Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Graphite

I've never seen this happen before in my years of being here.

Someone gave me a rep, but under the heading of "Thread" it just says "N/A"

What's that about, oh mighty Ka-niggit?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I already answered this one in the chatbox. Noone listens to me .. :sigh:

:chuckle:

The Graphite

Is there some way to give people rep other than on a post? Somewhere else? On their profile page, for example?

If the rep wasn't given to me on a post, then how was it done? It's not about my own rep; I want to know so I can use that feature to give rep to others, if such a way exists.

Or, if it was given to me via a post I made, then why was the thread listed as "N/A?"

Which was it?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In light of BC asking to go, does chickenman get a +10 point cushion for asking not to be deleted more than 3 times?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there some way to give people rep other than on a post? Somewhere else? On their profile page, for example?

If the rep wasn't given to me on a post, then how was it done? It's not about my own rep; I want to know so I can use that feature to give rep to others, if such a way exists.

Or, if it was given to me via a post I made, then why was the thread listed as "N/A?"

Which was it?
Oh. Maybe I don't know the answer ... :noid:

bucksplasher

Knight

Knight

I see where there's to be a movie about you with Cruise playing you. Are you pleased and did you get to offer him your interpretation of your life?

Are we required to see it?

tWINs

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Someone repped me, and then my post was deleted? :dead:
Yeah, that happens on occasion.

Usually what happens is...

A spammer gets through and starts a few threads, discussions start to happen in those threads (good posts might get made). Then we identify the spammer and run the "one touch ban and clean" which deletes all the work and effort the spammer accomplished with one-click.

The collateral damage is the good posts that someone might have made in the spammers thread are deleted along with the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.