Atheist I can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I don't tell anyone how to believe, but I do study various faiths to find their fallacy. I'm not shy to point it out to someone who believes it either. If they are still strong in their faith faced with criticism then I tip my hat to them and find much respect. If they aren't I would encourage them to find the right faith. Or lack thereof. You may not like antitheist, but we are just doing our part to fulfill Jesus' covenant ;).
Fallacy based on what? You start from a position that there is no God, therefore, you will find fallacies with any position that is based on faith in God. To the believer who knows there is a God and sets His Truth above all else, there is no fallacy.

asilentskeptic

So are you a biocentrist/ecocentrist that thinks humankind is just a virus on God's green earth?

Not in the slightest. We could very easily be the best thing that ever happened to this universe... if we chose to be.

We just don't give a good accounting of ourselves when it comes to what we say we should be and what we do. That is why I responded to the statement that "99% of atheists give the rest a bad name" with what I did.

We (as humans) don't live up to the image of the "ideal" human (whatever that may be). Which is why humanity gives itself a bad name :guitar:

Asimov

Fallacy based on what? You start from a position that there is no God, therefore, you will find fallacies with any position that is based on faith in God. To the believer who knows there is a God and sets His Truth above all else, there is no fallacy.

So, you start from a position that there is a God, and THEN conclude that there is no fallacy...and how is doing the same thing as your criticism making your concept valid?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, you start from a position that there is a God, and THEN conclude that there is no fallacy...and how is doing the same thing as your criticism making your concept valid?
What's wrong with presuming God exists?

icilian fenner

If your test of truth could be applied to a mutually exclusive idea and still comes up as true, your method is flawed.

eg. I presume God exists.
And
I presume IPU/FSM exists.

Ya know?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is your problem with premises? They are quite logical, you know?

It depends ... it means you are *assuming* ... which is fine, for YOU. Now explain why anyone should just agree with your assumptions without absolute proof?

Your premise is that God exists because the Bible says so and because you believe it is the only reasonable explanation of life. I have yet to see any argument that would validate your presumption.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It depends ... it means you are *assuming* ... which is fine, for YOU. Now explain why anyone should just agree with your assumptions without absolute proof?
Premises don't need proving. You either accept them or you don't.

Your premise is that God exists because the Bible says so and because you believe it is the only reasonable explanation of life. I have yet to see any argument that would validate your presumption.
My premise is that God is who He says He is. My conclusions are based on this premise and His word.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If your test of truth could be applied to a mutually exclusive idea and still comes up as true, your method is flawed.

eg. I presume God exists.
And
I presume IPU/FSM exists.

Ya know?
:idunno:

What I am capable of saying and what I have actually said are two different things. How abouts you deal with the latter?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Premises don't need proving. You either accept them or you don't.

My premise is that God is who He says He is. My conclusions are based on this premise and His word.

EXACTLY ... which is fine for individuals only, but never a reasonable basis for creating laws and policies for all society to adhere to ... glad we agree on this!

;)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
EXACTLY ... which is fine for individuals only, but never a reasonable basis for creating laws and policies for all society to adhere to ... glad we agree on this!

;)
In a democracy, perhaps...

:think:

Democracy is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.