Will The Conspiracy Against Trump And American Democracy Go Unpunished?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What happened to Flynn was nothing but a hatchet job:

The indictment of Flynn had nothing to do with serving justice. Instead it was a desperate act performed by desperate FBI officals trying to find anyone who might turn against Trump.

And it failed and later justice will be served on those FBI agents.

Flynn lied about his contacts with Russian agents. Lied, even to his fellow Trump supporters. He lied to the FBI. Which is a crime.

Former national security advisor Michael Flynn pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI, saying he did so because his actions were wrong and he wanted to “set things right.”

“I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right,” Flynn said in a statement issued by his lawyer minutes after the former Army lieutenant general entered his plea in federal court.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...lty-to-lying-to-fbi-1512138216-htmlstory.html

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
58a3c0b4a7c88.image.jpg

What happened to Flynn was nothing but a hatchet job:

FBI investigators who interviewed Michael Flynn last January - one of which was anti-Trumper Peter Strzok - thought Flynn was telling the truth about his conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, and that any inaccuracies in his answers were unintentional - according to accounts of a closed-door March 2017 briefing given to lawmakers by former FBI Director James Comey.

The indictment of Flynn had nothing to do with serving justice. Instead it was a desperate act performed by desperate FBI officals trying to find anyone who might turn against Trump.

And it failed and later justice will be served on those FBI agents.
Flynn was the first, but he won't be the last to plead guilty for lying to the FBI and "volunteer" his services to the Mueller Investigation!

Firing Mueller would not only precipitate a constitutional crisis, but it would virtually guarantee a Democratic sweep of the House and Senate in the 2018 Interims - and Republican politicians know it!

They would either be forced to initiate impeachment proceedings to pacify public opinion demanding they reign in the excesses of an authoritarian President, or they could continue to abdicate their responsibilities, pull the plug on their political careers and/or face political annihilation!

rexlunae

Today, the United States indicted 13 Russians, 3 Russian companies, and announced a guilty plea from one American for subverting the 2016 election and related charges. As a result, Donald Trump has admitted that the Russians meddled in the election.

He must now fully embrace the Justice Department investigation, because if he is innocent, it will exonerate him, and it is, frankly, his job. He is responsible for protecting the country from a foreign attack, and the only explanation for behaving otherwise is if his sense of personal culpability makes him put his personal interests before the country's.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In reality, this new set of indictments makes it critically important for Trump to do something. If he fires Mueller now, the firestorm will remove him from office. If he does nothing, Mueller will continue to unravel the mess.

Since he's already technically admitted to interfering in the investigation, an indictment is always possible. I suspect that Mueller is looking for more egregious crimes before acting.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In reality, this new set of indictments makes it critically important for Trump to do something. If he fires Mueller now, the firestorm will remove him from office. If he does nothing, Mueller will continue to unravel the mess.

Since he's already technically admitted to interfering in the investigation, an indictment is always possible. I suspect that Mueller is looking for more egregious crimes before acting.

I disagree ... he could get away with firing Mueller because the GOP would allow it ... even though the know he is guilty. They simply couldn't care less about the security of our nation. The only way to correct what has happened is for the House and Senate to flip.