Best Friends Not Allowed

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No one is going to invite an entire class to a birthday party. So, I guess we should give up birthday parties. :think:

Yeah, it's crazy. It's the same as everyone winning a prize so none will feel left out. Give them all the same grade, too. Let's all wear uniforms and make sure we bring our prayer rugs. Don't raise your hand in class lest another kid feel stupid for not knowing the answer. Smile everyone.

It looks as if George Orwell was a few decades off when he wrote "1984."
We're living it, now.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Millions of Ame4ricans with pre-existing conditions are faced with the loss of their health insurance
My parents always told me that if you cannot afford something, don't buy it.

and the best that conservatives can do is start a thread about a school refusing to pass out cards for a child's birthday party!
Which was just another retarded rule liberals try to push to make 'appear' they are solving some problem.
When all they are really doing is showing their hatred for children's happiness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And? what does banning best friends actually mean?
It's telling children there is something wrong with having a best friend.

The only practical thing mentioned was the party invitation restriction.
Isn't practical at all.
It's retarded.and solves nothing.

And Jose's post is right. You can still invite whoever you want. They are just restricting it being done int he classroom. There are plenty of other ways to do it.
For crying out loud.
It's a child's party invitation.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with passing your friends an invitation at school.
NOTHING.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed, children are the future of our country and the libs don't care a bit for them.
What's more, they want children to act in a way the adults themselves don't.

Can you imagine WalMart telling their employees that they cannot invite anyone to a party unless they invite all?
Can you imagine telling a man and woman they can't have a favorite as their bride's maid or best man at their wedding party, because that might hurt the feeling of those that are not asked?

Stop the madness!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Isn't practical at all.
It's retarded.and solves nothing.
I meant that the invitation restriction was the only thing changing in practice. At least it was the only thing mentioned.

For crying out loud.
It's a child's party invitation.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with passing your friends an invitation at school.
NOTHING.
I don't necessarily support the classroom invitation ban, but you and glorydaz were making it out to be something it isn't. That's why I responded.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember when I was in Elementary School and we used to give out Valentines Day cards on Valentines Day to our fellow students. I wonder if that has been abolished yet in today's society?
Right.
And no one told us we had to like everyone the same or there was something wrong with us.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What's more, they want children to act in a way the adults themselves don't.

Can you imagine WalMart telling their employees that they cannot invite anyone to a party unless they invite all?
Can you imagine telling a man and woman they can't have a favorite as their bride's maid or best man at their wedding party, because that might hurt the feeling of those that are not asked?

Stop the madness!
But we don't treat children the same as adults in many ways so I don't think those are good analogies. Maybe adults can handle social exclusion better than children so the school is trying to protect them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meant that the invitation restriction was the only thing changing in practice. At least it was the only thing mentioned.
And they could not have a best friend at school.

I don't necessarily support the classroom invitation ban, but you and glorydaz were making it out to be something it isn't. That's why I responded.
The ban was retarded and should be exposed as retarded, and why it's retarded.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In some cases, kids are coming out of school not knowing how to read and write, however, they seem to know how to play games on their phones. In my day we at least were taught the basics we'd need in order to exist in our world. Minus the politics, PC, and brainwashing going on today. We truly live in a "Brave New World" today. Are we better for it? I think NOT.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
And they could not have a best friend at school.
Yes, they are 'banning best friends'. But how does one actually do that? That's what I'm asking. It seems like a goal that can't actually be done. The invitation ban doesn't stop someone from having a best friend.

The ban was retarded and should be exposed as retarded, and why it's retarded.
Just don't misrepresent what's happening.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But we don't treat children the same as adults in many ways so I don't think those are good analogies. Maybe adults can handle social exclusion better than children so the school is trying to protect them.
This stupid ban doesn't protect them at all.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, they are 'banning best friends'. But how does one actually do that? That's what I'm asking. It seems like a goal that can't actually be done. The invitation ban doesn't stop someone from having a best friend.
Of course it's not wrong to have best friends.
So why would a school even attempt to tell children they should not have a best friend.
That is not up to a school to decide for the children, and they should have kept their noses out of it.

Just don't misrepresent what's happening.
I'm not.
It's a retarded rule that solves absolutely nothing, and makes the children think there might be something wrong with them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What happens after the Baby boomers, and the Great Generation people are all gone? I'm talking about those who are blessed with common sense, discernment, morals, and a true sense of history as it was, not the "Revisionist" non-sense being sold today.