ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If anyone has to examine themselves, then it means they are not saved.

The saved live through Jesus, and that is done by obeying Jesus.

If you have to examine yourself to see something, then you were not living as you should and need to receive the Holy Spirit.
The saved life comes by the righteousness and obedience of one. (Romasn 5:18-19)
PS .... that one ain't you.

Romans 4:2 KJV
(2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
In my opinion, the point is that there was some assumption upthread (on someone's part) that salvation back then was the same as salvation is today under the dispensation of grace. It isn't.

Utterly agreed. The Belief was in who He was... (John 6:29; 63 ... but John 6:66). I fully agree because the dispensation of Paul and the Gospel of the cross was not available. If it was me... I am not ashamed to be addressed by you. You correct out of Love and no gain to yourself.

The Jews were still under the Law and the true atonement hadn't occurred yet.

In this point... this would remove Judas from being an example for this thread all together... would that be a fair assessment in your opinion?

I will add this... I was responding to an idea that someone had thrown out and I now point people reading this thread to your correction on the matter. You are biblically correct here. (On the Judas Topic)

God's Truth

Utterly agreed. The Belief was in who He was... (John 6:29; 63 ... but John 6:66). I fully agree because the dispensation of Paul and the Gospel of the cross was not available. If it was me... I am not ashamed to be addressed by you. You correct out of Love and no gain to yourself.

Moses brought the law. Jesus didn't.

Since John the baptizer the new gospel was preached.

musterion

Utterly agreed. The Belief was in who He was... (John 6:29; 63 ... but John 6:66). I fully agree because the dispensation of Paul and the Gospel of the cross was not available.

So when some people say Judas "was never saved" they're backfilling the definition of saved from under grace into the four gospels, which was still under Law.

Jerry Shugart

Right! Judas believed---but he lacked something, he did NOT OBEY!

If Judas believed then received the gift of eternal life (Jn.5:24) and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal shall not perish.

So I do not think that He believed with the following words of the Lord Jesus is view:

"The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born" (Mk.14:21).​

God's Truth

In my opinion, the point is that there was some assumption upthread (on someone's part) that salvation back then was the same as salvation is today under the dispensation of grace. It isn't.

It has always been, and will always be about believe and obeying God.

Judas might have went around pretending to be saved and from Jesus, but he was not, because he did not repent of his sins.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[/I]So when some people say Judas "was never saved" they're backfilling the definition of saved from under grace into the four gospels, which was still under Law.

Wise observation that I had totally missed. Thank you Musty... I will pray that lord Vader releases you from his choke hold... it is good to be with our Lord, God Jesus, but it profits us that you stay a little longer.

God's Truth

If Judas believed then received the gift of eternal life (Jn.5:24) and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal shall not perish.

So I do not think that He believed with the following words of the Lord Jesus is view:

"The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born" (Mk.14:21).​

Judas did not repent of his sins. He kept being a thief.

musterion

Further evidence, thank you Jerry.

God's Truth

EE, I see you giving thanks to those who go against obedience to Christ.

Do you really think that we should ignore the fact that we have to be saved by obeying God?

Judas went around casting out demons and healing people.

But what caused him to not be saved?

He did not obey and repent of his sins.