YOU CANNOT BLASPHEME

OCTOBER23

YOU CANNOT BLASPHEME THE COMFORTER

WHY NOT ?

IS IT ABOVE THEM ?

Mt 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man,

it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against

the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him,

neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

iouae

THE UNPARDONABLE SIN

People permanently rejected by God (those damned), all have one thing in common.

THEY HAVE ALL SEEN AND EXPERIENCED THE POWER OF GOD, AND HAVE REJECTED THIS.

That is what it means to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

Let me give you a comprehensive list of all those the Bible says are damned forever.

Judas, Son of Perdition, saw Christ's miracles and rejected these.
The Pharisees, same reason. And it was a knowing rejection. They knew these miracles were from above, not below.

King Saul, chosen of God, empowered by the Holy Spirit to even prophesy, yet let his relationship slip, and ended up going to a witch.

The slave generation of Israelites who came out of Egypt, saw God's miracles, yet built a golden calf and ascribed their deliverance to this idol. God swore in His wrath that they would not enter into His eternal rest (Heb 3:11).

Adam - who walked and talked with God, then disobeyed, and never sought reconciliation. There is nothing more God can do which would persuade Adam to love and obey Him.

Let's have a look at Matt 13's blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

This is spoken to the Pharisees who had just witnesses Christ's miracles. They were faced with two possibilities only. Either these paranormal events were from God or from the Devil. They wilfully chose to ascribe them to Satan, against even what their better judgment was telling them. They did not want to lose position and power, and they were not humble enough to submit to Christ's authority. They had everything to lose by following Christ. And they knew this.

Nicodemus spoke for all of the Scribes and Pharisees when he said…

John 3:2
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

This ties in with Heb 6:4-6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It is possible for non-believers to be "once-enlightened". The Pharisees of Christ's day, are a case in point. They saw the miracles, and in this way "tasted of the heavenly gift". And they fell away, meaning deliberately and knowingly rejected Messiah.
They cannot be restored, ever, to favour with God.

When Christ, in Matt 23, seven times pronounced "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!" He was passing final judgment upon them that they were forever damned.

OCTOBER23

Thanks ioue,

But that is not what I am getting at.

Is the Comforter MORE IMPORTANT than Jesus or the Father

if it is impossible to blaspheme against it ?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

WHY NOT ?

IS IT ABOVE THEM ?

can a so called saved person
speaketh against the Holy Spirit
and
still be saved?
need a mad person to answer that

I see only one answer to this passage
the Holy Ghost is life
and
suicide is speaking against it

it could be forgiven
if
one had time to repent

yes you must repent

OCTOBER23

THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION.

THIS IS THE QUESTION.

WHY IS THE COMFORTER MORE "HOLY" THAN GOD

WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS THAT YOU CAN BLASPHEME GOD

BUT NOT THE COMFORTER / HOLY SPIRIT ?????????

Do you know the Answer to that question??????

OCTOBER23

GROSSNECK,

You always sound like LETSARGUE.

TOO BAD YOU ARE NOT BIBLICALY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CANNOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Bradley D

The Holy Spirit is truth. You reject truth you reject both God and Christ. One who rejects truth is living a lie. How can they be forgiven who reject God and Christ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GROSSNECK,

You always sound like LETSARGUE.

TOO BAD YOU ARE NOT BIBLICALY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CANNOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Well, now you're trying to save face? You're usually making
prophetic announcements about worldly events that never
come to fruition. I guess that makes you a false prophet
doesn't it? Now, that sounds more like something Letsargue
would be doing, if he wasn't so busy ranting and raving at every
poster on TOL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oct23, it would be best if you were to stay up there in Canada. The U.S.
already has its share of oddballs. When may we expect to
hear about your next phony prophesy?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

WHY NOT ?

IS IT ABOVE THEM ?

I once thought that attributing the miracles of God such as healing the sick, to the devil, was blasphemy which could not be forgiven.

Now I see that to blaspheme the Holy Ghost is to reject the grace of God in the face of Jesus Christ which urges men to surrender their lives to God from the heart. (by love)

Judas refused that, and he continued to be what he was before he believed.

Often men put on religion of one kind or other to try to avoid surrender.

LA

popsthebuilder

Thanks ioue,

But that is not what I am getting at.

Is the Comforter MORE IMPORTANT than Jesus or the Father

if it is impossible to blaspheme against it ?
Why do you call the Holy Spirit the comforter?

And also, could you reference scripture that says blasphemy against God the Father is forgivable?

Thanks

Peace

iouae

THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION.

THIS IS THE QUESTION.

WHY IS THE COMFORTER MORE "HOLY" THAN GOD

WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS THAT YOU CAN BLASPHEME GOD

BUT NOT THE COMFORTER / HOLY SPIRIT ?????????

Do you know the Answer to that question??????

I am going to take a shot at this while admitting to some uncertainty.

But first, suicide is not unpardonable. It is a desperate person doing something incredibly sad and stupid, which they would have seen to be so if they had survived till the bright and pleasant sun rose.

Nowhere in the Bible is suicide in a category by itself. Samson in a sense committed suicide.

Many can and do take God and Christ's names in vain, and are forgiven when converted.

What makes the Holy Spirit different?

The Holy Spirit is the PROOF in a person's mind that something is or is not God's doing. In Matt 12:31 Christ had been performing miracles to convince the crowd of His bona fides. If folks rejected this proof, ask yourself, what more could Christ show them to convince them? Ans: Nothing. By rejecting the miracles they rejected the only evidence to be saved, and by not being saved, they were committing the unpardonable sin. This applies to all those who saw Christ and rejected Him after seeing His miracles. Why did Christ say woe to Chorasin, Bethsaida, Capernaum? Because these were close to committing the unpardonable sin. What more could Christ have shown them to convince them? They saw the miracles that no other human ever did and attributed them to another power - thus blaspheming the Spirit.

It's not that God has to curse them. They were cursing themselves by rejecting the only evidence for God, viz. His power as demonstrated by the Holy Spirit miracles.

Likewise, Heb 6:4-6 speaks of the same thing.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

These are believers who have experienced the miracle working power of the Holy Spirit in their lives, yet through cares, or neglect, or wilful sin, have drifted from God. What more could God offer them since He has already given them His best? Thus they curse themselves by having rejected the only thing which could bring them back to God, viz. the blessings which His indwelling Spirit offers.

Thus, the unpardonable sin is something folks do to themselves, which makes it impossible for them to come (back) to God. It is not anything which God does to them. The result of what goes on in the head of the blasphemer is what ultimately causes them to reject eternal life.

OCTOBER23

Thank you for your posts .

The QUESTION IS : WHY CAN YOU BLASPHEME JESUS OR THE FATHER

BUT YOU CANNOT BLASPHEME THE COMFORTER / HOLY SPIRIT ?????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lu 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man,

it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth

against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another
Comforter, that may abide with you for ever;

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Answer that I am looking for.
-----------------------------------------------

Let me say that the COMFORTER as a type of Holy Spirit was Formed

by JESUS going up to the Father and Combining their Personal Spirits

and calling that the Comforter and sending that Spirit down into the Apostles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OCTOBER23

IOU THE TRUTH..........

The answer simply is that the Comforter was produced when Jesus

went up to Heaven and took with him that HUMAN RESISTANCE TO SIN

that he had developed here on Earth and met with God and

God the Father took that Human Resistance to Sin and

sent it down into the Apostles as a New Spirit to help them Overcome sins.

-----------------------------------------

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes,
and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?

But we have the mind of Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

WHY NOT ?

IS IT ABOVE THEM ?

The Holy Spirit is simply God's power for salvation. If a person doesn't respect God's Spirit then God can't help them.

...who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:5 NKJV)​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit is simply God's power for salvation. If a person doesn't respect God's Spirit then God can't help them.

...who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:5 NKJV)​

You explain things so simple. You are blessed:)