ECT Acts 13-Interplanner's Continuous Rebellion

Nang

TOL Subscriber
We should never take the word of one of her books OVER the Holy Bible...which she does.
This is the point I was ultimately making.

When you read a magazine or a newspaper in order to be informed, are you placing that exercise over the authority of the Bible?

Your accusation is unfounded and silly . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You've read that out of it's context.

They had believed He had been the One Prophesied to redeem Israel from their enemies one day, see also, Luke 1.

He shows them He is just That - their Prophesied Christ.

His point being that their timing is off.

First, His sufferings, then, His coming throne of His glory over that Nation, see Matthew 19 and 1 Peter 1.

What happened?

See Romans 11.

As both those two, and the Lord in His response to them proved in Luke 24, there is no point in believing the Scriptures absent of their right understanding via the whole of any matter.

Isaiah 8:20

Please read the Scripture references upon which I based my remarks. You will not find anything futuristic in them. Instead, you will find the Gospel message related totally to the person of Jesus Christ.

In fact, Christ's entire witness and purpose, is to give revelation of the Gospel of God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The 1st coming as the suffering servant is past.
The 2nd coming as the Lion of the tribe of Judah is future.

Two differents symbols to describe the Christ of God. The lamb who was slain, and the Lion who rules over all creation.

The Lamb sits at the right hand of God, resurrected to His throne, in full heavenly authority and glory at this present time. Giving His people access to the heavenlies through His intercession on their behalf.

He is both Lamb and Lion. There is no reason to make His reign future, for He is King of Kings NOW.

Danoh

Please read the Scripture references upon which I based my remarks. You will not find anything futuristic in them. Instead, you will find the Gospel message related totally to the person of Jesus Christ.

In fact, Christ's entire witness and purpose, is to give revelation of the Gospel of God.

Now's as good a time as any to clear up that you do not hold to Preterism, by the way.

Rom. 5:8

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It does, and then she backs off a little.
As if she were trying to make it as close to that as possible without outright saying it.

There are several prophesies that are still future.

There are several promises that are still future. Promises differ from prophecy. Promises are made by God and thus are Covenant sureties and eternal guarantees; not future temporal events witnessed to by the words of men.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nope, Acts 13 indicates a singular promise.
You advised me to read books to figure out why it's wrong.

God's new Covenant promises are all summed up in the singular Savior, Jesus Christ.

There is one God, one Saviour, one everlasting Covenant of Redemption, one Kingdom of God, and one Gospel message that is contained in the one Holy Scriptures.

With lots of biblical detail from a host of witnesses to the singular Truth of God provided in the O.T. and revealed in the N.T.

There is material available from Christian scholars that organize the doctrines and revelations of God that He provides to safely develop our weak minds to grow and think all this out with the mind of Christ.

I suggested a help to you to better handle the word of Truth, but you are stubborn and unwilling to be encouraged to learn, and I fear it is because you possess no love of Truth; nor do you hunger and thirst to grow in knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Your loss . . .

Interplanner

STP, you are not getting the point about Acts 13. There is no such promise. Find me an OT promise that says what the explanation says: that the resurrection would give israel its mission to the world of forgiveness.

I don't care if you go singular, or a collective singular or plural. Paul is saying that what ever is outstanding promised to Israel is now completed in the resurrection FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE GOSPEL'S MISSION.

Danoh

I have already posted that I am not a Preterist. I fully believe the promise of Hebrews 9:23-28.

Thing is, the conclusion by some that you are Preterist is ignorant - even within some forms of Preterism some hold with Dispensationalism that the Tribulation, Anti-Christ, etc., are yet future.

Reminds me of that fool, GM. The first time I defended something IP posted that I found valid, GM wondered if I was a Preterist.

Showing he did not know how to tell what from what, no matter how convinced he has remained otherwise.

It is just ignorant to so quickly label others.

It really is.

It shows such know little beyond their own narrow view of things.

This too is "a doctrinal issue" such repeatedly fail in.

Rom. 5:8

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Two differents symbols to describe the Christ of God. The lamb who was slain, and the Lion who rules over all creation.

The Lamb sits at the right hand of God, resurrected to His throne, in full heavenly authority and glory at this present time. Giving His people access to the heavenlies through His intercession on their behalf.

He is both Lamb and Lion. There is no reason to make His reign future, for He is King of Kings NOW.
His future reign upon the earthly throne His earthly father, David, ruled upon.
Heavenly throne and earthly throne are not the same throne.

Interplanner

His future reign upon the earthly throne His earthly father, David, ruled upon.
Heavenly throne and earthly throne are not the same throne.

It is not what Acts 2:30-31 plainly says. The resurrection was the enthronement. so does Eph 1:19+. D'ism is a total crock on this and needs to butt out. Especially on eph 1 because linked to it is the power of the resurrection in what we speak and teach. You screw it all up by distracting people to something in Judea etc. that is obstructing the power of the resurrection through the believer.