you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

If a person says they cannot say they are saved, then they are not saved.

Why is Meshak so upset with me for saying that?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GT likes the old system of having to be re-saved each time you sin.
You have to clean yourself up again before GOD will accept you back and re-save you.
When you sin again, repeat.
Sin.
Repeat.
Sin.
Repeat.

Just like in the law.
They had to keep repeating a sacrifice over and over again to cover any sins done in between the sacrifices.
The debt was never fully paid, and everyone had to keep on making payments year after year after year.

Which is exactly what the ONE TIME sacrifice of Christ is contrary to.
Ya'll make a mockery of Christ's one time sacrifice on the cross (paid in full), and instead would rather stay under the law and keep repeating the process (sin, pay again, sin, pay again, .....) over and over and over again.

You wanna keep on trying to making payments for the debt, go right ahead and try.
My debt was paid in full over 2000 years ago by the one and only that could possibly pay it in full - our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Ya'll just keep relying on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That one still ain't you.

God's Truth

You have to clean yourself up again before GOD will accept you back and re-save you.
Sin.
Repeat.
Sin.
Repeat.

Just like in the law.
They had to keep repeating a sacrifice over and over again to cover any sins done in between the sacrifices.
The debt was never fully paid, and everyone had to keep on making payments year after year after year.

Ya'll make a mockery of Christ's one time sacrifice on the cross (paid in full), and instead would rather stay under the law and keep repeating the process (sin, pay again, sin, pay again, .....) over and over and over again.

You wanna keep on trying to making payments for the debt, go right ahead and try.
My debt was paid in full over 2000 years ago by the one and only that could possibly pay it in full - our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

No, you are wrong.

God's Truth

Sin.
Repeat.
Sin.
Repeat.

Just like in the law.

Jesus cleans me just by my repenting.

I live to please him.

I train myself to obey and work it out.

If I do something wrong I talk to Jesus about it and tell him how sorry I am.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If a person says they cannot say they are saved, then they are not saved.

Why is Meshak so upset with me for saying that?

You repeat the same lame excuse over and over.

that still cannot change the fact that you usurp Jesus' authority.

Your self assurance faith is meaningless and worthless.

nikolai_42

So you just skip or dismiss those verses we provided?

Your verse does not say you have self assurance of salvation.

What is the nature of the hope you are talking about? You quoted this verse :

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
John 20:31

And then you said that Jesus' followers have the hope of salvation - meaning you cannot be sure of your salvation. That is your definition of hope ("I hope I make it"). Am I right? There's not a lot to go on in that post since you didn't say much else, but that's what I read in your post - that hope of salvation is something that is not certain, not solid. I did not dismiss the verse you quoted at all. But I will point out that you used it in a way it wasn't intended to be used. John wrote that to show what the purpose of his writing was. The verse before, he says this :

And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
John 20:30

So the context of that verse is not the uncertainty of salvation or even really the nature of the hope - but telling the reader why he (John) included what he included since there were many other things Jesus said and did that weren't in his gospel. So if context is your concern, then you have chosen the wrong verse to suggest that salvation isn't a sure thing.

But since you made the statement that this "hope" you are talking about is just a "maybe", then that is an indicator of the hope that you see, that you understand, that you hold to. It is an uncertain hope (maybe - maybe not; have I been good enough to inherit eternal life?). But the hope that is sure and steadfast speaks about the Savior and what HE does....what HE provides. Not how good our obedience is. If our faith and trust is in Him, we will obey. It will happen. But if our faith is more in our own ability to do what God requires, then it most definitely is an uncertain hope. That is the message you are sending.

The bottom line is that hope (and trust) is only as solid as the object - one is only as secure as what they trust or put their faith in. If you are trying to navigate in stormy seas and you have the choice between you steering the ship or an experienced sea captain, who are you going to choose? The captain, I would expect. And if that captain can calm the storms with a word of his mouth, how certain is his salvation? Hebrews actually calls Jesus the "captain of our salvation" :

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Hebrews 2:10

If He really is the captain of one's salvation, then how much more sure can one be about it?

nikolai_42

Nope, I did not say I am not saved.

I say no one knows of their salvation until Jesus approvs. Jesus says to be faithful until the end.

Jesus is the judge to claim who will be saved or not, not anyone else.

Jesus is the Lord and Judge..

Do you realize that is very similar to the Islamic view of salvation? Allah may or may not pardon them when they go before him at the judgement. It's all just up to him and they hope their good works outweigh their bad (not necessarily outnumber them, but outweigh them).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you realize that is very similar to the Islamic view of salvation? Allah may or may not pardon them when they go before him at the judgement. It's all just up to him and they hope their good works outweigh their bad (not necessarily outnumber them, but outweigh them).

Nope, there is no any other salvation like Jesus'.

God's Truth

That is what you do.

You are a hypocrite.

You cannot tell me I am wrong about Jesus telling me I am saved.

You say you don't know if you are saved but are mad at me for saying I believe you are not is showing that you are an ignorant hypocrite.

God's Truth

Yikes. You are such a mean dictator.

You say I can't speak for Jesus. However, I know what Jesus says to me.

You can't tell me what Jesus says to me.

God's Truth

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus knows me and I know him, so I have eternal life. That means I know that I am saved.

God's Truth

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus says eternal life is to know God and Jesus.

So HOW do we 'KNOW' God and Jesus?

We 'know' God and Jesus only one way, and it is accomplished by 'obeying' Jesus.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

If we obey Jesus, he will reveal himself; revealing oneself to another is so that you know that person.

So if I 'know' Jesus, then I have eternal life, just as it is said in the scripture John 17:3.

God's Truth

Paul could not have been saved under the kingdom gospel that was preached by the 12.
He was a blasphemer which was unforgivable under the kingdom gospel.
The Lord Jesus Christ did not wait for Paul to clean up his act before Christ met him on the road and called him into a ministry for the Lord.
Cause that's not the way grace works.
Instead, by grace the Lord called upon one of the chief sinners - Saul who became Paul.

You are dreaming. Paul believed in Jesus and was not yet saved on that road to Damascus.

Jesus told him that it will be told him what he must do.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus cleans me just by my repenting.

I live to please him.

I train myself to obey and work it out.

If I do something wrong I talk to Jesus about it and tell him how sorry I am.
Sin, repeat
Sin, repeat.
Sin, repeat.
Enjoy the judgement under the law.

In Christ.
Once.
Complete.

God's Truth

Sin, repeat
Sin, repeat.
Sin, repeat.
Enjoy the judgement under the law.

In Christ.
Once.
Complete.

There is no such gospel that you preach.

Jesus' words are forever and he says repent or perish.

Paul says it too and he says work it out and train yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.