Against abortion and against person-hood?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I don't think he started with the assumption of unborn humans' right to life. He began with the assumption that humans do have a right to life, at some point of human development.

According to TH we may not arbitrarily assign the unborn a right-to-life therefore we must (by default) assign one at conception...though he doesn't support this beyond his defacto assertion. In fact, he cannot support his assertion for begging the very question.

glassjester

According to TH we may not arbitrarily assign the unborn a right-to-life therefore we must (by default) assign one at conception...though he doesn't support this beyond his defacto assertion. In fact, he cannot support his assertion for begging the very question.

Still, his premise was that at some point in development, human beings have a right to be alive.
Because we do not and cannot know the point at which this begins, TH argues (correct me if I'm wrong), the only ethical thing to do is to protect this right throughout the being's entire development.

I realize that you disagree with his conclusion, but it certainly isn't question-begging.

Do you disagree with his premise?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
(I'd say she's about 50% at fault for the pregnancy.)

Are you saying that she is a murderer?

Two people can murder one person.

You want to shed accountability of the woman, just like others who who want to put the responsibility for Jesus' crucifixion on the Romans.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So do you say she's a murderer, or not? Be straightforward.

No, I don't see abortion as 'murder'. People are stating it, and not only is it unsound, they apparently can't even place accountability correctly.

I'm just showing the aimless judgment and blame for what it is.

glassjester

Let me guess, this is where you use semantics to squeeze in the killing of a fetus 'murder'.
Actually, it's not a guess, that's exactly what you're doing.

It's all one intellectual sin after the next with you all.

I was asking how you define murder so I could better understand why you do not believe abortion fits that description.

I wasn't trying to trick anyone.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I was asking how you define murder so I could better understand why you do not believe abortion fits that description.

I wasn't trying to trick anyone.

In order for abortion to be murder, you have to consider destroying this as murder:

getty_rm_illustration_of_egg_implanting_in_uterus.jpg

^
Life at conception.

But you all don't think that far, after all :rolleyes:

glassjester

In order for abortion to be murder, you have to consider destroying this as murder:

getty_rm_illustration_of_egg_implanting_in_uterus.jpg

^
Life at conception.

But you all don't think that far, after all :rolleyes:

You can drop the condescending tone. It doesn't help much of anything.

How do you define murder?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let me guess, this is where you use semantics to squeeze in the killing of a fetus 'murder'.
Is this the part where you avoid answering her to preserve the appearance that you could if you really wanted to? :plain:

Just as the definition goes.

"The crime committed where a person of sound mind and discretion (that is, of sufficient age to form and execute a criminal design and not legally “insane”) kills any human creature in being (excluding quick but unborn children) and in the peace of the state or nation (including all persons except the military forces of the public enemy in time of war or battle) without any warrant,justification, or excuse in law. with malice aforethought, express or implied, that is, with a deliberate purpose or a design or determination distinctly formed in the mind before the commission of the act, provided that death results from the injury Inflicted within one year and a day after its infliction." Black's