a whore for the republican party

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
the party has many ways to force a member of congress to vote a certain way even when it does not agree with their position

Arlen Specter

was a good example of this

he was pro choice
but
always voted with the republicans when his vote was needed

this is why you vote party

Yea, that old Arlen was a great republican...oh, I mean democrat...oh, I mean big government liberal. :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
it was a republican controlled congress that passed it
it was a republican president who signed it
it was republican judges who allowed it
Nice dodge. And more than a few Democrats supported it. In fact, without Democratic help it wouldn't have happened.

Let me underscore that: without the help of Democrats, who you uniformly label baby killers, that bill would never have happened.

Which underscores the point you'll never address while you run to hide behind this sort of thing. I'll go get it in a minute and put it after this: most people aren't Democrats because of an issue, but because of a range of issues. Trying to destroy a party that represents, philosophically, nearly half the electorate is a fool's errand, while moving the issue is anything but.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nice dodge. And more than a few Democrats supported it. In fact, without Democratic help it wouldn't have happened.

Let me underscore that: without the help of Democrats, who you uniformly label baby killers, that bill would never have happened.

you think I should vote for democrats
so
they will help republicans restrict abortion?

how do I make sure they don't get control of congress?
how do I make sure I get judges that will not overrule it?
how do I get a president who won't veto it?
how do I get a senate that won't block it?

yeah right

thanks for playing stupid

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
how do I make sure they don't get control of congress?
how do I make sure I get judges that will not overrule it?
how do I get a president who won't veto it?
how do I get a senate that won't block it?

Given that our last Republican gave us liberal judges which legislate liberal programs from the bench, it seems like a push here. Both parties are reading from the same sheet of music after all.

Go Jeb!....Not!

Are you just playing stupid while supporting the RINO folks who say they have intentions of stopping abortion and don't, than those who tell you to your face they won't? What is the difference unless you just like being lied to...

Tell Me Lies...Tell Me Sweet Little Lies...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Given that our last Republican gave us liberal judges which legislate liberal programs from the bench, it seems like a push here. Both parties are reading from the same sheet of music after all.

Go Jeb!....Not!

Are you just playing stupid while supporting the RINO folks who say they have intentions of stopping abortion and don't, than those who tell you to your face they won't? What is the difference unless you just like being lied to...

aren't you mad?

I thought you guys don't vote

republicanchick

the party has many ways to force a member of congress to vote a certain way even when it does not agree with their position

Arlen Specter

was a good example of this

he was pro choice
but
always voted with the republicans when his vote was needed

this is why you vote party
why is there so much goofyness in Congress?

everyone in the US should read Tom Coburn's book about the shenanigans that go on in Congress.. (A Breach of Trust)

people selling votes for pork...

despicable. Some law should be made to put a stop to it

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you think I should vote for democrats
so
they will help republicans restrict abortion?
Any more straw in that pile of yours? Rather, I offer it in continuing rebuttal of your peculiar, wasteful and doomed notion of attempting to destroy a party instead of convincing on an issue. Given we can find Republicans who voted against the restriction and Democracts who voted for it that would seem the more reasonable course.

No problem LH.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any more straw in that pile of yours? Rather, I offer it in continuing rebuttal of your peculiar, wasteful and doomed notion of attempting to destroy a party instead of convincing on an issue. Given we can find Republicans who voted against the restriction and Democracts who voted for it that would seem the more reasonable course.

You are aware that the Democratic Party (the same one that you voted for in 2008 which gave the US the most pro abortion President ever) has had a pro abortion platform since Roe v Wade was enacted and that pro abortion part of their platform has been unapologetic and a stalwart of the Democratic Party?

1976 (Carter v. Ford)
We fully recognize the religious and ethical nature of the concerns which many Americans have on the subject of abortion. We feel, however, that it is undesirable to attempt to amend the U.S. Constitution to overturn the Supreme Court decision in this area.

1980 (Carter v. Reagan)
Reproductive Rights—We fully recognize the religious and ethical concerns which many Americans have about abortion. We also recognize the belief of many Americans that a woman has a right to choose whether and when to have a child.

The Democratic Party supports the 1973 Supreme Court decision on abortion rights as the law of the land and opposes any constitutional amendment to restrict or overturn that decision.

1988 (Dukakis v. Bush)
…that the fundamental right of reproductive choice should be guaranteed regardless of ability to pay…

1992 (Clinton v. Bush)
Democrats stand behind the right of every woman to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, regardless of ability to pay, and support a national law to protect that right.

It is a fundamental constitutional liberty that individual Americans—not government—can best take responsibility for making the most difficult and intensely personal decisions regarding reproduction...

1996 (Clinton v. Dole)
The Democratic Party stands behind the right of every woman to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of ability to pay. President Clinton took executive action to make sure that the right to make such decisions is protected for all Americans...

2000 (Gore v. Bush)
The Democratic Party stands behind the right of every woman to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of ability to pay. We believe it is a fundamental constitutional liberty that individual Americans – not government – can best take responsibility for making the most difficult and intensely personal decisions regarding reproduction. This year’s Supreme Court rulings show to us all that eliminating a woman’s right to choose is only one justice away. That’s why the stakes in this election are as high as ever...

2004 (Kerry v. Bush)
We will defend the dignity of all Americans against those who would undermine it. Because we believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman’s right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

2008 (Obama v. McCain)
The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to choose a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay, and we oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right.

The Democratic Party also strongly supports access to comprehensive affordable family planning services and age-appropriate sex education which empower people to make informed choices and live healthy lives...

2012 (Obama v. Romney)
The President and the Democratic Party believe that women have a right to control their reproductive choices. Democrats support access to affordable family planning services, and President Obama and Democrats will continue to stand up to Republican efforts to de-fund Planned Parenthood health centers. The Affordable Care Act ensures that women have access to contraception in their health insurance plans, and the President has respected the principle of religious liberty. Democrats support evidence-based and age-appropriate sex education...

http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/b...09/05/democratic-party-platforms-on-abortion/

Lie all that you want Town Heretic and continue to try and make people believe that there is no big difference between the two major parties or it's candidates, but we both know differently.

obama-God-bless-planned-parenthood.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are aware that the Democratic Party (the same one that you voted for in 2008
Actually I only voted for the one candidate. Most of my votes in most elections cycles have gone to the opposition.

which gave the US the most pro abortion President ever)
Like saying a man is more murdery or less murdery. Either you believe in abortion or you don't. Everyone on either party's ballot were on the yes side...of course, the conservative, republican dominated Roe Court gave us legal abortion to begin with, but I don't blame everyone in the party for it any more than I blame every democrat for a plank.

1976 (Carter v. Ford)
We fully recognize the religious and ethical nature of the concerns which many Americans have on the subject of abortion. We feel, however, that it is undesirable to attempt to amend the U.S. Constitution to overturn the Supreme Court decision in this area.
Yep. Wrong headed. But you know what? There's a pro life wing in the Democratic party and, more importantly, a lot of people who vote and voted on either side of the aisle have been changing their minds on the issue in more active favor of the unborn, which is a very good thing.

Now we can encourage and work on that or we can take chrys' notion and attempt to destroy a party whose members, nearly half the electorate, are there for a large number of issues.

Which do you think makes more sense?

Lie all that you want Town Heretic
I haven't told a single lie and, like republican chick, you won't post one that can be attributed to me.

continue to try and make people believe that there is no big difference between the two major parties or it's candidates, but we both know differently.
I think there are any number of differences. Some, to my mind, favor the democrats and some the republicans. On abortion the party plank has been and remains wrong for the democrats. It and the minds of the party rank and file need to continue to be changed. And the data tells us that's possible, that it's been happening.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
You are aware that the Democratic Party (the same one that you voted for in 2008

Actually I only voted for the one candidate. Most of my votes in most elections cycles have gone to the opposition.

That one candidate being Barack Hussein Obama, someone who throughout his political career has been adamantly and unapologetically pro abortion. Surely you knew that when you cast your ballot?

10968250_10205783165640405_1616142822_n.jpg

Quote:
which gave the US the most pro abortion President ever)

Like saying a man is more murdery or less murdery. Either you believe in abortion or you don't. Everyone on either party's ballot were on the yes side...of course, the conservative, republican dominated Roe Court gave us legal abortion to begin with, but I don't blame everyone in the party for it any more than I blame every democrat for a plank.

"More murdery or less murdery"? (You have to hand it to Town Heretic, he does some up with some good ones). Are you aware that Adolf Hitler and his SS thugs were"less murdery" than the pro abortion Democratic Party? (20 million vs 58 million).

That being said: Murder is not a conservative value, so the SCOTUS ruling didn't come from conservative republicans.

Quote:
1976 (Carter v. Ford)

Yep. Wrong headed. But you know what? There's a pro life wing in the Democratic party and, more importantly, a lot of people who vote and voted on either side of the aisle have been changing their minds on the issue in more active favor of the unborn, which is a very good thing.

http://democratsforlife.org/

How often do the six of you get together?

Now we can encourage and work on that or we can take chrys' notion and attempt to destroy a party whose members, nearly half the electorate, are there for a large number of issues.

Which do you think makes more sense?

We are talking about the same political party that booed God at their last political convention aren't we?

But since "most of your votes have gone to the opposition", we really shouldn't even be arguing about the "Party of death" should we TH?

Quote:
Lie all that you want Town Heretic

I haven't told a single lie and, like republican chick, you won't post one that can be attributed to me.

Lying to yourself is the worst lie of all.

Quote:
continue to try and make people believe that there is no big difference between the two major parties or it's candidates, but we both know differently.

I think there are any number of differences. Some, to my mind, favor the democrats and some the republicans. On abortion the party plank has been and remains wrong for the democrats. It and the minds of the party rank and file need to continue to be changed. And the data tells us that's possible, that it's been happening.

Refer to my last comment.

Last edited:

Daniel1611

There are pro life democrats like Bob Casey, a senator from my state. And the last two democrats in the house from my district, jack murtha and mark critz.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are pro life democrats like Bob Casey, a senator from my state. And the last two democrats in the house from my district, jack murtha and mark critz.

A person can't be pro life and belong to a political party that promotes death. While some democrats say that they're anti abortion, they still promote legislation that destroys the family, which is the nucleus of society.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
he says that just to get a positive rep from me

Because life is all about who gets the most positive reps on an internet website.

Look at all of the policies that the demoncrats have promoted that destroy the family.

Endless government welfare programs that keep generation after generation on the public dole (hence voting democrat election after elction). Handing out birth control without parental consent, etc. etc. etc.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because life is all about who gets the most positive reps on an internet website.

Look at all of the policies that the demoncrats have promoted that destroy the family.

Endless government welfare programs that keep generation after generation on the public dole (hence voting democrat election after elction). Handing out birth control without parental consent, etc. etc. etc.

the democrats do want to replace the family with a village
today is mother's day
how do we keep the mother and baby together?
with a father
for the stupid you must supply the answer to every question