Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,
I just drank a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout at refrigerator temperature. It was very good. But it is much better at 55d. Try it that way next time. Pop one, pour it in a glass, stick a candy thermometer in it until you see it get to 55 or so, and let me know what you think. The flavor is so much more discernible at a warmer temp.

Good stuff either way :up: .

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight
I know that somewhere on this site I've downloaded a spell checker I'm pleased with, but I haven't been able to relocate its hiding place this morning.
Could youy point me in the right direction?

tWINs
Yup, download and install FireFox, Safari, or Chrome.

They all feature built-in spell checkers.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm getting a pop up Authentication Required: The server tweetboard.com:80 at Access restricted requires a username and password followed by a User Name and Password log in box. What's that about?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm getting a pop up Authentication Required: The server tweetboard.com:80 at Access restricted requires a username and password followed by a User Name and Password log in box. What's that about?
Tweetboard must have been having some technical difficulties. I removed the Tweetboard for now.

Breathe

What's a girl gotta do to be able to use an avatar other than those provided here? I see no option for uploading my own. TIA. :)

edit: Never mind - I just found it. My bad for not reading the whole section. ;)

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What's a girl gotta do to be able to use an avatar other than those provided here? I see no option for uploading my own. TIA. :)

edit: Never mind - I just found it. My bad for not reading the whole section. ;)
Now that somebody was nice enough to buy you a premium subscription you can upload your own custom avatar!

Zeena

Hey thanks Knight.

I have a question relating to the forums I need an answer to, if that's not too redundant, please?

How do I link YOUTUBE video's so that they show up in my post?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Hey, Knight, I have a rules question:

On youtube, there are videos of stuff like Sesame Street and Barney video clips and whatnot. Basically, these are perfectly 'clean' clips. As in, there's no bad language or anything, since they're from Sesame Street and these other...basically babies' shows.

However, censoring "beeps" and blurs placed at inappropriate times and places in the clip. For example:

"I like to wash my hair in the shower" becomes "I like to *beep* my *beep* in the shower."

Are these kinds of videos considered acceptable for TOL?

Newman

On youtube, there are videos of stuff like Sesame Street and Barney video clips and whatnot. Basically, these are perfectly 'clean' clips. As in, there's no bad language or anything, since they're from Sesame Street and these other...basically babies' shows.

However, censoring "beeps" and blurs placed at inappropriate times and places in the clip. For example:

"I like to wash my hair in the shower" becomes "I like to *beep* my *beep* in the shower."

You talking about the Count censored? That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I think those videos would be more appropriate on another website.

That's not really something that we would want on TOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.