Works, Salvation, Merit

heir

TOL Subscriber
I speak of there being only one gospel, as preached by Jesus while he walked the earth, and the same gospel that Paul preached.
I know of what you speak. You are in error.
How do you ever get that is another gospel?
The gospel that the Lord preached while on earth is NOT the gospel of Christ that was a mystery since the world began and Paul tells us why:

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
YOU ADMIT to believing another gospel.
No. I believe the gospel that Paul declared. It is the gospel I received, wherein I stand, by which also I am saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV)

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It is not an other gospel which was a very real gospel when the Galatians were around (Galatians 1:7 KJV) nor your perverting of it as you apply it TO us today in error, but the gospel Paul preached as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) and the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) by which I study to shew thyself approved unto God by rightly dividing (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). It's the gospel you've shown over and over that you believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

God's Truth

I know of what you speak. You are in error.
The gospel that the Lord preached while on earth is NOT the gospel of Christ that was a mystery since the world began and Paul tells us why:

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
No. I believe the gospel that Paul declared. It is the gospel I received, wherein I stand, by which also I am saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV)

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It is not an other gospel which was a very real gospel when the Galatians were around (Galatians 1:7 KJV) nor your perverting of it as you apply it TO us today in error, but the gospel Paul preached as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) and the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) by which I study to shew thyself approved unto God by rightly dividing (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). It's the gospel you've shown over and over that you believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Jesus taught the one gospel.

Jesus coming in the flesh was the mystery.

God's Truth

Because, like the Pharisees, you say but do not do.
The LORD upbraided them.

You are a false accuser of the brethren.

The Pharisees did not believe in Jesus, and they did not confess and repent of their sins. They did not do what God said to do, just like you say we do not have to do.

Just think, you are exactly like the pharisees. lol

You are what you falsely judged me as being.

The pharisees did not believe Jesus while he walked the earth, and neither do you.

The pharisees did not repent of their sins, and you teach we do not have to either.

The pharisees did not get water baptized, and you say we do not have to either.

Jamie Gigliotti

I'm not playing that game with you and wasting my time looking for a post someone who is not being honest is asking to see.

If you believe now that we have to obey to be saved, then good for you.

I never said we don't have to obey Jesus. Do you love by your own love, or by His inside your heart? Do you obey by His power or yours?

Preachers.Wife

BANNED
Banned
Well I was going to pipe in, but it looks like everyone went away angry. Be angry and sin not, don't let the sun go down on your anger. Or something along those lines.

Remember God loved us, even while we were yet sinners.

God's Truth

I never said we don't have to obey Jesus.

Do you have to obey and repent before you can be saved yes or no?

Do you love by your own love,

Even the wicked love those who love them. See Luke 6:32.

or by His inside your heart?

You will not receive His love if you do not obey.

See John 14:23.

Do you obey by His power or yours?

God does not make us obey!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Again, you're absurdly wrong. It's amazing how you do it.

Jamie Gigliotti

With Christ there is the initial moment of genuine faith and trust and repentance (turning to God, seeking forgiveness), where the weight of shame and His overwhelming love and presence comes upon us.

We seek, He draws by His Spirit, He draws by His Spirit, we seek; and at that intitial moment of turning to Jesus it is an act of the will, we choose, but by no means earned it as undoubtedly His grace was involved throughout. Some will say that's it story over. If you've met Jesus if you turned to Him You are now saved(have eternal life, forever, it can never be lost).

But scripture says otherwise. We love the way He loves by surrender to Jesus, by being filled with His Spirit, by loving by His Agape love, not just our families or those we deem,worthy, but everyone, the world, like God does.

We must choose to sow to Please His Spirit, (Galatians 6:8) become dead to sin and slaves to God ( Romans 6 )and put to death the misdeeds of the body by the Spirit (Romans 8) to have eternal life in Christ as through continued faith and repentance the work of the Holy Spirit and our surrender to him the character of Christ is formed in us. Undoubtedly through this process good results in us and through us as His light reaches this world through us.

"And we all with unveiled face, be holding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

This seems as daunting as Jesus said that the path is narrow and only few will find it.
But with God all things are possible and through Him we can do all things because He strenghthens us (Phillipians 4:13).

Without a doubt eternal life in Christ is dependent upon Him, His grace, His love, His Spirit, but this unequivocally does not remove the burden placed upon us by Him, as continued acts of our will to submit to Him. He gives us will to accept the grace He offers. Are we going to give him our selves in increasing measure or not?

"For the one who sows to his flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life."

God's Truth

With Christ there is the initial moment of genuine faith and trust and repentance (turning to God, seeking forgiveness), where the weight of shame and His overwhelming love and presence comes upon us.

We seek, He draws by His Spirit, He draws by His Spirit, we seek; and at that intitial moment of turning to Jesus it is an act of the will, we choose, but by no means earned it as undoubtedly His grace was involved throughout.

JESUS DRAWS ALL MEN. See John 12:32.

Some will say that's it story over. If you've met Jesus if you turned to Him You are now saved(have eternal life, forever, it can never be lost).

But scripture says otherwise. We love the way He loves by surrender to Jesus, by being filled with His Spirit, by loving by His Agape love, not just our families or those we deem,worthy, but everyone, the world, like God does.
Jesus says even the wicked LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE THEM.

If we want to be saved, we have to love Jesus, and love him more than anyone or anything.

We must choose to sow to Please His Spirit, (Galatians 6:8) become dead to sin and slaves to God ( Romans 6 )and put to death the misdeeds of the body by the Spirit (Romans 8) to have eternal life in Christ as through continued faith and repentance the work of the Holy Spirit and our surrender to him the character of Christ is formed in us. Undoubtedly through this process good results in us and through us as His light reaches this world through us.

"And we all with unveiled face, be holding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

This seems as daunting as Jesus said that the path is narrow and only few will find it.
But with God all things are possible and through Him we can do all things because He strenghthens us (Phillipians 4:13).

Without a doubt eternal life in Christ is dependent upon Him, His grace, His love, His Spirit, but this unequivocally does not remove the burden placed upon us by Him, as continued acts of our will to submit to Him. He gives us will to accept the grace He offers. Are we going to give him our selves in increasing measure or not?

"For the one who sows to his flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life."

If anyone wants to be saved, they have to get Jesus' teachings and obey them.

That is what JESUS SAYS.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If anyone wants to be saved, they have to get Jesus' teachings and obey them.

That is what JESUS SAYS.
GT preaches another Jesus! Don't let what she has to say corrupt your minds from the simplicity that is in Christ!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

She is an enemy of the cross!

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

GT denies that salvation if by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)!

This is GT's perverted gospel

Obey his every word to be saved and to stay saved.

She believes not the glorious gospel of Christ (the gospel by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and is blinded because of it (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). She has nothing edifying to say to anyone here (Ephesians 4:16 KJV).

God's Truth

GT preaches another Jesus! Don't let what she has to say corrupt your minds from the simplicity that is in Christ!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

She is an enemy of the cross!

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

GT denies that salvation if by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)!

This is GT's perverted gospel

She believes not the glorious gospel of Christ (the gospel by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and is blinded because of it (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). She has nothing edifying to say to anyone here (Ephesians 4:16 KJV).

It is not perverted to do what the Way says to get to the Father.

It is not evil to obey Jesus to remain in his love.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is not perverted to do what the Way says to get to the Father.
You cannot approach God on your own with your "obey every word" (which is impossible) perverted gospel (which is no good news at all).

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Now what are you going to do?

It is not evil to obey Jesus to remain in his love.
Nothing a member of the Body of Christ can do or not do can separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39 KJV). Your statement above is just more damning testimony that you don't trust God.