Are You a Judaizer?

CherubRam

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)

That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (John 3:6)​

We are begotten of the Spirit but we are not yet born of the Spirit.

Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing.

CherubRam

You misunderstood the question, I'm asking what does the term "born of the Spirit" mean according to Jesus' definition?
Born of the Spirit means to be of the nature of God our Heavenly Father.

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The story was so simple he did not need to explain it to his disciples, but to the multitude he only spoke parables.

All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world.”
(Matthew 13:34-35)​

CherubRam

The story was so simple he did not need to explain it to his disciples, but to the multitude he only spoke parables.

All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world.”
(Matthew 13:34-35)​

I have been a Christian for more than 50 years Jamie, I know about parables, and I have read the bible many times. Luke 16 is not the words of Christ. Luke 16 is against what Christ believed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Born of the Spirit means to be of the nature of God our Heavenly Father.

Jesus said that which is born of the flesh is flesh, but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit.

For those who are flesh their life is in their blood. For those born of the Spirit their life is inherent.

If you bleed then you are not yet Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have been a Christian for more than 50 years Jamie, I know about parables, and I have read the bible many times. Luke 16 is not the words of Christ. Luke 16 is against what Christ believed.

Yes indeed, many people don't believe scripture because they don't accept it as being inspired.

Fudge on...

CherubRam

Jesus said that which is born of the flesh is flesh, but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit.

For those who are flesh their life is in their blood. For those born of the Spirit their life is inherent.

If you bleed then you are not yet Spirit.

A soul consist of both body and spirit.

marhig

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)

That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (John 3:6)​

We are begotten of the Spirit but we are not yet born of the Spirit.

Those who are truly led by the spirit are born again, they are born of the spirit. their old man is dying and Christ is living through them

1 Peter 1

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Peter 1

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
(1 Peter 1:3-5)​

We must be begotten of the Spirit before we can be born of the Spirit, birth will happen at the end of this age.

marhig

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
(1 Peter 1:3-5)​

We must be begotten of the Spirit before we can be born of the Spirit, birth will happen at the end of this age.

I believe that those who have the spirit of God dwelling in their hearts, are born of the spirit. Once they are born of the spirit, they will be denying the flesh and you will see the fruits of the spirit in their lives. The spirit will be putting them to death and they will be overcoming the flesh.

Jesus said this

John 3

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

We must be born of the spirit to enter Gods kingdom. We ask for Gods kingdom to come into our hearts every day so that we can do his will. How can his kingdom enter into our hearts if we not born of the spirit? To be born of the spirit is to be born of God. Once we are born of the spirit, we are born again. Our old life should be dying and we should be living by the will of God and obeying him. Walking not after the flesh, but after the spirit. This is being born of the spirit.

If we are led by the spirit, we must be born of the spirit

Galatians 5

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

I'm a completely different person now that I've found God, he's cleaning my heart every day. He's changing me daily and my conscience is stronger than ever. All of this is done through Christ, without him I would be dead in my sins. I've never felt peace like it. And I know that I am now born of the spirit and as I'm dying to the flesh daily i an becoming stronger in God. Without him, I am nothing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Exactly. Paul said, "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption."
(1 Corinthians 15:50)

Do you have an incorruptible body or a corruptible body? Are you immortal?

For this corruptible must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality. (1 Corinthians 15:53)​

marhig

Exactly. Paul said, "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption."
(1 Corinthians 15:50)

Do you have an incorruptible body or a corruptible body? Are you immortal?

For this corruptible must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality. (1 Corinthians 15:53)​

The immortality that we must put on is the holy spirit. We are then born of the spirit.

Why do you think we ask for Gods kingdom to come every day if we can't have it?

marhig

The flesh is mortal, the spirit is immortal. I don't want to argue. I'm only discussing with you. I don't hold anything against you. I don't know your heart only God knows that.