Arrested For Refusing The Pledge?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another reason why public school sucks.

Like close to 50% of public school students, this kid most likely comes from a single parent home. I doubt that his mom could work and homeschool at the same time.

Besides, as a Christian I can't abandon those in need, and those in our public school system are definitely in need.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wonder if the parents of that kid also view the American flag as racist?
Who is putting such a stupid idea in his head?

turning-point-usa-colin-kaepernick-glen-coffee-born-in-1987-36062619.png

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... the sub was ... trying to force the student to stand ...
... she continued to berate him for not standing ...
... she chose to violate his rights ...
... she was violating the law ...

if you continue discussing stories other than the one in the OP, i'll report you for thread derailing

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like close to 50% of public school students, this kid most likely comes from a single parent home. I doubt that his mom could work and homeschool at the same time.

Besides, as a Christian I can't abandon those in need, and those in our public school system are definitely in need.
Refusing to stand as the teacher instructed and being disruptive in class is NOT a "need".

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Refusing to stand as the teacher instructed and being disruptive in class is NOT a "need".

Just think: If the kid were homeschooled he could listen to all of that HATRED towards America for a full day instead of just listening to it at night from his parental figure(s).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
... as a Christian I can't abandon those in need, and those in our public school system are definitely in need.

by all means, share with us how you serve that need

While this thread does deal with public education, since it took place in one of those 'God-less public school classrooms', it's about a student who to refused to stand to make a pledge to an allegiance to a country that has God (or at least once did) as it's moral foundation.

I don't want to derail the thread so I will make my pro public education stance in another thread.