Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
why should i go off on one of your bunny trails when you haven't addressed your lie here?

I didn't lie. When see a woman drinking and showing more skin than you think is appropriate you think she deserves to be raped. Do you deny that you believe that woman deserved to be raped under certain circumstances?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Let's be clear, are you stating, for the record, that no woman ever deserves to be raped?

for the record, my position is as follows:

we bear responsibility for the consequences of our actions when we engage in those actions knowing that we are putting ourselves at significant risk of those consequences

i have to give God credit for putting that silly idea in my head:
Galatians 6:7-9King James Version (KJV)

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

glorydaz

You are equating a stripper with a rapist/murderer, which requires justification.

Both are sinners. You're the one who tries to justify one of those sinners.

Stripping is nowhere forbidden. In fact your standards for modesty are not in the Bible, are they?

Show me God's commands against belly dancing, stripping, bathing suits, nude beaches, etc.

I shouldn't need to even tell you this. :nono:

1 Tim. 2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.​

Do I need to tell you that adultery is a matter of the mind, and not just the body?
Matt. 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.​

Do you have to be told what is lewd and impure behavior? Do you know we're told to abstain from all appearance of evil? Do you look at the faces of the men in the crowd when you're up there flaunting that "beautiful body" of yours....the one you claim to be keeping pure?

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.​

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
for the record, my position is as follows:

we bear responsibility for the consequences of our actions when we engage in those actions knowing that we are putting ourselves at significant risk of those consequences

i have to give God credit for putting that silly idea in my head:
Galatians 6:7-9King James Version (KJV)

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Is there a difference between consequences and deserved?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
the definition of "deserved" that i am using is "earned by one's actions"

analogous to reaping what you sow

if you sow perversion, expect to reap perversion

I ride horses and shoot balloons. Mixing guns and horses is dicey, some horses take to it, some don't. Right now, mine is struggling with it so every time I get on her with a gun I put myself at risk of getting thrown. Do I deserve o get thrown based on my actions of mounting a horse that spooks at load noises or is it just a possible consequence of my actions?

glorydaz

I didn't lie. When see a woman drinking and showing more skin than you think is appropriate you think she deserves to be raped. Do you deny that you believe that woman deserved to be raped under certain circumstances?

People deserve whatever they get for their bad behavior. That is a fact because it's a Godly principle of life. You deserve to break your neck if you jump off the roof of a building. You deserve to drown if you jump out of a boat in the middle of the ocean. You deserve to get shot if you pull a gun on a cop.

If a woman entices a man to want her sexually, she deserves to reap the rewards of that behavior. No one but God gets to decide whether that reward is rape or any other reward. When the reward is given out, we can see what it was, and agree she deserved it.

You guys act like we have decided she should to be raped. That's silly. We just recognize that rape can be a consequence of that behavior. You want us to pretend like it couldn't possible ever be the consequence of stripping, but we won't. No matter how much you want us to join the blind pc brigade. :)

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
People deserve whatever they get for their bad behavior. That is a fact because it's a Godly principle of life. You deserve to break your neck if you jump off the roof of a building. You deserve to drown if you jump out of a boat in the middle of the ocean. You deserve to get shot if you pull a gun on a cop.
I don't think that any of these are deserved. They may be reasonably foreseeable consequences of those acts, but that does not make them deserved

If a woman entices a man to want her sexually, she deserves to reap the rewards of that behavior. No one but God gets to decide whether that reward is rape or any other reward. When the reward is given out, we can see what it was, and agree she deserved it.
Why does the man bear no responsibility for failing to control his lust? Does a woman at the beach deserved to raped because she wore a bikini and a man couldn't stop staring at her?

You guys act like we have decided she should to be raped. That's silly. We just recognize that rape can be a consequence of that behavior. You want us to pretend like it couldn't possible ever be the consequence of stripping, but we won't. No matter how much you want us to join the blind pc brigade. :)

Deserved and consequence do not have the some meaning and have very different implications. You make it sound exactly like you have decided that she should be raped.

Enthusiast

Both are sinners. You're the one who tries to justify one of those sinners.

I shouldn't need to even tell you this. :nono:

1 Tim. 2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.​

Do I need to tell you that adultery is a matter of the mind, and not just the body?
Matt. 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.​

Do you have to be told what is lewd and impure behavior? Do you know we're told to abstain from all appearance of evil? Do you look at the faces of the men in the crowd when you're up there flaunting that "beautiful body" of yours....the one you claim to be keeping pure?

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.​
They will be held accountable. In this life or the next, glory.

glorydaz

I ride horses and shoot balloons. Mixing guns and horses is dicey, some horses take to it, some don't. Right now, mine is struggling with it so every time I get on her with a gun I put myself at risk of getting thrown. Do I deserve o get thrown based on my actions of mounting a horse that spooks at load noises or is it just a possible consequence of my actions?

If you get thrown you sure can't claim you didn't deserve it. If you wanna play ya gotta pay. :chuckle:

Yes, you deserve whatever you get. Your behavior isn't moral or immoral, but God's principle of reaping what we sow is true for all of life. You don't plant beans and get to expect turnips.

glorydaz

I have been to a few parties where there were women drunk and dressed in clothing designed to show off. Why is it when you see these women your first thoughts are of rape and my first thoughts are of how to get her home safely?

Because you live in LaLa Land and we're talking reality. You'd like to pretend that immoral behavior (unlike your feeble example above) has some very real and dire consequences in this life.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you get thrown you sure can't claim you didn't deserve it. If you wanna play ya gotta pay. :chuckle:

Yes, you deserve whatever you get. Your behavior isn't moral or immoral, but God's principle of reaping what we sow is true for all of life. You don't plant beans and get to expect turnips.

somebody said (was it you?):

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.