BATTLE TALK ~ BRX (rounds 1 thru 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
Joyce Meyer is about as far from understanding the revelation of the mystery as the man on the moon. She is a heretical charasmatic blow hard that needs to learn her place and submit herself to the men in her church. She is doing much more harm than good and needs very much to sit down and shut up.

Resting in Him,
Clete
POTD! :first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Joyce Meyer is about as far from understanding the revelation of the mystery as the man on the moon. She is a heretical charasmatic blow hard that needs to learn her place and submit herself to the men in her church. She is doing much more harm than good and needs very much to sit down and shut up.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Now that's some serious smack! :up:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Clete said:

Resting in Him,
Clete
I take it your against women pastors?

chance

BANNED
Banned
fool said:
What got edited?

I said "God demands a p***s on every pastor" and he changed it to "Demands a male". Why? No idear. Perfectly fine word and no inappropriate slang was in play.

And thats what it comes down to in the end. Not gifting, which is what is truly required to be a pastor. But whether or not you possess a specific reproductive organ which has absolutely nothing to do with being an effective pastor.

Now, I never claimed that Joyce Meyer or other women pastors are perfect in their doctrine and are all good in every way like we are. Fact remains, she probably has effected far more people for God and the good then Enyart and Lamerson combined. Much like Focus On The Family isn't perfect and needs to change.

RightIdea

Knight said:
TheologyOnLine.com, where the truth hurts.
Yes, but it hurts so gooooooood! :chuckle:

Besides, "women pastors" is one of those mythological concepts, a fantastical construct that exists only in imagination. Like dragons, and unicorns, and homosexual marriage, and 4-point Calvinists.

Some people believe in 'em... but they don't actually exist.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
RightIdea said:

Besides, "women pastors" is one of those mythological concepts, a fantastical construct that exists only in imagination. Like dragons, and unicorns, and homosexual marriage, and 4-point Calvinists.

"and 4-point Calvinists." :rotfl: Oh man . . . that made me chuckle. :up:

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
I resent the remark about 4-point Calvinists.

I'm a four point Calvinist.

1. Hobbes IS alive
2. Calvin IS the centre of the universe.
3. Calvin's folks are long-suffering
4. Rosalyn is scary.

There I rest my case.

T.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
RightIdea said:

If women pastors don't exist, what are women such as Joyce Meyer?

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Chance,
You said
chance said:
So, you're going to take someone's degrading statement about an effective pastor and make it the post of the day?
Are you against the positive contribution (the points Clete made) of a concise and insightful post from an effective poster, without even “addressing” ANY of the points?

Unless your using irony, I can’t tell by this single post, are you (trying?) being critical in a broad sweeping/general sense? (Is it really possible to be critical (scrutiny) and generalize?)

To the point
Do you think that God through Paul’s writings (our one Apostle) teach us that women are supposed to be leading (national, and likely international) teachers promoting Charasmatic Tom Fullery and thus contradicting the teachings for the dispensation of the Grace of God which we live in today?

I see Clete stating two main things.
  1. There is a problem when women overstep their roles and do not keep their place concerning doctrinal leadership (although my understanding is that she is a teacher, not a pastor, but symbolism does not trump substance). At the same time, I’d pretty much classify her with about 99.9% of the pastors and scholars and teachers as well. She is not alone.
  2. Regardless of her role issues, she apparently contradicts the distinctive message given to us through Paul for this current dispensation via the so-called charismatic activity of the HS. Even is she is “mildly” charismatic, as in mixing the teachings for the previous dispensation in with our current one, the result is drastic and sad.
If not, what then?

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Kmoney
I thought that she claims to be a "teacher", not a pastor... Or am I wrong?

In any case, as per my gleanings on the topic, “women pastors” are generally in error and operating against the teachings from scripture, “unless” the men in the congregation cannot do a better job of leading the church.

I think “usurping authority” can not happen when the men are not in authority. But I assume that is a reasonable exception allowed by scripture as we had a few female church planters in scripture that seemed prominent in early churches.

My understanding is based upon the assumption that when our current dispensation started, there were very few men qualified to teach and preach the revelation for this particular dispensation until the message got out and was sufficiently studied, thus very early on, some women were prominent in early church startups (women leaders in church).

Make sense?

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
The Bible says that women should be silent.
If you got a problem with that then you got a problem with the Bible.
You may have other problems as well.

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
The Bible says that women should be silent.
If you got a problem with that then you got a problem with the Bible.
You may have other problems as well.
Actually when the verse is read in context it says wives should be silent...

fool

Hall of Fame
Truppenzwei said:
Actually when the verse is read in context it says wives should be silent...
I think you have less chance of that happening.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
1Way said:
Kmoney
Honestly I'm not sure what she calls herself. You might be right. Do you have a problem with her claiming to be a teacher?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1Way said:
Kmoney
I haven’t yet checked but I would be very surprised if she is not an ordained minister.

Status
Not open for further replies.