Ad on Theology Online: "Save Roe." What does it mean?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ads are driven by your browser activity. When I see ads I see mostly medical, music and military subjects because that is what I research the most.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
roe v wade was the supreme court decision that allowed abortion

overturning roe v wade will make abortion illegal again

Unfortunately, no it won't.

Even if RvW were overturned, the thousands of laws that have been passed since then that regulate abortion would keep it legal.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ads are driven by your browser activity. When I see ads I see mostly medical, music and military subjects because that is what I research the most.

I certainly would want to save someone such that they are in the kingdom of God if possible, but I write against abortion not for it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Unfortunately, no it won't.

Even if RvW were overturned, the thousands of laws that have been passed since then that regulate abortion would keep it legal.

I don't think so.

Also, remember that a judge interprets the law he does not legislate from the bench. Legislators write new laws and judges enforce those laws in their judgment. So, whether state or federal or rather whether state or the United States there might be legislation against abortion that outlaws it, and a President can be involved in that or sign in some cases executive orders (I would want to research this before becoming President... know anything?).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is there a question about if Roe can be saved, born again, versus if the law will condemn her to death for killing her unborn child?

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere.

Let's be honest here: How many Presidents have their been against abortion? How many court justices have gone in and out of SCOTUS against it? How many times have pro-life advocates been in a majority or near majority in Congress?

And yet, while people talk this big game being pro-life it ends up just falling right into the depths of obscurity as soon as they are elected or another issue comes along.

People are going about it all wrong- lazily just trying to change the law and shoehorn some sort of enforcement when they ought to be focusing on other, more effective ways of dissuading women to want to abort in the first place. They all come to regret it at some point and it solves nothing, so it's not like there aren't other ways to reduce abortion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere.

Let's be honest here: How many Presidents have their been against abortion? How many court justices have gone in and out of SCOTUS against it? How many times have pro-life advocates been in a majority or near majority in Congress?

And yet, while people talk this big game being pro-life it ends up just falling right into the depths of obscurity as soon as they are elected or another issue comes along.

People are going about it all wrong- lazily just trying to change the law and shoehorn some sort of enforcement when they ought to be focusing on other, more effective ways of dissuading women to want to abort in the first place. They all come to regret it at some point and it solves nothing, so it's not like there aren't other ways to reduce abortion.

It is my belief that we have not done everything that we could do. What needs to be done and we should do it. The issue is making a commitment such as to run for President. Someone needs to do it. We have been close. As for pro-life it is good but what about the punishment when abortion occurs or when there is adultery, etc... the things that are violations of the law when a person also wants to get an abortion. Otherwise it is the abortion alone that is the crime.