Why Isn't Robert Mueller Investigating the Seth Rich Murder?

Jerry Shugart

As rumors swirl that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is preparing a case against Russians who are alleged to have hacked Democrats during the 2016 election - a conclusion based solely on the analysis of cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike, a Friday op-ed in the Washington Times by retired U.S. Navy admiral James A. Lyons, Jr. asks a simple, yet monumentally significant question: Why haven't Congressional Investigators or Special Counsel Robert Mueller addressed the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich - who multiple people have claimed was Wikileaks' source of emails leaked during the 2016 U.S. presidential election?

Mueller has been incredibly thorough in his ongoing investigations - however he won't even respond to Kim Dotcom, the New Zealand entrepreneur who clearly knew about the hacked emails long before they were released, claims that Seth Rich obtained them with a memory stick, and has offered to provide proof to the Special Counsel investigation.

More...

Mueller couldn't care less about the truth. He is on a witch hunt!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Because that's not his mandate. Mueller's mandate is to investigate Russian efforts to interfere in the US election in 2016, and any participation of Trump's campaign with them, and what matters arise directly from that investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...nt-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html

Also, the Seth Rich thing is a conspiracy theory.

And ZeroHedge is still a Russian intelligence front.

Russian agents get really defensive about people saying that.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
BBJMW3W.img

Why Isn't Robert Mueller Investigating the Seth Rich Murder?

The Department of Justice and the FBI consider themselves to be independent public agencies sworn to uphold the Constitution - not merely an extension of the Oval Office tasked with prosecuting the "political enemies" of this President!

It was President "Donald J" who appointed Attorney General Sessions and his Assistant Rob Rosenstein, so he has nobody to blame but himself - even his own White House Attorney threatened to resign if he attempted to fire Mueller!!

rexlunae

Russian agents get really defensive about people saying that.

I've been wondering about Jerry. He's been here forever, which generally would lead me to assume he's a real person. But he seems to almost exclusively post ZeroHedge, which makes me wonder if someone else is posting for him.

glorydaz

I've been wondering about Jerry. He's been here forever, which generally would lead me to assume he's a real person. But he seems to almost exclusively post ZeroHedge, which makes me wonder if someone else is posting for him.

Boogy man around every corner. :chuckle:

fool

Hall of Fame
Because that's not his mandate. Mueller's mandate is to investigate Russian efforts to interfere in the US election in 2016, and any participation of Trump's campaign with them, and what matters arise directly from that investigation.
How WikiLeaks got the e-mails would fall into that purview and Seth Rich is one possible avenue. His murder should be looked into. What's the worst that could happen? Mueller solves an unrelated homicide? Oh the terror.

rexlunae

How WikiLeaks got the e-mails would fall into that purview and Seth Rich is one possible avenue.

Sure, if there were a credible reason to believe that. We don't know that he hasn't looked into it. Mueller has the burden of actually finding evidence to support where his investigation goes. He doesn't just look where Hannity or Trump think he should.

His murder should be looked into. What's the worst that could happen? Mueller solves an unrelated homicide? Oh the terror.

In order to involve the Justice Department, you'd need a credible connection to federal jurisdiction. As far as I know, that doesn't exist. But even then, even if it did somehow fall into the Justice Department's jurisdiction, there's no reason not to assign a regular prosecutor to it. The special prosecutor exists to avoid the conflict of interest involved in investigating members of the Trump administration and their close associates. You don't get a special prosecutor because you think it'll make for good television.

But yes, I would love for someone to figure out who killed Seth. But the special counsel has his mandate, and so far, that ain't it. And I'd rather not distract the special prosecutor with irrelevant nonsense. If his investigation lead him to Seth Rich, he could request the authority to expand his investigation, but there's little reason to expect that it would. What you're really saying is that we should assume that crimes are committed by Democrats by default.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
Sure, if there were a credible reason to believe that.
Do you want Steele to write you a dossier?

We don't know that he hasn't looked into it.
He should
Mueller has the burden of actually finding evidence to support where his investigation goes.
Rich is dead, that's evidence of a crime.

He doesn't just look where Hannity or Trump think he should.
Those are the only two people that want a murder solved? When did the rest of us become so callous?

In order to involve the Justice Department, you'd need a credible connection to federal jurisdiction. As far as I know, that doesn't exist.
How bout a Yahoo news story?

But even then, even if it did somehow fall into the Justice Department's jurisdiction, there's no reason not to assign a regular prosecutor to it. The special prosecutor exists to avoid the conflict of interest involved in investigating members of the Trump administration and their close associates. You don't get a special prosecutor because you think it'll make for good television.

But yes, I would love for someone to figure out who killed Seth. But the special counsel has his mandate, and so far, that ain't it. And I'd rather not distract the special prosecutor with irrelevant nonsense. If his investigation lead him to Seth Rich, he could request the authority to expand his investigation, but there's little reason to expect that it would. What you're really saying is that we should assume that crimes are committed by Democrats by default.
Are you saying the Murderer was a Democrat?
Why do you come to that conclusion?

rexlunae

Do you want Steele to write you a dossier?

Sure.

He should

Would you like him to wash your car, too?

Rich is dead, that's evidence of a crime.

Ah, so you think Mueller's mandate is to investigate all crimes? Did you read his mandate?

Those are the only two people that want a murder solved? When did the rest of us become so callous?

Those are the two most determined to distract Mueller from his actual investigation.

How bout a Yahoo news story?

How bout you get serious. Does Yahoo know who killed Seth Rich?

I'm gonna skip the part where you were clearly deliberately misunderstanding me.

rexlunae

How WikiLeaks got the e-mails would fall into that purview and Seth Rich is one possible avenue. His murder should be looked into. What's the worst that could happen? Mueller solves an unrelated homicide? Oh the terror.

I'd bet that Mueller has a pretty good idea how the Russians got the emails without resorting to baseless conspiracy theories. And no, in case you were wondering, I'm not suggesting it was Trump. You've got the worst case of motivated reasoning I've ever seen.

If you find a burglar's fingerprints at a crime scene, do you normally check to see if maybe Hillary Clinton robbed your house instead?

fool

Hall of Fame
That'll be $1,000,000

Would you like him to wash your car, too?
No, I'll do that. He can just see if Rich was beaten and murdered in a robbery where they didn't take anything because he purloined some e-mail.

Ah, so you think Mueller's mandate is to investigate all crimes? Did you read his mandate?
Seth Rich could have been the person that purloined the E-mails. You just read it here right now. Go investigate.

Those are the two most determined to distract Mueller from his actual investigation.
If you think Russia gave WikiLeaks the e-mails then you still have to ask where they got them.

How bout you get serious. Does Yahoo know who killed Seth Rich?
We know he's dead.
I'm gonna skip the part where you were clearly deliberately misunderstanding me.
Or understanding you without you understanding what I'm understanding.

rexlunae

Seth Rich could have been the person that purloined the E-mails.

Could have just as easily been the Easter Bunny.

And maybe it wasn't Japan that bombed Pearl Harbor, but Hillary Clinton.

If you think Russia gave WikiLeaks the e-mails then you still have to ask where they got them.

They stole them. Like they so often do.

We know he's dead.

Wow, what a lead.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
Could have just as easily been the Easter Bunny.

And maybe it wasn't Japan that bombed Pearl Harbor, but Hillary Clinton.
Did they work at the DNC? Were they murdered right after the timeframe the e-mails in the DNC leaks covered?
Were they killed in a robbery where nothing was stolen?

They stole them. Like they so often do.
Or did Seth Rich give them to someone?

Wow, what a lead.
Yup, dead guys who get dead in robberies where nothing is taken right after the time frame of an e-mail heist is a lead.
You're catching on.

rexlunae

Or did Seth Rich give them to someone?

We know the Russians stole them. That's not just some assumption chosen for convenience. There was evidence left behind on the servers of the DNC. It was investigated by the FBI and SecureWorks, and that was before anyone was talking about Russia's subversion of our election.

Yup, dead guys who get dead in robberies where nothing is taken right after the time frame of an e-mail heist is a lead.
You're catching on.

You're just fitting a pretty improbable narrative to the lack of information that you have.