ARCHIVE: I believe religion to be obsolete

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
I'm just stating an opinion as people have stated against the Catholics and the Pope etc. What's the difference?

Not my fault that Granite cannot admit he made a serious mistake in his comments.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jjjg

I'm just stating an opinion as people have stated against the Catholics and the Pope etc. What's the difference?

Not my fault that Granite cannot admit he made a serious mistake in his comments.

Triple J, I'm not aware of any serious mistake I've made in my comments. You, however,

a) have insinuated I'm a Holocaust denier

b) have insisted that the church did not support fascism in Europe

and

c) claimed that millions of Christian Poles were murdered because of their faith

The first bit of innuendo is despicable, ignorant, and extremely offensive. You've yet to apologize for making such a degrading comment, not that I expect an apology from you.

Your ignorance of Italian and German history notwithstanding, the Catholic Church either actively supported fascism in Europe through its bishops, cardinals, and other spokesmen, or passively ignored the Holocaust and the abuses of Il Duce.

RJ Rummel's work "Death by Government" provides tables, graphs, and extremely detailed--and, hence, disheartening--studies of genocides throughout the 20th century. His examination of the Third Reich's atrocities does not feature the death of "millions of Christian Poles." Whether Poles were murdered because they were Poles--with their Christianity seen as incidental--is one thing. But to misrepresent their death and the motives of their killers is simply inaccurate.

I am not aware of any scholar--William Shirer, David Goldhagen, who I quote in my signature, or others who have examined the Third Reich--claiming that three million Polish Christians were killed BECAUSE of their faith.

In the interest of full disclosure, those ancestors of mine murdered by the Nazis were Polish.

Last edited:

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Again, you are just digging your hole deeper by denying that three million Catholic Poles were killed in the Holocaust.

Just as Jewish people would be upset if a person denied that three million Polish Jews were killed. A Catholic would get upset if you denied that three million Catholic Poles died.

Denying the death of the Catholic Poles does in fact make you a Holocaust denier.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jjjg

Again, you are just digging your hole deeper by denying that three million Catholic Poles were killed in the Holocaust.

Just as Jewish people would be upset if a person denied that three million Polish Jews were killed. A Catholic would get upset if you denied that three million Catholic Poles died.

Denying the death of the Catholic Poles does in fact make you a Holocaust denier.

I already said I didn't deny they were murdered; I disputed whether they killed because of their faith or whether it was incidental to the Nazis. Again, I'm not aware of any Holocaust scholar claiming that the non-Jewish Poles were killed because of their faith. Are you?

Insisting that I'm a Holocaust denier is appalling, incidently, and I'd very much appreciate it if you stopped associating me with those scumbags.

Janus

Banus
Banned
Dear jjjg,
Granite is right. The Nazi's formed their own Christian church. Obviously it had a bit of a Nazi spin to it but it was still Christian. Not because Hitler had a moral principal to upheld but because 90% of Germany was Christian exluding the Jews. Hitler couldn't turn against people of Christian origin. Nazi doctrine believed in a God given right, the Jews killed Christ, the holocaust served a purpose for Nazi Germany. Not one I agree with but it would have been impossible to persecute the Church as you describe. There wouldn't have been anybody left to support the Nazis!!!

Jackielabby

Banned
Banned
JESUS ON HELL (part 8) - Revelation 21:8
"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

This actually means that the vast majority of the world's population are going to hell!! Well, at least I won't be lonely there!!:)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jackielabby

JESUS ON HELL (part 8) - Revelation 21:8
"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

This actually means that the vast majority of the world's population are going to hell!! Well, at least I won't be lonely there!!:)
Actually:
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not decieved: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
-1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Jackielabby

Banned
Banned
KILL THOSE WHO WORK ON THE SABBATH (part 1) - Exodus 31:14-15 (NLT)
"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death."

KILL THOSE WHO WORK ON THE SABBATH (part 2) - Exodus 35:2-3 (NLT)
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day."

Hope nobody on this site works on Sundays!!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death."

"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day."

:darwinsm:

Sunday's not the Sabbath!

:darwinsm:

You were a Catholic weren't you?:darwinsm:

And that law was for the Jews, before Christ. Read 1 Colossians 2:16.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame

Tough times require tough rules. :thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Once again, Sunday is nto the Sabbath!:darwinsm:

This is rich! Even former Catholics bow to the Pope!:darwinsm:

And the Sabbath was a covenant between God and Israel. It is no longer in effect!

You crack me up!:crackup:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by :Brandon:

Once again, Sunday is nto the Sabbath!:darwinsm:

This is rich! Even former Catholics bow to the Pope!:darwinsm:

And the Sabbath was a covenant between God and Israel. It is no longer in effect!

You crack me up!:crackup:

Ok. A serious moment.
We don't know which day is the calendar Sabbath, correct? I can get with that, no problem. My Bible teacher's advice is, "There are currently seven choices. Pick one."

God said:
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

I understand the "no longer in effect" part.

Are you referring to Jesus speaking:
Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
I don't understand the "covenant between God and Israel" part.

julie21

FrankErnest:I don't understand the "covenant between God and Israel" part.

I think Lighthouse was referring to the covenant of the 10 commandments given by God to Israel through Moses, and that since the New covenant of Jesus Christ,given by God through the Cross, that this is no longer law for us.
Have I got this right Lighthouse?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
julie-
Partially.

FrankiE-
"Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant."
-Exodus 31:16

"Every sabbath he shall set in order before the Lord continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant."
-Leviticus 24:8

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by :Brandon:

julie-
Partially.

FrankiE-
"Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant."
-Exodus 31:16

"Every sabbath he shall set in order before the Lord continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant."
-Leviticus 24:8

Ok. :up: Any thought that this might affect the other commandments as well?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frank Ernest

Ok. :up: Any thought that this might affect the other commandments as well?
Yes. I assume you're referring just to the ten. Am I correct?