Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystyk

thelaqachisnext said:
Actually, reading the posts he made, it is obvious that he may be aflicted with a certain disorder which makes him unable to understand logic, though he may indeed be intelligent.
My daughter is a teacher in a Christian High School and one of her students is afflicted with the kind of disorder this person exhibits. He is highly intelligent -almost super intelligent, being able to remember anything he has read and is a storepouse of information as to history on about any subject, but processing information logically is denied him and he has to be watched and corralled and controlled, as he is likely to go off in directions harmful to the class at any time. His parents are super Christians who have done everything they can for him to be able to mainstream in life.
Reading this person is like listening to that other one talk. I can't remember the name of the affliction, however, at this time.

Since you wish to add your insults to this conversation:

Your correct. For many years I was plagued by my own ability to reason. So much so that it caused me to believe for a large portion of my life to think that I could do anything I wanted on my own. My pursuit of truth became very gnostic in nature. Even to the point of seeing those who believed in God as backwards thinking people. For many years I was affiliated with a secret society of people called the Thelemic Order of the Golden Dawn. These people actually believe that they are the ones controlling the destiny of mankind. But of all the so called "knowledge" this group has collected from the centuries of mankinds' searches, the one thing they have never understood that most Christians do understand is love. But it is in responses like yours that they find encouragement. The lack of love for me as indicated in your sarcasm and derision of my person is everything they look for when trying to show that Christianity is a dying religion whose time they believe is near an end.

But by the grace of God's love for me, He has caused me to repent and turn my heart towards Jesus once again. One of the ways he has helped me to return to Him is to not expect to see love from other Christians. Because I testify here before God and all, there are very few Christians that I have witnessed in my life loving their neighbor as themselves. But rather to keep my eyes on the prize-which is a loving relationship with Jesus. To help me to walk with Him daily in word, deed and prayer. Where possible God is bringing me to those places to share my testimony and the gospel of His loving salvation to those that God knows are needing and hungering to hear it.

Perhaps I am not much of a Christian. In fact I know that the thoughts and feeling in the past that have been present in my heart and mind towards God make me completely unworthy of even the smallest amount of love from God-let alone devout and loving Christians like yourself. Even if I should prove my faith over the span of a thousand years, I am quite certain I would not be deserving of love from a saint like yourself. Therefore, if you need to hate my person and degrade my character and make me a byword of loathing on this forum-then please fell free to do so with no malice or resentment from me.

My only concern anymore is to make every effort possible to try to live in loving compliance with God's wishes for my life. And to hope that where ever possible I may be blessed with the opportunity to share words of Christ's love to someone who deserves His love far more then me-which shouldn't be too difficult.

To those that were kind enough to keep their insults and derision to themselves: I thank you from the bottom of my foolish heart. May God always protect you and bring peace to you where ever you are in life.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Mystyk said:
Since you wish to add your insults to this conversation:

Your correct. For many years I was plagued by my own ability to reason. So much so that it caused me to believe for a large portion of my life to think that I could do anything I wanted on my own. My pursuit of truth became very gnostic in nature. Even to the point of seeing those who believed in God as backwards thinking people. For many years I was affiliated with a secret society of people called the Thelemic Order of the Golden Dawn. These people actually believe that they are the ones controlling the destiny of mankind. But of all the so called "knowledge" this group has collected from the centuries of mankinds' searches, the one thing they have never understood that most Christians do understand is love. But it is in responses like yours that they find encouragement. The lack of love for me as indicated in your sarcasm and derision of my person is everything they look for when trying to show that Christianity is a dying religion whose time they believe is near an end.

But by the grace of God's love for me, He has caused me to repent and turn my heart towards Jesus once again. One of the ways he has helped me to return to Him is to not expect to see love from other Christians. Because I testify here before God and all, there are very few Christians that I have witnessed in my life loving their neighbor as themselves. But rather to keep my eyes on the prize-which is a loving relationship with Jesus. To help me to walk with Him daily in word, deed and prayer. Where possible God is bringing me to those places to share my testimony and the gospel of His loving salvation to those that God knows are needing and hungering to hear it.

Perhaps I am not much of a Christian. In fact I know that the thoughts and feeling in the past that have been present in my heart and mind towards God make me completely unworthy of even the smallest amount of love from God-let alone devout and loving Christians like yourself. Even if I should prove my faith over the span of a thousand years, I am quite certain I would not be deserving of love from a saint like yourself. Therefore, if you need to hate my person and degrade my character and make me a byword of loathing on this forum-then please fell free to do so with no malice or resentment from me.

My only concern anymore is to make every effort possible to try to live in loving compliance with God's wishes for my life. And to hope that where ever possible I may be blessed with the opportunity to share words of Christ's love to someone who deserves His love far more then me-which shouldn't be too difficult.

To those that were kind enough to keep their insults and derision to themselves: I thank you from the bottom of my foolish heart. May God always protect you and bring peace to you where ever you are in life.
Do you have asperger's syndrome, then [that was the name of the disorder] -or are you undiagnosed?

You are judging me by your comments, and your piety is false.
No Believer is accepted by any deed they have done, but only by what the Maker of us, who owns us, has done to get His own back.

Jesus Christ is the only standard the Creator accepts, and one can only be 'in Him' by being born again, in Him, and that is free to whosoever calls upon His name in truth.

If you've called upon His name, best leave off defending yourself, now, or accusing others, but just go develop your relationship with Him by reading His word to you.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mystyk, maybe you should have composed your first post in this thread like this:

What becomes of the subscription proceeds? Do any of the proceeds go to Denver Bible Church?
See? No jumping to conclusions. No insulting insinuations.

It's best to get your facts straight before you make accusations. And no, thinly veiling your accusations as "honest questions" doesn't excuse you.

Mystyk

I have acknowledged my mistakes. I have asked for the person whom I may have offended to forgive me. But in the hours that I have been away, not one Christian response of forgiveness or love that edifies or brings God the glory has been witnessed by any of you that chose to respond. But I know that my conscience is secure in the knowledge that I spoke with the most sincerest intention and integriy of my heart. As the Lord has made possible I have attempted to remedy and make right and understandable the source of the many venomous responses.

It is my prayer that God will hear my supplication. That as He wills, that He might respond to you as you have responded to me. May God in His wisdom allow you to receive as you hve given today. May God teach me to love and forgive, as He commands; and as you have not done this day.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Mystyk said:
I have acknowledged my mistakes. I have asked for the person whom I may have offended to forgive me. But in the hours that I have been away, not one Christian response of forgiveness or love that edifies or brings God the glory has been witnessed by any of you that chose to respond. But I know that my conscience is secure in the knowledge that I spoke with the most sincerest intention and integriy of my heart. As the Lord has made possible I have attempted to remedy and make right and understandable the source of the many venomous responses.

It is my prayer that God will hear my supplication. That as He wills, that He might respond to you as you have responded to me. May God in His wisdom allow you to receive as you hve given today. May God teach me to love and forgive, as He commands; and as you have not done this day.
You have the most condemning, hypocritical, judgmental spirit...

Mystyk

thelaqachisnext said:
You have the most condemning, hypocritical, judgmental spirit...

Exactly what was hypocritical about what I have stated?

What exactly was a lie about what I have said?

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Mystyk said:
Exactly what was hypocritical about what I have stated?

What exactly was a lie about what I have said?
I didn't call you a liar.

hypocrite somebody feigning high principles:

pious
3. acting in falsely moralizing way: talking or acting in a falsely, hypocritically, or affectedly moralizing way

condemn
2. consider somebody guilty: to judge that a person or thing is to blame for something

judgmental
tending to criticize: tending to judge or criticize the conduct of other people

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
I hope you can go do something that makes you happy. Life's too short to waste like this.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mystyk said:
I have acknowledged my mistakes. I have asked for the person whom I may have offended to forgive me.
Oops! I had missed that. Very well. :up:

Mystyk

thelaqachisnext said:
I didn't call you a liar.

hypocrite somebody feigning high principles:

pious
3. acting in falsely moralizing way: talking or acting in a falsely, hypocritically, or affectedly moralizing way

condemn
2. consider somebody guilty: to judge that a person or thing is to blame for something

judgmental
tending to criticize: tending to judge or criticize the conduct of other people

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
I hope you can go do something that makes you happy. Life's too short to waste like this.

It is interesting that for the definition for 'pious' you chose the 3rd definition as provided by Encarta. Interesting that it is the only definition that is contrary at odds with the other 6 definitions, as well as its etymological root. Where the more common usage is applied to those considered devout to their faith in spirit and in practice.

Where exactly did I feign high principles? Since we are breaking down the definition of terms.

Feign: (1) to make a show or pretense of something. (2) to make up or fabricate something. (3) to immitate or copy somebody or something. (French: of feindre "pretend, shirk"; Latin: fabricate, form)

To accuse me of feigning high principles is to call me a liar. Striving to live to the high principles that God has set before of all of humanity is my interest. There is no feigning by me. That I may fail to live up to those high principals more often then I would like to admit does in no way keep me from attempting to live up to those standards. Each time that I fall, my prayer is to Christ that I might be lifted up that I might strive again to live in accordance to God's high principles for my life.

My testimony of my experience from the words of your mouth is my testimony. The one who condemns or convicts is not me. It is Christ Jesus that convicts through the Holy Spirit.

As for being judgemental, I make no apologies. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." (Mattew 7:2) Keeping this in mnd, I shall not forsake the teaching of Paul in 2 Timothy to "preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with great patience and instruction." (2 Timothy 4:2) I shall take up the full armour of God to the best of my ability, including the sword of truth (Ephesians 6:10-17)

You may find it difficult to believe that my interest is to seek after God and His righteousness, and to make his precepts and teachings a part of my everyday life. Your lack of belief in the integrity of my person as spelled out for you in no way keeps me from striving to accomplish that which God as set out before me. Believe it or not, there are many of us in this world that God has caused to actually prefer living by the high standard and principles that Christ has called us all to pursue. That we fail from time to time to fulfill those expectations is not hypocrisy. Rather only a reminder to the contrite heart of the grace and loving mercy of God's forgiveness towards those that love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I wonder if Mystyk noticed that I hide behind a mask? :think:
And greedily charge money so we can see you without it via the Knight Cam. ;)

Last edited:

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Mystyk said:
I...

...me... my... me... I... I... me... I... I... I... my...

My... my... my... me...

I ... I... I...
my... my... my... me... me...
Dear Mystyk,
I have deleted all the totally unnessary words in your post, leaving only those with the most vital details, explaining your personal condition and the total focus of your existence in only those precisely executed words of highest importance. In the future, you may use this edited version to reply, saving yourself undue labor in searching to find words to insert which may mislead others and sidetrack them from your true heart, which you are determined to express and make understood.
I hope this is of help to you. Feel free to use it without any payment of any kind for my own labor as it was easy -and of no consequence.

Sincerely,
thelaqachisnext

azrael777

Knight, this might be an innappropriate place for the question but I keep hearing people challenge each other to a battle royal. In the battle royal rules you say " after the contestants are chosen", how exactly are they chosen? And how come it has been so long since there has been a battle royal? And can I battle my wife in the battle royal? The topic would be Toilet Seat: Up or Down!

Shalom

Dread Helm said:
Hey Knight!

I got a question for you...
If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?

:ha: :chuckle:

Reminds me of something GuySmiley would say.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
azrael777 said:
Knight, this might be an innappropriate place for the question but I keep hearing people challenge each other to a battle royal. In the battle royal rules you say " after the contestants are chosen", how exactly are they chosen? And how come it has been so long since there has been a battle royal? And can I battle my wife in the battle royal? The topic would be Toilet Seat: Up or Down!
*snicker*

bowhunter

Question to TOL

Question to TOL

Is there a way to go to the post the winner won an award for? Say make a dropdown menu when the award is clicked on with several options such as linking to the post and to the persons id page? I would like to read what they wrote that they won for.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight,

Could/would you add a "Printer Friendly Version" button so that if we want to print out something brilliant (like about half of what Pastor Hill posts for example) we can do so without so much hastle? I don't need to print all the avatars and graphics. Color ink cartriges don't last long enough as it is.

SUTG

Clete said:
Knight,

Could/would you add a "Printer Friendly Version" button so that if we want to print out something brilliant (like about half of what Pastor Hill posts for example) we can do so without so much hastle? I don't need to print all the avatars and graphics. Color ink cartriges don't last long enough as it is.

That would be nice!

But, in case you didn't know, you can sometimes get good results this way:

1) Select the text you want to print.
2) Go to File/Print
3) Make sure the "Selection only" checkbox is clicked.

This isn't quite as nice as a printer ready format, but usually works out OK.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Knight,

Doesn't the "Text Only" skin fit that bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.