Ad on Theology Online: "Save Roe." What does it mean?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does the "Save Roe." ad on Theology Online mean? I am against abortion. Is this a Planned Parenthood ad?

Kit the Coyote

What is it about? Where does it fall flat?

The ad is soliciting donations to support legal lobbying efforts to prevent the overturning of the Roe v Wade court decision either by legal action or legislative action. You are seeing it because you probably visit politically related websites so the advertising program is feeding you political ads.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
jacob, it's unique to the surfing activity on your computer - i haven't seen it and i suspect many here haven't either

my ad banner is full of trailer tire ads at the moment

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The ad is soliciting donations to support legal lobbying efforts to prevent the overturning of the Roe v Wade court decision either by legal action or legislative action. You are seeing it because you probably visit politically related websites so the advertising program is feeding you political ads.
Interesting. It is a public computer. I do visit Politics at Theology Online. I am not sure about that. Hey, overturning what?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
jacob, it's unique to your surfing activity - i haven't seen it and i suspect many here haven't either

my ad banner is full of trailer tire ads at the moment
Interesting. Well, thank you. It is a public computer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Interesting. It is a public computer. I do visit Politics at Theology Online. I am not sure about that. Hey, overturning what?

roe v wade was the supreme court decision that allowed abortion

overturning roe v wade will make abortion illegal again

Kit the Coyote

Roe v Wade was a Supreme Court decision that established a legal balance between a woman's right to make decisions about the health and welfare of own body and life, specifically in relation to seeking an abortion; the state's right to regulate the medical procedure of abortion; and the potential rights of an unborn child. There are several groups that seek to have the case overturned as it effectively prevents the state from implementing a ban on all abortions.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Roe v Wade was a Supreme Court decision that established a legal balance between a woman's right to make decisions about the health and welfare of own body and life, specifically in relation to seeking an abortion; the state's right to regulate the medical procedure of abortion; and the potential rights of an unborn child. There are several groups that seek to have the case overturned as it effectively prevents the state from implementing a ban on all abortions.
I believe that abortion is against the law. But appropriate legislation may make it so. Meaning, it is against God's Law. But courts do not determine law. They interpret it.

Kit the Coyote

I believe that abortion is against the law. But appropriate legislation may make it so. Meaning, it is against God's Law. But courts do not determine law. They interpret it.

Actually to my understanding, God's law is rather silent on the subject. I think the closest it comes to the subject is that up to a certain point causing a woman to miscarry was seen as a financial crime against the father to which the person responsible had to pay financial restitution. I think prior to the 'quickening' the law didn't even recognize the unborn child as a life.

The courts do settle conflicts between laws and rights when they arise.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Actually to my understanding, God's law is rather silent on the subject. I think the closest it comes to the subject is that up to a certain point causing a woman to miscarry was seen as a financial crime against the father to which the person responsible had to pay financial restitution. I think prior to the 'quickening' the law didn't even recognize the unborn child as a life.

The courts do settle conflicts between laws and rights when they arise.
I do not remember God's Law the way that you are telling it.

What are you saying?

Kit the Coyote

I do not remember God's Law the way that you are telling it.

What are you saying?

That there is no reference in the Old or New Testament and the greater Mosaic Law that directly addresses abortion. There is a passage in Numbers that might but it is questionable. Yet abortion did exist in biblical times, there were Assyrian laws on the subject.

Under Mosaic law, a child was not considered Human until it was halfway born and drew its first breath (the breath of life). From the quickening until birth, the unborn child is considered a potential life that if destroyed was seen as a financial loss to the father. A pregnant woman accused of a capital crime was executed along with the supposedly innocent child.

Here is a good reference site on the subject:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_bibl.htm

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That there is no reference in the Old or New Testament and the greater Mosaic Law that directly addresses abortion. There is a passage in Numbers that might but it is questionable. Yet abortion did exist in biblical times, there were Assyrian laws on the subject.

Under Mosaic law, a child was not considered Human until it was halfway born and drew its first breath (the breath of life). From the quickening until birth, the unborn child is considered a potential life that if destroyed was seen as a financial loss to the father. A pregnant woman accused of a capital crime was executed along with the supposedly innocent child.

Here is a good reference site on the subject:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_bibl.htm

The life of the unborn is protected according to the Law of Moses.