a whore for the republican party

shagster01

Building codes? All kinds of businesses are shut down because of building code violations. That hardly means that we're becoming a pro life culture once again.

I thought you were all for those building codes because they save people from dying. You said that before.

Isn't saving people from dying a pro-life stance?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Quote:
Reagan put on his best Hollywood act and said that he was sorry for numerous things that he did while he was Governor of California, (abortion, no fault divorce legislation) but never did anything legislative wise during his political career to show that he was.

u don't seem to know how our system of government works

the governor does not legislate. the legislature does that...

And what does the Governor do after the State Legislators put a bill on his desk? (He or she either approves of it by signing said legislation or vetoes it).

Reagan couldn't have changed the laws if he wanted to and I know he wanted to...

It must be painful for you to have the facts presented in front of you. Did you also know that Reagan signed into law legislation that allowed married couples to divorce in a whim? (it is called "no fault divorce" and is responsible for millions and millions of broken homes).

Did you know that Reagan also was behind helping defeat Proposition 6 in CA (The Briggs Initiative), something that would have kept sexual deviants from teaching in schools?

Once he learned more about abortion he was VERY against it.

Reagan had to "learn" that abortion kills an unborn baby?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Building codes? All kinds of businesses are shut down because of building code violations. That hardly means that we're becoming a pro life culture once again.

I thought you were all for those building codes because they save people from dying. You said that before.

Isn't saving people from dying a pro-life stance?

And when Klanned Parenthood and NARAL move to another building that has approved building codes, how is that benefiting the pro life movement?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Did you bother to read the article that you posted chrys?

no

I just put it out there
so
you can whine about it

While righteous laws are very important, you have to do more than that to change the hearts and minds of people (cultural mores's must change as well, and right now we're along way away from being a pro life/pro decency society).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only reason to do that is because a person thinks it is more important to vote for the name of the party than to care how far off the party's policies are from their promises.

Well said, but keep this in mind:

The political party's platform is their "promise" to the people who vote for that party and it's candidates. If those politicians don't keep their promise and the people who voted them in allow them to slide without any retributions, whose fault is that?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

The political party's platform is their "promise" to the people who vote for that party and it's candidates. If those politicians don't keep their promise and the people who voted them in allow them to slide without any retributions, whose fault is that?

your fault
if
you don't vote tea party in the primaries

genuineoriginal

Some people are saying it is the Democrat party's fault that the Republican party is not keeping their promises.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
all of a sudden they have no answers

OR ... they know you will pretend to not understand the answers they have already supplied. Why should anyone keep supplying you with answers that you pretend were never given?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So now you have company. :)

... town and rusha who claim the republicans didn't fix the abortion problem when they had the chance
would you like a link?
The link wasn't to a single quote from me, by the way. :plain:

3rd you need a filibuster proof senate

this is where it started
a democratic controlled senate blocked the nomination
Robert Bork Supreme Court nomination
it was about abortion
Right on him being blocked but wrong on it being about one issue. And that's one guy out of how many nominees? Should I link to the thread where I spelled out how your complaint about Justices isn't supported by history?

later they tried to stop another nomination
Clarence Thomas Supreme Court nomination
it was about abortion
It was about a few things, but the last time I looked he was still wearing the robes, so it's a hollow attempt to inflate a fairly singular complaint.

And on the Partial Abortion Ban legislation. It was supported by 63 Democrats in the House and 17 Democratic Senators in 2003. And it's worth noting that a smattering of Republicans voted against it in both the House and Senate.

Beyond that and the thing you never really take on, most people aren't Democrats because of an issue, but because of a range of issues. Trying to destroy a party that represents, philosophically, nearly half the electorate is a fool's errand, while moving the issue is anything but.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Again: If the Republican Party's Platform is pro life and pro traditonal family values (marriage, etc.) and nominates candidates that espouse those values, they'll get the vote of most social conservatives like me who will expect them to fight for those values.

If they don't, then they are "republicrats".

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You keep asking that as if it will somehow make the failures of the Republican party look as if they actually tried to do something.

what you need to know about what you need

1st you need control of the supreme court
2nd you need a republican president
3rd you need a filibuster proof senate
4th you need a republican congress
5th you need republican governors
6th you need a republican controlled legislature

we already have the last three
but
they are the easiest to get

in separate posts
I will explain why each of the six requirements are important