ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why would God destroy the old earth and create a new Jerusalem to come down, then, turn around and destroy the new Jerusalem and the new earth? Can you back your assumption with Scripture?

Not what I said . . .

All earthly kingdoms will be destroyed. All things of this present world will pass away.

The New Jersalem is heavenly and Christ will reign therein with His saints, forever.

It is futile to place hope in a literal promised land, and believe that Christ will reign over a literal, earthly kingdom of Jews, that will certainly be destroyed by fire.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who was the beast and who were the kings of the earth with their armies that fought a war against Christ and His armies of heaven in 70 AD.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

In the first century it was BOTH the Jews and the Romans who killed Christ Jesus and His followers.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not what I said . . .

All earthly kingdoms will be destroyed. All things of this present world will pass away.

The New Jersalem is heavenly and Christ will reign therein with His saints, forever.

It is futile to place hope in a literal promised land, and believe that Christ will reign over a literal, earthly kingdom of Jews, that will certainly be destroyed by fire.

However, the verse says there will be a "NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH." God will destroy the OLD earth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Who was the beast and who were the kings of the earth with their armies that fought a war against Christ and His armies of heaven in 70 AD.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Good point!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
However, the verse says there will be a "NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH." God will destroy the OLD earth.

Right!

But you are teaching Christ is going to restore the Jewish kingdom on this old earth. . . "forever."

Why would He do that, when He has promised to burn and destroy it?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't matter.
You are still a follower of him whether you want to admit or not.

Wrong again Tam.

There is no analogy with Russell and Darby.

Dispensationalism didn't exist before Darby. Preterism existed long before Russell.

This is fun.

Watching you Darby followers keep living in denial is not fun.

When was it first invented that fire from heaven was really just a lightning bolt symbol on a Roman army banner???????

The Revelation is full of symbolism.

Maybe you think there is a literal seven headed beast?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Revelation 21:2 "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Since it was coming down from Heaven (The dwelling place of God) its destination is the "New earth." There will be Heaven and the new earth. Both will exist at the same time Nang.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ and His army from heaven are victorious over the kings of the earth in Rev 19.

If the "kings of the earth" are the unbelieving Jews, then yes, Christ was victorious over them. Over 1.1 million Jews were killed, and their city and temple was destroyed.

The vultures eat the flesh of the defeated earthly army.

See above.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the "kings of the earth" are the unbelieving Jews, then yes, Christ was victorious over them. Over 1.1 million Jews were killed, and their city and temple was destroyed.

See above.

The Kings of the earth are not the unbelieving Jews of 70 AD, the Kings of the earth are the Kings of the earth.

Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers.

Danoh

Tet, your assertion that you have never read Russell proves nothing.

By your years and years old illogic on TOL- that anyone who so much as holds to any view also held by Darby is a brainwashed Darby clone - you are a Josephan/Alcazarian/Russellite.

But again, this is not for your stopped ears.

JohnW, don't tell Hank about this JARhead :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, used to be.

And that's all it is is dirt. It's no different than the dirt in Texas or anywhere else (except maybe a little more sandy).

Christ Jesus is the Promised Land. In Him is where you find rest. You won't find rest in dirt.

It's irrelevant in the New Covenant.

Do you make pilgrimages to that dirt? Do the people who live on that dirt have rest?
Still is.

Jeremiah 32:37-42 KJV
(37) Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
(38) And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
(39) And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
(40) And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
(41) Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
(42) For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

Jeremiah 33:7-14 KJV
(7) And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
(8) And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
(9) And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
(10) Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,
(11) The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
(12) Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.
(13) In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.
(14) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Still is.

Jeremiah 32:37-42 KJV
(37) Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
(38) And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
(39) And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
(40) And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
(41) Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
(42) For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

Jeremiah 33:7-14 KJV
(7) And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
(8) And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
(9) And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
(10) Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,
(11) The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
(12) Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.
(13) In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.
(14) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

And after all this, God is going to destroy it with fire?

john w

Hall of Fame
Contrary to what you guys think, I have never read any book by Russell.

1.Made up.Your AD 70-ism, "posts," is/are straight from Russell's book, "The Parousia," as all you do is copy'npaste/plagiarize, his "invention," which he "invented" in the 1800's.

Why do you follow the teachings of "fallable" men, little arms sweetie?

You're a J. Stuart Russell follower. You're in denial.

You have this poster, in your little, isolated rat home, over your bed, right next to your Clay Aiken poster:
51AzkRtO6dL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2. And this flaming actress, as a boc divider, when told, byu other dispensationalist proponents, that they have never read Darby, goes into his little, wimpy, tantrum, spamming, "You are all Darby followers...You are in denial!!!"

You deceitful punk.