Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army of One

jrnewma1 said:
Umm, what does "bump" mean, when referring to newbies?
It's not a reference to newbies, just something a poster does when they want to "bump" a particular thread to the top of the list.

Newman

Hey Knight,
Can I change my username to "Newman"?

I would appreciate it...

God Bless,
JR

Last edited:

Nomad

Is that ad at the top of the page new? I think it is...

Why's that?

Other than not being a subscriber...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nomad said:
Is that ad at the top of the page new? I think it is...

Why's that?

Other than not being a subscriber...
Well it goes something like this.....

I made an oversight long ago. I put the Google ad in the QuickReply box for all non-subscribers. Yet I didn't take into consideration that folks that are not logged in don't see the QuickReply box and therefore aren't served the ad. This of course is a waste of potential revenue for the site.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight said:

I made an oversight long ago. I put the Google ad in the QuickReply box for all non-subscribers. Yet I didn't take into consideration that folks that are not logged in don't see the QuickReply box and therefore aren't served the ad. This of course is a waste of potential revenue for the site.
Not to mention how annoying it is, which will lead some to subscribe [adding more revenue], just to not have the stupid things there. Especially since those ads aren't taken care of by Firefox' adblock.

Nomad

Knight said:

do you do well with those ads?

I think they're a bit annoying...but somewhat amusing

Real Sorceror

Hey Knight, why haven't we had one of those "Whos your favorite new guy" threads in a while?
We've definitly had a lot of new members in the past few weeks.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh great. It seems as though we get rid of one loser on a power trip only to get another one. :noid:

The Berean

Turbo,

Since you are a mechanical engineer can you give us a complete derivation of the Reynolds Transport Theorum? :think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.