Battle Royale VII Specific discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by ZroKewl
Bob noted that it's practically impossible for the letters "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" to show up in his random character generator program (evolve). I agree. But, that order has EXACTLY the same probability of showing up as does "aeatwmgccakbgpgpqbsbuxawiq" -- BUT, that's exactly what I got after running the program for less than 1 second. Wow. Cool, huh? Something practically impossible just happened.

See how many times it takes you to get that sequence again.

flash

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Freak Yes, a life changes (including ones modesty) when you come to Christ but the fact remains that pagan topless tribeswomen do not readily assert their modesty.

Originally posted by Knight
So in essence your pretty much agreeing with Bob's point.

No, he is disagreeing with Bob's point. Bob's point was not that one becomes modest after conversion, but that the modesty is innate. Freak was attempting to show that this is not the case.

Bob in his formal debate stated: So tribesmen can adopt minimalist clothing and condition their women to go topless, but missionaries find that women in such cultures readily reassert their modesty.

Based on the fact, that in Freak's actual experience in the third world, this is not the case, I'm calling for Bob to retract his outright false statement. Freak's family were missionaries in Africa for many years and they have found that topless tribeswomen in such cultures do not readily reassert their modesty.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak
If that is what he meant then he could have easily explained that to me but instead he played the game--let me check your list of nations you have visited (that kind of thing). It seemed to me (and others by the way) that Bob was merely trying to avoid the truth.

----------
I agree.

----------

Yes, a life changes (including ones modesty) when you come to Christ but the fact remains that pagan topless tribeswomen do not readily assert their modesty.
Wow! In this post you seem to agree with what Bob said 100%. Perhaps you just misunderstood his point before.

Freak

Bob has stated:

In rejecting God, an individual or societal conscience can be seared and values lowered. So tribesmen can adopt minimalist clothing and condition their women to go topless, but missionaries find that women in such cultures readily reassert their modesty.

This portion of the formal debate Bob is conducting with Zakath is disappointing to say the least. In my travels in the third world, we (our evangelistic team) have seen that topless tribeswomen do not "readily reassert their modesty" as Bob falsely claims.

This is a bold face lie! Repent Bob.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Easy question for you: Prior to these topless tribeswomen conversion to Christ did they "readily reassert their modesty?"
Of course not! Wasn't that Bob's point?

Freak

Originally posted by Turbo
Wow! In this post you seem to agree with what Bob said 100%. Perhaps you just misunderstood his point before.

Perhaps, but after looking at the context it would appear Bob is speaking of those who do not know God.

In rejecting God, an individual or societal conscience can be seared and values lowered. So tribesmen can adopt minimalist clothing and condition their women to go topless, but missionaries find that women in such cultures readily reassert their modesty.

He is implying that these women did not know God. Now a believing woman may "assert" their modesty after experiencing a transformation of the heart but they cannot possibly "reassert" since a pagan women is dead in their sins.

However Bob's statement is still wrong from what reality tells us:

Topless tribeswomen, that I have encountered in my travels throughout the third world, are not "readily" reasserting their modesty. When I was preaching the Gospel in remote villages woman with no tops would simply listen with no regard for modesty.

Last edited:

Freak

Originally posted by flash
No, he is disagreeing with Bob's point. Bob's point was not that one becomes modest after conversion, but that the modesty is innate. Freak was attempting to show that this is not the case.

Bob in his formal debate stated: So tribesmen can adopt minimalist clothing and condition their women to go topless, but missionaries find that women in such cultures readily reassert their modesty.

Based on the fact, that in Freak's actual experience in the third world, this is not the case, I'm calling for Bob to retract his outright false statement. Freak's family were missionaries in Africa for many years and they have found that topless tribeswomen in such cultures do not readily reassert their modesty.

Exactly.

Freak

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
Bring them over to a culture where women cover their breasts, and I don't think they'd be so keen on running around topless.

If you travel to any European resort you'll see that is not the case at all.

Freak

Which brings me to another point, my wife and I have stayed in many hotel in various European nations/lands where the cultural norm is for the lady to run around topless around the pool or beach. They're not abit concerned about reasserting their modesty.

Freak

For example, in 1998, my wife and I visited Aruba and stayed in a Dutch resort. We witnessed on many different occasions women (even grandmothers) running around topless with no regard for their modesty.

Freak

You ever seen any African tribeswomen at a European resort?

Yes, many. In Contonou, Benin there is a huge French resort that many of the tribeswoman will go to run around topless. Apparently you haven't traveled much. This is not rare by any means.

Last edited:

One Eyed Jack

Which brings me to another point, my wife and I have stayed in many hotel in various European nations/lands where the cultural norm is for the lady to run around topless around the pool or beach. They're not abit concerned about reasserting their modesty.

If that's the cultural norm, then it doesn't exactly count as a culture where the women cover their breasts. Now, despite that fact, I'll bet just about anything that your wife covered her breasts in public -- right?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps, but after looking at the context it would appear Bob is speaking of those who do not know God.

It is implied that the missionaries introduce them to God.

Isn't that what missionaries typically do?

Would you object to this statement?:
In rejecting God, an individual or societal conscience can be seared and values lowered. So tribesmen can adopt minimalist clothing and condition their women to go topless, but missionaries find that women in such cultures readily reassert their modesty [after they have been introduced to God].

Freak

If that's the cultural norm, then it doesn't exactly count as a culture where the women cover their breasts.

It's a mixture of both one could say....as in other areas it would be frowned upon.
Now, despite that fact, I'll bet just about anything that your wife covered her breasts in public -- right?

Yes, OEJ, my wife was covered for she loves Jesus Christ.

One Eyed Jack

Yes, many. In Contonou, Benin there is a huge Freanch resort that many of the tribeswoman will go to run around topless. Apparently you haven't traveled much. This is not rare by any means.

Um... Benin is in Africa.

One Eyed Jack

And I told you yes at a French resort in Benin. Benin was a Freanch colony.

But it's not in Europe, which is what I meant. I suspect you knew that, and just wanted to nitpick.

Status
Not open for further replies.