ARCHIVE: Fool is only fooling himself

genuineoriginal

Balder said:
There is no evidence in the Biblical texts, that I'm aware of, that the children the Hebrews killed were combatants. I understand that you would probably feel more comfortable defending genocide if you could argue that every single individual killed was a violent, raving, evil lunatic. That's a classic process. It's called "demonization."
see my last post answering fool

Aimiel

Balder said:
What if the commander, a religious man, says that God told him that this is what you are supposed to do?
I would say, "He didn't tell me that, and it is still an unlawful order, which I have to reject obeying and report the issuance of via the chain-of-command, per the instructions in the UCMJ," as would anyone in the US military who has half a brain.

genuineoriginal

Aimiel said:
I would say, "He didn't tell me that, and it is still an unlawful order, which I have to reject obeying and report the issuance of via the chain-of-command, per the instructions in the UCMJ," as would anyone in the US military who has half a brain.
Are you sure? This sounds a lot like the time when Miriam and Aaron were questioning the authority of Moses.
Numbers 12
1And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
2And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.
3(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
4And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
5And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
7My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
9And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.​

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Catatumba said:
That's sociological "sin". How did people populate the earth in the beginning of things?????????
First man with first woman and then first son with first daughter, and so on and so forth. :dog:
I don't see how your post has anything to do with he post of mine that you quoted.

Aimiel

genuineoriginal said:
Are you sure? This sounds a lot like the time when Miriam and Aaron were questioning the authority of Moses.
I don't doubt that it does, but you need to have your mind renewed. The New Covenant (under which believers in Jesus reside) gives us personal relationship with The Lord. He won't violate His Word by giving one man access to His Commands which He doesn't give to all who believe. He wants every single believer on earth to hear His Voice, and not to follow the voice of a stranger. Jesus said that His sheep would hear His Voice, not just His shepherds. :duh:

genuineoriginal

Aimiel said:
I don't doubt that it does, but you need to have your mind renewed. The New Covenant (under which believers in Jesus reside) gives us personal relationship with The Lord. He won't violate His Word by giving one man access to His Commands which He doesn't give to all who believe. He wants every single believer on earth to hear His Voice, and not to follow the voice of a stranger. Jesus said that His sheep would hear His Voice, not just His shepherds. :duh:
:dunce: :duh:
:confused: Why do you say :duh: ?

If I understand your point: you are saying that NOW, in the time of the New Covenant, you can verify that the command given by a man in the name of the LORD is truly His command. I agree :thumb:
1 Corinthians 14
37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.​

The situation we were discussing was in the time of Joshua, not Jesus. At that time, God had appointed Joshua to be the leader of the Children of Israel after the death of Moses. Joshua did not command the Children of Israel to do anything that was not already spelled out in the books of Moses. He was following the authority of God, Himself, through Moses, the man that God said He spoke to face to face.

Now, if you think yourself to be a prophet or spiritual, then you should agree that the things I just wrote are true, and that the commands given by Joshua were the commandments of the Lord.

fool

Hall of Fame
genuineoriginal said:
:confused:

You brought up the argument about God telling the Children of Israel to kill the inhabitants of the city, I ask for the command you are referring to, and you tell me I don't know my Bible very well?
How many verses are in the Bible? Am I omniscient or a mind reader to know which one of the many verses in the Bible you are specifically referring to?

Thank you for providing the verses you have a complaint with.

Deuteronomy 20
16But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:​

You left out the verse that defined the reason for this.
Deuteronomy 20
18That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.​

What are these abominations that are so bad? The list is found in Leviticus 18.

Here is the result of these abominations:

Leviticus 18
24Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
25And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
26Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27(For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled; )
28That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
29For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
30Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.​

Again, it comes back to God judging cities and nations for wickedness.
Leviticus 18
25And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.​
First off the land is not vomiting out it's inhabitants, the Hebrews are smoting them with the sword so don't go blaming the land.
Second, a new born isn't going to teach anybody any abominations, so there's no reason to smote them there either.

genuineoriginal

fool said:
First off the land is not vomiting out it's inhabitants, the Hebrews are smoting them with the sword so don't go blaming the land.
Second, a new born isn't going to teach anybody any abominations, so there's no reason to smote them there either.
Did you look at the list of perversions, i mean iniquities?
Do you understand the implications of that list?

genuineoriginal

genuineoriginal said:
Did you look at the list of perversions, i mean iniquities?
Do you understand the implications of that list?
If you looked at the list, and understand the implications, then you will understand how this (link) is relevant.
Exodus 15
26And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.​

fool

Hall of Fame
genuineoriginal said:
If you looked at the list, and understand the implications, then you will understand how this (link) is relevant.
Exodus 15
26And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.​
So back to the disease argument.
Are you sure the tribes in question were 100% infected?
Don't you find it odd that crossing the border gets you out of the total smote area? (are you saying that there's no infection once you leave Isreal?)

genuineoriginal

fool said:
So back to the disease argument.
Are you sure the tribes in question were 100% infected?
Don't you find it odd that crossing the border gets you out of the total smote area? (are you saying that there's no infection once you leave Isreal?)
I am trying to respond to your argument that there is no justification for killing an entire city, every man, woman, child, and beast.

I pointed out what the specific abominations were that caused this order.

I showed you from modern science what happens because of the abominations (STDs).

You know that only certain cities were ordered to be destroyed this severely.

So, to look at this logically:
Yes, I am 100% sure that the cities that were ordered to be destroyed to the last man, woman, child, and beast were infected beyond repair. Whether that meant 100% of the population was infected, I cannot be sure of that. Apparantly one family in Jericho had managed to avoid infection.

As far as the total smote area goes, it was only selected cities, the ones that were committing the abominations listed in Leviticus 18. Crossing the border had nothing to do with it, it was a matter of which cities, tribes, and nations were committing the abominations. The borders of Israel were irrelevant except that the cities within the borders were committing the abominations.

It all holds together logically. There was sufficient justification to kill every man, woman, child, and beast within the cities because of the abominations being practiced there.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Poly... Turbo... this thread is a keeper "ARCHIVE". :up:

:up:

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Poly... Turbo... this thread is a keeper "ARCHIVE". :up:
Is that the same as a "sticky"?
Seems that since I made into "The Best of Bob" with the first two shows that the wrap up attack thread would at least be worth sticky status.
Sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!

fool

Hall of Fame
Hey!
Since the foolish question thread was the impitus for this one can we archive/sticky that one too?
Maybe merge or blend em somehow?
(get my good side! no, my other good side)

genuineoriginal

fool said:
Is that the same as a "sticky"?
Seems that since I made into "The Best of Bob" with the first two shows that the wrap up attack thread would at least be worth sticky status.
Sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!
Quick, someone slap a postit note on him before he explodes!

Balder

Interesting that this is seen as worth showcasing for the Christian point of view:

A flimsy but empassioned defense of genocide.

:doh:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Balder said:
Interesting that this is seen as worth showcasing for the Christian point of view:

A flimsy but empassioned defense of genocide.

:doh:
Coming from a person who thinks the US military is guilty of murder your opinion isn't very credible. :)

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Coming from a person who thinks the US military is guilty of murder your opinion isn't very credible. :)
I posited Joshua's army was guilty of murder and now there's an archive thread dedicted to it. All I can say is
STICKY!!!!!!!!!