ECT A D'ist explains "A Bigger Mistake than the rejection of Christ"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can sympathize with Calvinists because they don't have the ability to "Rightly Divide" the Holy, inspired Word of the Living God, "The Bible." They ONLY have the ability to think highly of themselves and look down on the rest. I admire that about them. I really do. Like "Ali" they're the GREATEST! Dispensationalists only have the ability to "Rightly Divide" the word and understand it as God gives them the wisdom and understanding of what they're reading/studying.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dispensationalism allows us to see how God had two different messages being preached during that time in history. Today, we only have one Gospel and that is, "The Grace Gospel." Paul received that Gospel from the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ." Both Jew and Gentle alike are under that Gospel today. We're are living in what Paul called, "The Dispensation of Grace."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One example of an apparent contradiction can be found in James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Whereas, Paul states in Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

James is saying, you must have faith plus works. Paul is saying, faith alone is sufficient. That would look like a contradiction between the two if it wasn't for the fact that James was speaking to the "scattered tribes of the House of Israel" and Paul was speaking to the "Gentile believers." Two different messages.

1) The Kingdom Message to the House of Israel
2) The Grace Message to the Gentiles.

As you can see, that clears up any perceived contradiction.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
One example of an apparent contradiction can be found in James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Whereas, Paul states in Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

James is saying, you must have faith plus works. Paul is saying, faith alone is sufficient. That would look like a contradiction between the two if it wasn't for the fact that James was speaking to the "scattered tribes of the House of Israel" and Paul was speaking to the "Gentile believers." Two different messages.

1) The Kingdom Message to the House of Israel
2) The Grace Message to the Gentiles.

As you can see, that clears up any perceived contradiction.

Wait for it.

DAN P

For those new to the D'ism problem (I should say cult, but more on that later), perhaps a good way to introduce the problem is this story from the past year.

When I debate D'ism, I focus on 2P2P because that is an actual driving mechanism in this theological abberation, and because people will always find or take exceptions to a 'name.' (Preterism is even less accurate than D'ism right now, in my view). 2P2P is the doctrine that God has two programs and peoples going in the Bible. They never merge or overlap, they are dealt with alternately, back-and-forth, there are two realms, faiths, ways of salvation, etc.

Over the past year, then, I was not surprised to hear this: that they were saying that people who did not think there was any dealings with Israel coming up were making a bigger mistake than the rejection of Christ when he first came! If I did not attach Ps 83 or Ezek 38-9 to the daily middle-east geo-political news feed, I was going to 'miss the boat' the way the Pharisees did in the 1st century.

All this because of the belief that two programs are running distinct from each other.

It is sufficient for me to say that the problem with this view is that the NT says that the sacrifice of Christ is such an enormous event that angels wish they could peer into it but somehow can't. I see nothing supplant the Gospel event in the NT. In heaven, in the Rev, we do not see the mighty multitudes singing 'Worthy is the Lamb who defeated Israel's enemies and has set up a theocratic kingdom on earth!'

Hi and I have YET to see any COVENANT or PENTCOSTAL prove that God is yet dealing with Israel , so give me a verse , if you can ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and I have YET to see any COVENANT or PENTCOSTAL prove that God is yet dealing with Israel , so give me a verse , if you can ??

dan p

I think your question came out backward, missing a negative? I don't think the God of the Gospel of Gal 3 is doing anything with modern Israel. I hope it does well, because the area needs constitutional governments not shari'a law governments.

Danoh

I think your question came out backward, missing a negative? I don't think the God of the Gospel of Gal 3 is doing anything with modern Israel. I hope it does well, because the area needs constitutional governments not shari'a law governments.

Bonehead, what you have just posted IS also a MAD assertion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If we all ignore people who love to insult, we could continue having the good discussions we've had while they were gone.

My opinion about you is, You're not well versed enough to add that much to any discussion. I find you rather boring. No offense intended. One either has it or one does not. You just ended up on the short end of the stick.

Interplanner

My opinion about you is, You're not well versed enough to add that much to any discussion. I find you rather boring. No offense intended. One either has it or one does not. You just ended up on the short end of the stick.

To me boring is people, supposedly in a theology discussion, who talk about the persona of another (in print, too). Because they have no research to discuss. I'm referring to yourself of course. For months now.