Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I just want to know the date of my original post, and I wish the search function allwed you to choose a specific year.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Is there a way for "EC:" to prefix to threads in the Exclusively Christian forum? So that if I created a thread in there called "Church Potlucks" it would show as "EC: Church Potlucks". That way the non-Christians that just surf the active page can know right off the bat it's off limits.

Mr. 5020

Lucky said:
Is there a way for "EC:" to prefix to threads in the Exclusively Christian forum? So that if I created a thread in there called "Church Potlucks" it would show as "EC: Church Potlucks". That way the non-Christians that just surf the active page can know right off the bat it's off limits.
It would probably be easier just to include a "Forum" column on the active page.

Sozo

Knight...

How about making a Dialogue forum where we can list those who we want to invite to a discussion. It can be anywhere from 1-5 people, and no one else is allowed to post in that thread.

We need to do something because people like chandru, Letsargue, OlDove, fool, & godrulz are disruptive to nearly every thread, and nothing is ever accomplished.

Thanks!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Knight...

How about making a Dialogue forum where we can list those who we want to invite to a discussion. It can be anywhere from 1-5 people, and no one else is allowed to post in that thread.

We need to do something because people like chandru, Letsargue, OlDove, fool, & godrulz are disruptive to nearly every thread, and nothing is ever accomplished.

Thanks!
I agree.

logos_x

Sozo said:
Knight...

Thanks!

I think this is an excellent idea!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
Knight...

Thanks!
I love that idea, but I don't know how to make it happen.

If I did TOL for a living (trust me) I would spend all day and night figuring stuff like that out.

fool

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Knight...

Thanks!
I don't have the time to be disruptive in "nearly every thread".
I do what I can though :chuckle:

C

cattyfan

Knight said:
I love that idea, but I don't know how to make it happen.

If I did TOL for a living (trust me) I would spend all day and night figuring stuff like that out.

wouldn't it be similar to setting up the one on one or Battle Royal discussions?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
cattyfan said:
wouldn't it be similar to setting up the one on one or Battle Royal discussions?
We have to manually make a person belong to the one on one group for them to participate in a one on one thread.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have an idea.

IMHO, those dingbats that post on this site and are nothing but a distraction and an annoyance should be banned. To that end I propose the following...

Anyone who manages to get -1000 reputation points, which seems nearly impossible to get unless you just think that the entire world is wrong and your the only one who knows anything at all, should be automatically banned for 1 month. Then if they return and their numbers continue to go down to the point that they have -1500 points they should be banned for life.

This way, getting negative rep points will actually mean something and it might serve as a deterrent against wacko lunatic behavior on the forum.

What do you think?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
I have an idea.

IMHO, those dingbats that post on this site and are nothing but a distraction and an annoyance should be banned. To that end I propose the following...

Anyone who manages to get -1000 reputation points, which seems nearly impossible to get unless you just think that the entire world is wrong and your the only one who knows anything at all, should be automatically banned for 1 month. Then if they return and their numbers continue to go down to the point that they have -1500 points they should be banned for life.

This way, getting negative rep points will actually mean something and it might serve as a deterrent against wacko lunatic behavior on the forum.

What do you think?

Resting in Him,
Clete
I don't want the rep system to determine anything. :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight, if someone asks you the same question multiple times are you likely to give in?
:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.