ECT Why was the "friend" not wearing his wedding garment?

Cross Reference

When did the wedding guests [invitees] receive their wedding garments? Who gave them out to those who were invited to take part but, no doubt, could not afford the price of one?

Danoh

When did the wedding guests [invitees] receive their wedding garments? Who gave them out to those who were invited to take part but, no doubt, could not afford the price of one?

A thought...

State your case - open ended questions only end up making their asker appear to be attempting to bait others.

Besides, unless the person being asked is coming from the same approach to understanding the Scripture on one thing or another, as the one asking the question, the person asking the question only ends up where he began - no where.

State your case and the responder can then state theirs and you can then both compare notes...with way less back and forth to nowhere...

Cross Reference

How 'bout I leave it as it is. You are only looking to rebut anyway and never to get understanding. This is, no doubt, a passage you have never read? I think so.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 22:11,12 KJV

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

LA

DAN P

Matthew 22:11,12 KJV

Hi , and it obviously , NOT speaking to the B O C !!

It is speaking to those Jews in a WEDDING CEREMONY !!

It obvoiusly , that person was not a friend , as he was THROWN OUT !!

In verse 13 , many shall be CAST into outer darkness and there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth and here is your clue !!

This is the SECOND COMING of Christ , in Matt24 ~~

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi , and it obviously , NOT speaking to the B O C !!

It is speaking to those Jews in a WEDDING CEREMONY !!

It obvoiusly , that person was not a friend , as he was THROWN OUT !!

In verse 13 , many shall be CAST into outer darkness and there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth and here is your clue !!

This is the SECOND COMING of Christ , in Matt24 ~~

dan p

In otherwords, you don't have the answers.

Cross Reference

Irrespective of what it is, not wearing his gown is an open show of disrespect and arrogance . . . contempt! Now answer the questions or you will get no more replies..

Interplanner

Judaism/Israel was invited but did not come. The 'more servants' were the prophets and the apostles. The king is God and he burned the city of Judaism/Israel, the destruction of Jerusalem. This is the 2nd of 4 references to the destruction of the place in the four chapters 21-24.

The wedding clothes often is used as a picture of being clothed with Christ's righteousness, and this individual did not think he needed to be 'covered' to attend. Huge mistake. cp also Col 3:9, 10, 12, 14 (taking off and putting on).

Jerry Shugart

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Yes, it was he who did not overcome the world who was not wearing the wedding garment:

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:4-5).​

The man who came to the wedding without a wedding garment was without faith and so he came in his own garment of righteousness, which is described this way:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rages; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away"
(Isa.46:4).​

Because of a lack of faith his garment was not the wedding garment of righteousness provided by the king, which is described by Paul in this way:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"
(Phil.3:9).​

Interplanner

Yes, it was he who did not overcome the world who was not wearing the wedding garment:

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:4-5).​

The man who came to the wedding without a wedding garment was without faith and so he came in his own garment of righteousness, which is described this way:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rages; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away"
(Isa.46:4).​

Because of a lack of faith his garment was not the wedding garment of righteousness provided by the king, which is described by Paul in this way:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"
(Phil.3:9).​

Who burns the city of people who won't come to a wedding?

Interplanner

The parable generally is about Judaism not gaining access to the kingdom and its mission because of its refusal. I don't know if the particular individual was directed at anyone, it's just saying the covering of Christ is needed.

Because of the 'nation' refusing the invitation, God comes and burns down their city.