ECT Abraham before he believed

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If the children and descendants are called 'Hebrew', why wouldn't the father also be called that?

Why do you keep spending so much time about things that do not matter?
Abraham was not an Israelite. Was he Hebrew or Chaldean or both?

Does the fact that Abraham was a Hebrew speak to where he came from or who he was regardless of where he came from?

These are important questions, but perhaps inconsequential to what you believe.

God's Truth

Abraham was not an Israelite. Was he Hebrew or Chaldean or both?

Does the fact that Abraham was a Hebrew speak to where he came from or who he was regardless of where he came from?

These are important questions, but perhaps inconsequential to what you believe.

How do you ever get that Abraham was not an Israelite?

How do you ever get that it matters to those who are in Christ Jesus?

God's Truth

You are sinning by dabbing into endless genealogies.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.…

1 John 1:3 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are sinning by dabbing into endless genealogies.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.…

1 John 1:3 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
You are incorrect.

God's Truth

Israel is a people, a nation. There are twelve tribes. Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin. And Paul was a Hebrew.

Our nationality means nothing now.

Philippians 3:7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Our nationality means nothing now.

Philippians 3:7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
I am a citizen of the United States of America. As a Christian I cannot say my nationality means nothing.

But asking the question of what the word Hebrew means is certainly not a crime. Did you believe that Abraham was an Israelite but you now say nationality does not matter? Again, Abraham was not an Israelite.

God's Truth

I am a citizen of the United States of America. As a Christian I cannot say my nationality means nothing.

But asking the question of what the word Hebrew means is certainly not a crime. Did you believe that Abraham was an Israelite but you now say nationality does not matter? Again, Abraham was not an Israelite.

An Israelite is anyone who struggles with God and overcomes.

God fulfilled promises to Abraham because Abraham believed and obeyed everything that God said.

The promise is that the Savior would be blood related to Abraham.

The Savior has come and now only Jesus' blood matters, and not those only blood related to Abraham.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You say whatever comes comes next into your mind.

There is no wisdom in that method.
My communication with you does not lack wisdom. But you say it does. I am not using a method to communicate with you either. There is nothing hidden, but you denied the truth (or wanted to know why I said what I did). In any case, you have accused me of talking about genealogies so that you can justify refusing to listen.

What genealogy do you believe I have talked about, out of curiosity?

Further, even if I did talk about genealogies there would be no sin in it. The Bible speaks of genealogies. There is a warning, but I don't think it is foolhardy to say that Abraham was not descended from Israel, but Israel from Abraham. That just helps so that we know that the word Hebrew does not mean Israelite.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
An Israelite is anyone who struggles with God and overcomes.

God fulfilled promises to Abraham because Abraham believed and obeyed everything that God said.

The promise is that the Savior would be blood related to Abraham.

The Savior has come and now only Jesus' blood matters, and not those only blood related to Abraham.
Salvation is for all, but it began with Israel. The early church was entirely Jewish.

God's Truth

My communication with you does not lack wisdom. But you say it does. I am not using a method to communicate with you either. There is nothing hidden, but you denied the truth (or wanted to know why I said what I did). In any case, you have accused me of talking about genealogies so that you can justify refusing to listen.

What genealogy do you believe I have talked about, out of curiosity?

Further, even if I did talk about genealogies there would be no sin in it. The Bible speaks of genealogies. There is a warning, but I don't think it is foolhardy to say that Abraham was not descended from Israel, but Israel from Abraham. That just helps so that we know that the word Hebrew does not mean Israelite.

Hebrew is from a location and also from a blood relation to Abraham.

It does not matter anymore.

God's Truth

Salvation is for all, but it began with Israel. The early church was entirely Jewish.

So what?

All have been bound together in the same place, and that is to disobedience.

All are condemned without Jesus.

All must come to God the same way, and that is through Jesus.