Yes, he is a moron.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Okay. You can keep me posted.

I shall. Notice we've made a testable prediction here. If Trump carries through with his intent to impose a tariff on steel and aluminum, it should have a measurable impact a year or so after it's imposed.

Thanks for your pleasant and rational response. It is appreciated.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
He is a commie!

Nope it is sovereign citizen nonsense. Goes back to FDR coming off the gold standard. These people are totally wackadoodles. They file UCC financing statements on themselves with themselves as the secured party. If there name is in all caps it means something. they file affidavits in court that are total gibberish.
Really Al foil hat time.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
This is all above my pay grade.

I'm just so tired of people always assuming the worst, when, so far, Trump has made a real difference in the growth of the economy.

Actually he has not. He, and Ryan and Mitchy et al., threw most of us some crumbs but he took really really good care of his wealthy fellow golfers.
He needs at least 3% GDP growth to make his trickle down tax reform work. Not likely to see that.
His understanding of economics, unless he is counting the bills in his wallet and screwing over 3rd parties in bankruptcy is abysmal.

glorydaz

Actually he has not. He, and Ryan and Mitchy et al., threw most of us some crumbs but he took really really good care of his wealthy fellow golfers.
He needs at least 3% GDP growth to make his trickle down tax reform work. Not likely to see that.
His understanding of economics, unless he is counting the bills in his wallet and screwing over 3rd parties in bankruptcy is abysmal.

Lib talking points. :chuckle:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Lib talking points. :chuckle:

Really? What did I write that was inaccurate?
That billionaires got more billions and us regular people got 500-1000 if we are lucky?
That he does not need GDP growth of at least 3%.
That he LOVES all his Mar-A-Lago and Bedminster golf buddies but had no problem with gouging people via Trump U.

Ah, I forgot to mention the increase in the deficit, the national debt. You know that thing the Repubs used to be really concerned about? "The children, we are running the government on the backs of our children and grandchildren."

He is a "reality" show host. Think about that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Really? What did I write that was inaccurate?
That billionaires got more billions and us regular people got 500-1000 if we are lucky?
That he does not need GDP growth of at least 3%.
That he LOVES all his Mar-A-Lago and Bedminster golf buddies but had no problem with gouging people via Trump U.

Ah, I forgot to mention the increase in the deficit, the national debt. You know that thing the Repubs used to be really concerned about? "The children, we are running the government on the backs of our children and grandchildren."

He is a "reality" show host. Think about that.

You're a bit of a "Drama Queen," aren't Ya?

john w

Hall of Fame
Weighty.

So his announcement of tariffs on steel and aluminum didn't impact the market much, in your esteemed estimation?

Go have a natty.

Me:2%=not "much." You: 2%=Armageddon!!!! The market "plummetted!!" The market "crashed!!!" Trump did it!!!

Look, Ranger Rick, I've been in the financial services, as a stock broker/trader, since 1984, and also served as a TV/radio market analyst for almost 4 years in the DFW area, so, spare the lecture, as I've forgotten more, than you probably know, re. how the financial markets work.

I've shorted you, at market, with no need to cover this short.

Can you dig it? Good.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Trump blasted at home and abroad for plan to impose steel, aluminum tariffs

Some of the harshest initial reactions came from members of Trump's own party, who have traditionally championed free trade.

President Donald Trump's decision to impose tariffs of 25 percent on steel imports and 10 percent on aluminum reverberated across the world Thursday, spurring retaliatory threats from some of the nation’s closest allies and sending stock prices plummeting on investors’ fears of the global economic fallout.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker called Trump's decision "a blatant intervention to protect U.S. domestic industry" under the guise of national security. He said he would submit a proposal in the next few days to hit back at the U.S.

"We will not sit idly while our industry is hit with unfair measures that put thousands of European jobs at risk,” Juncker said. “The EU will react firmly and commensurately to defend our interests."

The timing of the announcement also embarrassed Mexico and Canada, longtime allies and trading partners, which are in the midst of the seventh round of talks with the U.S. to renegotiate NAFTA.

Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland said any restrictions against Canadian steel imports would be "absolutely unacceptable." She noted that Canada, a longtime U.S. ally and trading partner, buys more American steel than any other country in the world, accounting for half of U.S. exports.

"Should restrictions be imposed on Canadian steel and aluminum products, Canada will take responsive measures to defend its trade interests and workers,” she said.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/01/trump-steel-tariffs-432143

Trump is snuggling up to our enemies and attacking our friends. Unless he's being blackmailed by Putin, he really is a moron.