Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For those who have ever donated financially to TOL over the years, what was your biggest reason/s for giving?

Examples could be, great place for....

theology discussions,
"sharpening iron",
keeping up on current events,
getting together with like-minded people,
etc.

Quetzal

For those who have ever donated financially to TOL over the years, what was your biggest reason/s for giving?

theology discussions,
"sharpening iron",
etc.
It is addicting, I tried to quit (recently, too!) and yet here I am. I was actually looking to start my own forum a little while back and realized just how expensive it can be. So, I decided to throw a few bucks at it.

bybee

theology discussions,
"sharpening iron",
etc.

TOL is a familiar neighborhood. I want it to prosper. When I share financially in the upkeep I feel like a good citizen!
I get to keep hobnobbing with friends and having my wits sharpened by those who are not yet friends.
And now I help, that is to say, I try to help keep the peace but, sometimes, I'm not so peaceful myself!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As explained in the "Why?" link in my sig below, if a member has spent the time to make over 500 posts here he or she have obviously formulated a value proposition that begs the question of why they do not contribute either directly or indirectly via a paid subscription.

I think we all have agendas for posting, some worthy and sadly, some unworthy. Nevertheless, if someone is spending the time God has granted them for extended participation here, it seems to me that the venue (TOL) supporting his or her time is worth spending some of what God has shared with them in His abundance.

In my personal case, if contributing money affords me even the most infinitesimal amount of extra consideration by the management team, I feel the value proposition is worth it. I doubt anyone that reads me herein doubts what my agenda is, so anything that helps me move that agenda forward is worth my time...and money. ;)

AMR

glorydaz

TOL is a familiar neighborhood. I want it to prosper. When I share financially in the upkeep I feel like a good citizen!
I get to keep hobnobbing with friends and having my wits sharpened by those who are not yet friends.
And now I help, that is to say, I try to help keep the peace but, sometimes, I'm not so peaceful myself!

I like the "hobnobbing", too. ;)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

theology discussions,
"sharpening iron",
etc.

all of the above so far. i feel at home here and comfortable with the members. the politics, theology and the humor are good -

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i've had a lot of fun posting on tol over the years, often during periods of time where my finances were in the toilet (right now I'm living on student loans)

i'm glad to help support the site when i can

6days

In my personal case, if contributing money affords me even the most infinitesimal amount of extra consideration by the management team, I feel the value proposition is worth it. I doubt anyone that reads me herein doubts what my agenda is, so anything that helps me move that agenda forward is worth my time...and money. ;)
AMR
Awesome. .. well said! I always appreciate reading your posts.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

theology discussions,
"sharpening iron",
etc.
I would seriously like to give. It would not be what I might wish to give but it would be something.

I feel so unwelcome, put down and misunderstood way too often. There are a few bright lights of other posters who treat me decently and do not cower in fear from the information I pass along.

Maybe I will feel differently some day. I certainly hope so. I have no problem donating to charity--although as I indicated, I cannot give near enough.

I like what Jesus said about going to the sick. Good folks don't need a doctor. I have always worked at jobs where I could be of service to others. And my "job" at TOL has the same intentions.

I feel like Meshak does. I post scripture and historical information about Jesus as well. And all I get is people piling on and people making fun Meshak's HAT in her online picture.

And calling me heretical, disruptive and blasphemous. When I am in a low mood, these actions seem overly cruel and hurtful.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

theology discussions,
"sharpening iron",
etc.

I donate to TOL because it's a ministry that I felt I could get behind. I enjoy posting here and love the people who have been here with me over the years.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

I spend quite a lot of time on TOL and feel it is *my* personal obligation to contribute so that it keeps running smoothly.

This about sums it up for me. I spend a lot of time on TOL and feel it's right to help financially. I enjoy being here and if I can help keep it running then I want to.