Are you excited for TOL fellowship week?

Are you excited for TOL fellowship week?

• YES - I love the change of pace.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • NO - I hate fellowship week!

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo

"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

Are you asking us to fellowship with godrulz?
Uh.... were you planning on "binding" yourself to godrulz?

Sozo

Originally posted by Knight

Uh.... were you planning on "binding" yourself to godrulz?
Believers (those in the light) are bound to one another. If I understand Paul, "fellowshipping" is to be done among those whom you are bound to, and not those who walk in darkness. Of course, you may have a different understanding of what the term "fellowship" means than I have come to understand it, or you may have a different view of godrulz than I do. However, I certainly am convinced that you know the difference between light and darkness.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Believers (those in the light) are bound to one another. If I understand Paul, "fellowshipping" is to be done among those whom you are bound to, and not those who walk in darkness. Of course, you may have a different understanding of what the term "fellowship" means than I have come to understand it, or you may have a different view of godrulz than I do. However, I certainly am convinced that you know the difference between light and darkness.
So... you think fellowshipping is the same as being "bound" with someone or creating a "partnership" with someone?

Sozo

So... you think fellowshipping is the same as being "bound" with someone or creating a "partnership" with someone?
Not inevitably. I see it more as commuion. I can certainly have non-combative conversation with those outside the faith, but we know who they are, and they pretty much agree that they are not in communion with us, and we can "get along" in non-important matters (I do have unsaved family members). I also have family members who claim Christ, but they are in a cult, and I refuse to have fellowship with them, because it legitimizes them in the eyes of those whom I am seeking to share the gospel with. I certainly would not want to leave anyone a false impression that those who preach another Jesus are in any way worthy of my acceptance.

C

cattyfan

I like it.

I also like the burst of pent up hostility that is released directly following. :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I certainly would not want to leave anyone a false impression that those who preach another Jesus are in any way worthy of my acceptance.
There is NO reason that you cannot fellowship with a person yet still make them aware of the truth.

It's fellowship week... not "mask the truth week".

In other words....

On a regular week at TOL you might tell a liberal....

You are a baby murdering pile of crap!

During fellowship week you might state....

Abortion is murder. Murder is wrong. Unrepentant murderers go to hell. Would you like a soda?

Get the point? :)

Sozo

There is NO reason that you cannot fellowship with a person yet still make them aware of the truth.

In other words....

Abortion is murder. Murder is wrong. Unrepentant murderers go to hell. Would you like a soda?

:chuckle:

I think so... :think:

:sozo2: :wave2: :dunce:

:cheers:

:dunce: = :dizzy:

:Grizzly: :dizzy:

:dunce: = :dead:

:mock: :dead:

SOTK

In other words....

:darwinsm:

SOTK

Am I excited for TOL fellowship week?

I voted "NO, I hate fellowship week!". Would you like a soda?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SOTK

Am I excited for TOL fellowship week?

I voted "NO, I hate fellowship week!". Would you like a soda?

:chuckle:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
That's it? Fellowship Week is "Would you like a soda?" :up:

As long as we don't have to sing "Kumbaya" incessantly. :down:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The only people voting YES are the commies who need a break from their daily ridiculing.
:mock: :stupidcommies:

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Billy Bob-
The only people voting YES are the commies who need a break from their daily ridiculing.
:stupidcommies:
I think what you meant to say was;

The only people voting YES are the brothers of the people of the… oh never mind… commies deserve ridiculing!

Only I voted YES and I ain’t no commie!