ECT Why Rom 11 does not mean a restored Israel

SaulToPaul 2

If STP is talking about understanding me, then what we expect to hear is a lot of what we understand. When we don't expect to hear a certain thing, we usually don't understand it, even though that is what is being said. The Bible is like that (unexpected) pretty much all through.

Understanding your posts in on par with understanding scripture?

Interplanner

Understanding your posts in on par with understanding scripture?

Most Bible-based church people are taught not to expect the mission work of God in Rom 9-11, so they think they have something about a future restoration of the theocracy in the land when they get to the end of 11.

Even in ordinary things, like a new position I learned this year at work: 95% of the difficulty was my own expectations. Now that I know the position, I have shed what I expected.

SaulToPaul 2

Most Bible-based church people are taught not to expect the mission work of God in Rom 9-11, so they think they have something about a future restoration of the theocracy in the land when they get to the end of 11.

Even in ordinary things, like a new position I learned this year at work: 95% of the difficulty was my own expectations. Now that I know the position, I have shed what I expected.

:chuckle:

Danoh

You seriously need to learn how to talk.

For one as much into books "about" as you obviously are; you sure often show a very poor sentence structure.

The proper structuring of your attempted communique at STP would be more a long a line of "seriously; you really need to learn how to better express your self through words" :chuckle:

Only I can pick on my Mads; buster, rotfl

Danoh

If STP is talking about understanding me, then what we expect to hear is a lot of what we understand. When we don't expect to hear a certain thing, we usually don't understand it, even though that is what is being said. The Bible is like that (unexpected) pretty much all through.

Here, let me help you with that - what you'd meant to say was "If STP is talking about..." NOT "...understanding me," then PERHAPS THAT IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT, OFTEN; what we expect to hear is a lot of what we understand..." IF WHAT WE HEAR INSTEAD DIFFERS FROM WHAT WE UNDERSTAND, THEN "we don't usually understand it..."

Am I making YOUR-self clear :chuckle:

But, actually, IP, what STP is referring to is not so much to what you say (that is its own issue, lol) but to the way you word things.

It's as if you're in your own world - with your own word salad to go with it, bro :chuckle:

Speaking of salad; try Newman's Own; it's actually rather tasty, lol

Interplanner

Many times the chuckle is the only apropos response.

To me? No. To yourself. Go have a conversation with yourself then. But if you dare put out a proposition, prepare for it to be undermined and exploded in a minute, or else you shouldn't be here. Forums are for debate, right? What are your answers to those questions about Gal 3:17?

Interplanner

Here, let me help you with that - what you'd meant to say was "If STP is talking about..." NOT "...understanding me," then PERHAPS THAT IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT, OFTEN; what we expect to hear is a lot of what we understand..." IF WHAT WE HEAR INSTEAD DIFFERS FROM WHAT WE UNDERSTAND, THEN "we don't usually understand it..."

Am I making YOUR-self clear :chuckle:

But, actually, IP, what STP is referring to is not so much to what you say (that is its own issue, lol) but to the way you word things.

It's as if you're in your own world - with your own word salad to go with it, bro :chuckle:

Speaking of salad; try Newman's Own; it's actually rather tasty, lol

Could be , but they have asked enough questions for me to know that the basics of D'ism, Judaism and MAD are being challenged, and they are afraid of that.

SaulToPaul 2

To me? No. To yourself. Go have a conversation with yourself then. But if you dare put out a proposition, prepare for it to be undermined and exploded in a minute, or else you shouldn't be here. Forums are for debate, right? What are your answers to those questions about Gal 3:17?

:chuckle: