old Testanent is was made between God and Israel, not Mohamad. Islam goes through all the right actions for all the wrong reason. It is my opinion that Islam will hear I never knew you from Jesus.

bigbang123

CabinetMaker said:
Is rejecting God a finite offense?

questioning, doubting or disbelieving that the bible is the divinely authored and infallible guide for this life and the next is neither a finite nor infinite offense and is certainly not just grounds for eternal torment in hell

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
bigbang123 said:
questioning, doubting or disbelieving that the bible is the divinely authored and infallible guide for this life and the next is neither a finite nor infinite offense and is certainly not just grounds for eternal torment in hell

bigbang123

i said

bigbang123 said:
the muslims now are behaving just like the obedient israelites of the old testament times.

Numbers 15

The Sabbath-Breaker Put to Death

32 While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

disobedience to their god was a crime punishable by stoning.

you said

CabinetMaker said:
The Old Testanent is was made between God and Israel, not Mohamad. Islam goes through all the right actions for all the wrong reason. It is my opinion that Islam will hear I never knew you from Jesus.

the claim

according to a book - god spoke to moses and said kill certain people

the claim

according to a book - allah spoke to mohamad and said kill certain people

to an objective outsider looking at all of this - it all looks equally crazy

Memento Mori

bigbang123 said:
the claim

according to a book - god spoke to moses and said kill certain people

the claim

according to a book - allah spoke to mohamad and said kill certain people

to an objective outsider looking at all of this - it all looks equally crazy

I know that God spoke to Moses telling Moses to kill his son Isaac. However, I haven't heard anything about Muhammad being told to kill anyone by Allah. Some citations would be nice.

bigbang123

CabinetMaker said:

that's a loaded question like - when did i stop beating my wife?

your question supposes that i believe that the biblegod and the Creator of the Universe are one and the same - i don't believe that.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
bigbang123 said:
that's a loaded question like - when did i stop beating my wife?

your question supposes that i believe that the biblegod and the Creator of the Universe are one and the same - i don't believe that.
Since you don't believe in God, why do you care if hell is eternal or age-during? It would obviously not apply to you either way.

As a believer I say hell is real and nasty unpleasent and I want you to join me in heaven. Your biggest complaint is what happened to all those people who never heard of God. That is a straw man argument. The Bible was not written to answer every question we may have. It was written to help us develope a relationship with God. Out of that relationship grows caring and service for others. I will worry about you, me family, my neighbors and those that live in the same little corner of the world I do. I will trust God to deal with the rest of the world AND I will make myself available to God if He wants me to go to other parts of the world.

bigbang123

Memento Mori said:
I know that God spoke to Moses telling Moses to kill his son Isaac. However, I haven't heard anything about Muhammad being told to kill anyone by Allah. Some citations would be nice.

i don't know it well enough to find exact verses - but here are some interesting verses for those raised in a moslem country and choose the koran over the bible

verses from the koran

"But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: And they shall have a humiliating punishment.

Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the sincere (lovers of Truth), the witnesses (who testify), and the Righteous (who do good): Ah! what a beautiful fellowship!

Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave Miller said:
1. You are wrong because there is a great deal of scriptural evidence supporting
universalism. You choose to ignore it, or say its application is "contextual" and
therefore not worth considering.

2. Logos has acknowledged this REPEATEDLY You were right in pointing it
out, he was right in apologizing, now it would be right of you to show a little GRACE
in a situation which has obviously been very embarrasing for him. 'Tis the season, after
all. Otherwise those ghosts that visited BillyBob last night may have to visit you
as well :D

3. I have seen some excellent works composed completely as scholarly collections
of referenced quotes. Usually this is in the context of comparing the thoughts of one
historic figure against another, so its not out of the question to have a properly
referenced excellent work composed almost completely of others' thoughts, creatively
woven to illustrate a point.

I think the lack of reference was the larger fault here, and I think
that Logos' focus on that aspect in his apology was most appropriate. But I also agree
that the use of wholesale lengthy verbatim material in the response was outside
the bounds of the rules of this debate, as Poly so aptly pointed out, and Kevin
GRACIOUSLY allowed.
Well.... since you completely ignored the point of my post I am going to completely ignore you.

Memento Mori

bigbang123 said:
i don't know it well enough to find exact verses - but here are some interesting verses for those raised in a moslem country and choose the koran over the bible

verses from the koran

"But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: And they shall have a humiliating punishment.

Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the sincere (lovers of Truth), the witnesses (who testify), and the Righteous (who do good): Ah! what a beautiful fellowship!

Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

Interesting, I have to say.

I think I'll take religious study in college.

I do see the parallels; but then you must consider that both faiths were born from Judaism, but split off at Abraham's sons. I mean if two kids share a parent they're bound to have parallels but I'm just conjuring possibilities, since there are similarities with other former polytheistic beliefs.

I guess, we'll find out when we're dead, won't we?

bigbang123

CabinetMaker said:
Since you don't believe in God, why do you care if hell is eternal or age-during? It would obviously not apply to you either way.

you are killing me - and you know better

i believe in the Creator of the Universe - i just don't believe the Creator of the Universe and the biblegod are one and the same.

you do - i don't

we will just have to agree to disagree on that point.

in the afterlife, if there is an afterlife - i see 3 possibilities

1) i'm right in my belief that you are wrong

2) you're right in your belief that i'm wrong

3) we are both wrong

PKevman

2 Timothy 3:13-17

13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 4:1-5

1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Memento Mori

PastorKevin said:
2 Timothy 3:13-17

13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 4:1-5

1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

2 things.

1) The word you seem to have found as "inspired" is actually "God-breathed" meaning God spoke it.

2)You're using the second set of verses as a logical fallacy that makes you seem always correct no matter who says what about it.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
bigbang123 said:
you are killing me - and you know better

i believe in the Creator of the Universe - i just don't believe the Creator of the Universe and the biblegod are one and the same.

you do - i don't

we will just have to agree to disagree on that point.

in the afterlife, if there is an afterlife - i see 3 possibilities

1) i'm right in my belief that you are wrong

2) you're right in your belief that i'm wrong

3) we are both wrong

Its a sad way to live life, with three possibilities. I greatly prefer life with faith in God so that I can know.

PKevman

1) The word you seem to have found as "inspired" is actually "God-breathed" meaning God spoke it.

Inspired and God breathed mean the same thing in the context of this text. It's all given by inspiration of God (i.e. God-breathed). All Scripture is God-breathed! Amen!

NKJV
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

KJV
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

NIV
16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

NAS
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

2)You're using the second set of verses as a logical fallacy that makes you seem always correct no matter who says what about it.

PKevman

"Theopneustos" God-breathed,inspired by God,referring to a communication from deity;given by inspiration of God (Strong's #2315)

Status
Not open for further replies.