Battle Talk ~ Battle Royale VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by RogerB
And I suppose "St. Bob the Broadcaster" is a term of endearment?
Sure, particularly when typed with my tongue firmly in my cheek like this...

St. Bob the Broadcaster

;)

See? :D

Actually I nicknamed him this before he became Reverend Enyart.

Besides isn't there a difference to a Christian in calling someone a saint versus calling them a satanist?

RogerB

Originally posted by Zakath
All joking aside, think about it for a second, Roger...

I'm an atheist. Even a casual reader of TOL already knows what I believe, or do not believe, in this case. The unknown quantity to many of the readers here is what St. Bob the Broadcaster believes. :confused:

According to my understanding, Enyart's beliefs about deity are part of "Open View Theology" and are considered by many mainline Christian theologians as outside the bounds of Christian orthodoxy. Since he allegedly does not adhere to an orthodox view of the Christian deity I'm eliciting his response to understand first hand how he percieves his deity and what his source of evidence for his beliefs might be.

Yada, yada, yada...the question is "Does God exist?". Well, DOES HE??? Yes or no? What makes you believe either way?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Yada, yada, yada...the question is "Does God exist?". Well, DOES HE??? Yes or no? What makes you believe either way?

I'm politely waiting for my opponent to make his first post.

Then I'll reply.

Stay tuned and find out... :D

philosophizer

According to my understanding, Enyart's beliefs about deity are part of "Open View Theology" and are considered by many mainline Christian theologians as outside the bounds of Christian orthodoxy. Since he allegedly does not adhere to an orthodox view of the Christian deity I'm eliciting his response to understand first hand how he percieves his deity and what his source of evidence for his beliefs might be.

So instead of debating, your approach is to discredit him among the general Christian populace?

Look, there's a lot of Christians that don't agree with Bob's theology. I don't agree with Bob's theology. But that is not the issue. And further, it's not really your place to point out those differences since you don't believe in God in any form. You're an atheist -- and a rather proud one at that. You have accepted a minority position that puts you in disagreement with most of the world that believes in some kind of god(s) or godess(es). You're outnumbered and you know it.

Now I was unsure of your motives until the above quotation. It appears that you are trying a strategy of getting your enemies to fight amongst themselves by bringing up inconsequential subjects. The debate is "Does God Exist." I don't think you should worry about what we know or don't know about Bob Enyart. We can find that out on our own.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by sawrie
Zakath you fail to understand... think.

While you say the physical world exists, it may only exist in your consciousness: thus you cannot be sure of anything other than your consciousness. Consciousness is the only provable fact.
The same may be said for your view of deity. Your deity may exist in your consciousness, in fact I strongly suspect that's the only place it does exist... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by philosophizer
So instead of debating, your approach is to discredit him among the general Christian populace?

Look, there's a lot of Christians that don't agree with Bob's theology. I don't agree with Bob's theology. But that is not the issue. And further, it's not really your place to point out those differences since you don't believe in God in any form.... Now I was unsure of your motives until the above quotation. It appears that you are trying a strategy of getting your enemies to fight amongst themselves by bringing up inconsequential subjects. The debate is "Does God Exist." I don't think you should worry about what we know or don't know about Bob Enyart. We can find that out on our own.
No, I brought it up merely to explain to someone else why I had to ask for a definition of "God". If the good Reverend were an adherent of some larger group, then I could easily find out more about their view of deity and verify that he supported it. Since this is not the case, I have to ask the question to assure we're not discussing at cross-purposes.

For reasons that have yet to be disclosed, it is important that we understand what the deist means when he uses the term God.

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
:zakath: Is that hair or horns?

The :zakath: has hair, the :devil: has horns. See the difference? If not, try your eyeglasses. ;)

(Hey, I don't create the smilies, I just use them. :D )

Carl Smuda

no show

no show

Well, it looks to me that there will be no Battle Royale VII. That means Zakath wins by default! Go Zakath! Ya! :D

RogerB

I like :zakath: despite his misguided notion of God.

BTW, Carl, put your pom-poms down. Bob still has 24 hours or so to post.

wholearmor

Originally posted by Eireann
And it's asinine ... because? You'll forgive me, of course, if I don't want to join Knight's Exclusive Haters Club. Somehow, hanging out with company like that just doesn't sound like a good time, or a very edifying environment. Surrounded by all that hate, it must be lonely.

Sounds like you have your own haters club up and running, Eireann.

Freak

Jefferson,

I do not intend to listen to St. Bob the Broadcaster on radio. Is he planning on posting here on TOL as we agreed?

I'm with Zakath on this one. Why is it taking him so long to post a response. I'm starting to wonder if he expected Zakath to just listen on the radio...:nono:

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by sawrie
Zakath this is the care by which you take to truth? You state "The same may be said for your view of deity. Your deity may exist in your consciousness, in fact I strongly suspect that's the only place it does exist..."

You refuse to give any intellectual thought to the arguments I've presented.

You say you are willing to here truth but you are a liar. You care not you only care to Oppose just like your Father. Why don't you come out and blatantly admit your a Satanist not an Atheist.

I don't think that would prove to be a very effective tactic. At least, not around here. It might be a big hit on the Goth boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.