Abortionist Tiller's Murder in Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Perhaps I misunderstood but I believe you were saying you had a hard time understanding why it was okay to oppose someone (the abortionist) but not kill him. Yet those are the exact same beliefs that MLK believed in.

If that's what you are saying then it was neither a non-sequitar nor inaccurate. If not ... please explain what you meant.

That's not what I said at all. I have no idea where you got that.

Yes, King absolutely didn't believe in violence. More folks these days should remember that and follow his example.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
BS
Tiller killed 60,000 people and he was going to work on Monday.
Now his shop is closed.
Roeder is a hero that sacraficed his freedom so that others might live.
The only reason the rest of us don't do what he did is because we're not willing to make the same sacrafice.
Look up "imminent" in a dictionary, fool.

Let's see, Johnny is a Doctor and you are a what again?
See above.

fool

Hall of Fame
So had the act been performed it as Tiller was walking into his abortion clinic, would it then be condonable?

Assuming the clinic had normal hours, and patients had appointments, Tiller would have been scheduled to murder in less than 24-hours. Does that not qualify as imminent threat of death to the fetuses?

Imagine a hostage situation: "This person will die in 24 hours unless X demands are met" -- is lethal force not condonable in this case because the implementation of the lethal plan isn't in progress yet?

I'm just asking.

Actually Tiller's MO was to bring in the new group on Monday and stab the babies in the heart with a needle or inject saline into the placenta to start burning the baby, then over the next couple of days he would insert sticks of seaweed into the cervix to dialate it and then around thursday or friday he would deliver the dead baby or if it wasen't dead he'd suck it's brain out with a vacum before the head left the vagina.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No.

I was pointing out that he had no idea what "imminent" meant. Apparently he was not alone.

You guys are rich. Barely a single original thought, comment, or remark out of any of you. And you always fall back on this quaint, charming little "Look in the dictionary" argument. As if morality, common sense, and proper spelling all came out of the same book.

This is officially off in la-la land. Good night, sleep tight.

ApologeticJedi

No, I'm not. You completely misunderstood me and don't seem to be capable of figuring out something real straighforward. Not my problem.

Yeah ... it's everyone else's problem you weren't clear. I noticed you didn't try to explain. Like I said ... now you want to back-track. You probably realize how stupid you sounded.

Johnny

Apparently you don't know what imminent means, either.

Was Tiller in the process of performing an abortion, or was he prepping for one, etc. at the moment Roeder shot him?

The answer is, "No." Therefore was no imminent harm to an unborn child at the moment Roeder killed Tiller.
I'm well aware of what imminent means. The legal definition of imminent is context dependent but mostly relies on "reasonable expectation of harm". The common definition of "imminent" includes, "about to occur: about to happen, or threatening to happen".

Apparently you don't know what imminent means.

ApologeticJedi said:
I was pointing out that he had no idea what "imminent" meant.
Oh shut up. See above.

So had the act been performed it as Tiller was walking into his abortion clinic, would it then be condonable?

Assuming the clinic had normal hours, and patients had appointments, Tiller would have been scheduled to murder in less than 24-hours. Does that not qualify as imminent threat of death to the fetuses?

Imagine a hostage situation: "This person will die in 24 hours unless X demands are met" -- is lethal force not condonable in this case because the implementation of the lethal plan isn't in progress yet? Is that an imminent threat?

ApologeticJedi

You guys are rich. Barely a single original thought, comment, or remark out of any of you. And you always fall back on this quaint, charming little "Look in the dictionary" argument. As if morality, common sense, and proper spelling all came out of the same book.

:rotfl:
I take it you get that a lot? Are you saying this is not the first time you've used a word and been obtuse to its meaning?

And now it's everyone else's fault that you didn't know what the word you were using meant?

But the meaning, in this case, is key to the legal definition of self-defense. You can't kill someone today who may try to kill you or someone else in two weeks.

Johnny

But the meaning, in this case, is key to the legal definition of self-defense. You can't kill someone today who may try to kill you or someone else in two weeks.
What about in a hostage situation with imminent threat of death tomorrow?

Once again, legally, imminent is context dependent. Would you say that an abortion scheduled to happen Monday was impending on Sunday?

If someone told you today that they would kill you tomorrow, and they had a history of carrying out this threat on thousands of other people, do you think it would be reasonable in this situation to act first in your own self-defense?

fool

Hall of Fame
:rotfl:
I take it you get that a lot? Are you saying this is not the first time you've used a word and been obtuse to its meaning?

And now it's everyone else's fault that you didn't know what the word you were using meant?

So you're on Tiller's side huh?
How's the smell over there?

ApologeticJedi

That would not be imminent either.

No. That would not be imminent either. You can't shoot someone in the mall and claim that they were going to kill you later that day. That would not be sufficient as "self-defense" in any court.

Imagine a hostage situation: "This person will die in 24 hours unless X demands are met" -- is lethal force not condonable in this case because the implementation of the lethal plan isn't in progress yet? Is that an imminent threat?

If they are already a hostage, then the threat is imminent whether they were threatened to be killed in 24 hours or not.

The entire known world seems to know the definition, save you and few others that seem to have found their way here? I don't believe your feint at ignorance.

ApologeticJedi

So you're on Tiller's side huh?
How's the smell over there?

Tiller is in a casket, so I would guess the smell would be bad on his side.

But I think you've hit upon a non-sequiter. I am not in favor of abortion just because I do not think you should murder people who are.

Do you think you should be able to murder me because we disagree?

Johnny

Johnny said:
ApologeticJedi said:
That would not be imminent either.
So if a someone is entering into my house, I'm not in imminent danger? I'm only in imminent danger when he cocks his gun? The court system would disagree, as would most reasonable people.

What do you suppose Tiller's intent was as he walked into his abortion clinic with scheduled abortions?

Do you think there was threat of harm to the fetuses in the waiting room?

ApologeticJedi said:
The entire known world seems to know the definition, save you and few others that seem to have found their way here? I don't believe your feint at ignorance.
Really? Why don't you cite a legal definition for me. Or even, cite a few dictionaries. You're not going to get very far with this line of argument, because I'm just as capable as you are at opening a dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.