ECT A Question For the Preterists

Interplanner

You're damned right I'm not a preterist: I speak of what is true IN CHRIST. I'm an IN-CHRIST-IAN if you need such stupid things as labels.

Interplanner

The longer you mock a leader like Holford, the more ridiculous everything you say becomes. It's like mocking Luther on justification or Schaff on church history or Os Guinness on contemporary culture. Go ahead.

SaulToPaul 2

The longer you mock a leader like Holford, the more ridiculous everything you say becomes. It's like mocking Luther on justification or Schaff on church history or Os Guinness on contemporary culture. Go ahead.

:chuckle:

He's just a man with ideas, some right and some wrong, just like anyone else. He did not write scripture.
And, it is not mockery to assume that the man enjoyed the funny papers, Lamont.

Interplanner

So when Christ says the city is to be decimated in that generation and gives bloody detail, it is 'just some ideas.' You're worse than I thought.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would be with Holford against Paine, who unleashed a very awful period in France and started most of what we now know as liberal theology. But you're too busy with cartoons.

SaulToPaul 2

So when Christ says the city is to be decimated in that generation and gives bloody detail, it is 'just some ideas.' You're worse than I thought.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would be with Holford against Paine, who unleashed a very awful period in France and started most of what we now know as liberal theology. But you're too busy with cartoons.

Holford's writing was infallible?
Is it on par with scripture?

Interplanner

Holford's writing was infallible?
Is it on par with scripture?

no, but if you are facing Paine who wanted to decimate belief in 'Scripture' you would absolute use Holford's research at that time. It stopped Paine from being published in England for several decades. Actually, the destructive elites never tried that approach again--that Christ was a mythical figure; instead they attacked Genesis.

You are making a very simple historical connection out to be unintelligible. Christ spoke of the destruction of that city in that generation because of Dan 9. You think he was out in the tulies and think it is about things X000 years in his future. What is your problem? Why wouldn't Christ warn of such a thing, explain such a total decimation ahead of time, especially when it was due to Israel's failure to take up the mission of the apostles, which they were destined to in those passages of Isaiah we looked at yesterday?

Your addiction to 2P2P is inexplicable.

SaulToPaul 2

no, but if you are facing Paine who wanted to decimate belief in 'Scripture' you would absolute use Holford's research at that time. It stopped Paine from being published in England for several decades. Actually, the destructive elites never tried that approach again--that Christ was a mythical figure; instead they attacked Genesis.

You are making a very simple historical connection out to be unintelligible. Christ spoke of the destruction of that city in that generation because of Dan 9. You think he was out in the tulies and think it is about things X000 years in his future. What is your problem? Why wouldn't Christ warn of such a thing, explain such a total decimation ahead of time, especially when it was due to Israel's failure to take up the mission of the apostles, which they were destined to in those passages of Isaiah we looked at yesterday?

Your addiction to 2P2P is inexplicable.

I have no idea what you just said, Lamont.

Interplanner

Christ was predicting the destruction of Jerusalem about 40 years in advance, and you have disconnected that and made it unintelligible. That's the folly of 2P2P.

SaulToPaul 2

Christ was predicting the destruction of Jerusalem about 40 years in advance, and you have disconnected that and made it unintelligible. That's the folly of 2P2P.

It was prophesied, as was the scattering of Israel, and the regathering of Israel.
It all will happen, despite what your dusty books say.

Interplanner

You got half of it. There is no regathering of the ethne Israel in the NT. It is nowhere in the ordinary language passages on the 2nd coming: Rom 2, 8, 11, I Cor 15, 2 Tim 2, Acts 17, 2 Pet 3 (the most complete NT statement), Heb 9.

Would you please forget the future for a second and deal with your idiocy about the past. "I have no idea what you are saying" just turned into a complete agreement on that. What kind of joker are you? That was 2 minutes ago.

SaulToPaul 2

You got half of it. There is no regathering of the ethne Israel in the NT. It is nowhere in the ordinary language passages on the 2nd coming: Rom 2, 8, 11, I Cor 15, 2 Tim 2, Acts 17, 2 Pet 3 (the most complete NT statement), Heb 9.

Would you please forget the future for a second and deal with your idiocy about the past. "I have no idea what you are saying" just turned into a complete agreement on that. What kind of joker are you? That was 2 minutes ago.

:chuckle:

Poor IP.
Become a Bible believer, not a rationlizer, and revisionist.