Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
Guys, please take your discussion elsewhere.

I am a bit too busy with work right now to deal with these rep issues.

This isn't a 'Rep Issue', it's a Multi-Nick issue.

Just wondering what the rules are for that sorta thing.

Ecumenicist

BillyBob said:

Asked and answered Billy. Its OK for LH because he is a sock puppet,
specifically Sozo's sock puppet.

I'd find that a bit uncomfortable myself, but being liberal as I am, I'm not one
to judge...

Mr. 5020

Knight,

What happened to the PureX smilie? A few of us paid decent money for it, including myself (I chipped in $20).

According to the "Adopt a smilie" page, that purchase was permanent.
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Now you can purchase a smilie that will be a permanent part of TheologyOnLine and you can name it whatever you want! You can name it in your own name, or give it as a gift and name it in your friends name or you could even mockingly name a smilie in your enemies name.[/font]

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:

Well.... when we first started the rep system I wanted to try to regulate it somewhat. You, Crow and a few others convinced me to not regulate it, so I don't.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Knight,

What happened to the PureX smilie? A few of us paid decent money for it, including myself (I chipped in $20).

According to the "Adopt a smilie" page, that purchase was permanent.
I know... I know....

You must have missed out on when we decided to "can" the PureX smilie. Rules are made to be broken ya know. :)

macguy

Knight, does this forum allow images in the thread itself? I am trying to use it for things such as this:

SplashWhatever.png

Or am i doing something wrong here?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
macguy said:
Knight, does this forum allow images in the thread itself? I am trying to use it for things such as this:

SplashWhatever.png

Or am i doing something wrong here?
Only threads that are limited to subscribers, mods and admin's allow inline images. (there is a good reason behind that).

All other threads allow images as attachments but you need to be a subscriber or above to attach images.

macguy

Knight said:
Only threads that are limited to subscribers, mods and admin's allow inline images. (there is a good reason behind that).

Ah, i suppose i'll subscribe someday :D. The only three reasons i can think of are:

1. Saves bandwidth
2. Protection against people who post offensive pictures.
3. More features for subscribing.

Did i get it right? :banana:

macguy

Did you know that we don't know anything about what we do know and what we do know is usually knowing nothing?

Nomad

macguy said:
Did you know that we don't know anything about what we do know and what we do know is usually knowing nothing?

I know plenty of things about what I don't know, but even less about what I do know. Fortunately though, the extent of my knowledge isn't limited to what I do know but contains that which I don't know either, neither of which really tells me anything

:dizzy:

Sorry Knight...

Army of One

macguy said:
Ah, i suppose i'll subscribe someday :D. The only three reasons i can think of are:

1. Saves bandwidth
2. Protection against people who post offensive pictures.
3. More features for subscribing.

Did i get it right? :banana:
I think number 2 is the main reason. Otherwise, trolls/spammers/etc. (i.e. homo perverts with nothing better to do) could come on to TOL and post whatever offensive pics they wanted.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Army of One said:
I think number 2 is the main reason. Otherwise, trolls/spammers/etc. (i.e. homo perverts with nothing better to do) could come on to TOL and post whatever offensive pics they wanted.

Yep, that explains why James Hartline isn't a subscriber! :devil:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Army of One said:
:up:

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
I know... I know....

You must have missed out on when we decided to "can" the PureX smilie. Rules are made to be broken ya know. :)
Seemingly, only by you. :)

My next "Ask Knight!" question...

Knight,

Do you have a link to the discussion where the PureX smilie was canned?

The Berean

Mr. 5020 said:
Seemingly, only by you. :)

My next "Ask Knight!" question...

Knight,

Do you have a link to the discussion where the PureX smilie was canned?
Get in line!! Knight still has to post the link to the history behind TOL! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.