ECT Why God sent Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you even have a testimony?

I've given it to you many times.

You must have a bad memory, or a selective memory.

(Rom 10:9) If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There you go GM, it's really that simple. Anyone can be saved without even reading 1 Cor 15: 1-4. All they need is Rom 10:9

achduke

Not these Gentiles Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

They did have access but the problem was the people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands. The people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands were not following God's law, teaching God's law and allowing the strangers to join. The people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands are not themselves circumcised in the heart and need the Spirit also. The people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands have never really followed God and are not saved at this time.

Ephesians 2:11-13 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

achduke

What if they cursed Israel? What if they did something like steal the Ark of Covenant? How did that work out?

It does not work out for them until they are baptisted with the Spirit. Then again the Jews have the same problem. How many people of Israel's past were really saved other than the prophets and patriarchs in a future promise through Christ? Have they ever been circumcised in the Heart like was spoke in God's Law?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They did have access but the problem was the people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands.

12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world

You are worse than Bill Clinton with your lies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world

And on the contrary is the blessing of Israel as told in Genesis 12.

Luke 7

1Now when He concluded all His sayings in the hearing of the people, He entered Capernaum. 2 And a certain centurion’s servant, who was dear to him, was sick and ready to die. 3 So when he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to Him, pleading with Him to come and heal his servant. 4 And when they came to Jesus, they begged Him earnestly, saying that the one for whom He should do this was deserving, 5 “for he loves our nation, and has built us a synagogue.

That centurion kept Matthew 23. He was not without hope and alien to the common wealth. Unlike the Ephesians.

achduke

You are worse than Bill Clinton with your lies.

I suppose then that the many Gentiles in the past never Joined Israel.

Exodus 12: 38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

Joshua 25:6 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

Ruth 1:16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Esther 8:17 And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

Isaiah 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

achduke

And on the contrary is the blessing of Israel as told in Genesis 12.

Luke 7

1Now when He concluded all His sayings in the hearing of the people, He entered Capernaum. 2 And a certain centurion’s servant, who was dear to him, was sick and ready to die. 3 So when he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to Him, pleading with Him to come and heal his servant. 4 And when they came to Jesus, they begged Him earnestly, saying that the one for whom He should do this was deserving, 5 “for he loves our nation, and has built us a synagogue.

That centurion kept Matthew 23. He was not without hope and alien to the common wealth. Unlike the Ephesians.

Why are they aliens to Israel? Did God forbid them from joining Israel or was Israel and the Jews the problem?

heir

TOL Subscriber
They did have access but the problem was the people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands. The people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands were not following God's law, teaching God's law and allowing the strangers to join. The people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands are not themselves circumcised in the heart and need the Spirit also. The people of circumcision in the flesh made by hands have never really followed God and are not saved at this time.
I believe what saith the scripture about these Gentiles (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) and it says in time past they had no hope. No hope is no hope. And unless God had a mystery they would still have no hope. Sure enough that is what Paul writes about these "you Gentiles"! It is a but now truth (Ephesians 2:13 KJV) that was before a mystery (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV)! It's right where we fit in to God's mystery plan!

Danoh

Not these Gentiles Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

You and - very few within Mid-Acts - assert that is the case.

What is your basis?

Why is it not the result of some first impression, surface level reading of those passages on your part?

Danoh

Never mind, heir, I see you answered it, while I was writing my post.

That is one full of holes answer on your part. Feel free to elaborate on it further.

Right Divider

Body part
That's a smart point about the Ethiopian contact.
No, it is not. What LA said was pure speculation and it not supported by scripture.

Note a few things about this passage:

• The eunuch "had come to Jerusalem for to worship".
    He was either a dispersed Israelite or a proselyte.
  • He was reading Isaiah, a prophet of Israel.
  • Philip "preached unto him Jesus"
    Doesn't mention that he told the eunuch that Jesus died for this sins.
  • After this "preaching of Jesus", when the eunuch declared his faith, he said "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
    Once again, no mention of death for sin.
This is ALL in line with the teaching of Jesus to the twelve, etc.
This is NOT in line with the preaching of the CROSS, per Paul.

That Jesus Christ is the Son of God is NOT the same good news that He died for our sins.

Last edited:

Interplanner

No, it is not. What LA said was pure speculation and it not supported by scripture.

Note a few things about this passage:

• The eunuch "had come to Jerusalem for to worship".
    He was either a dispersed Israelite or a proselyte.
  • He was reading Isaiah, a prophet of Israel.
  • Philip "preached unto him Jesus"
    Doesn't mention that he told the eunuch that Jesus died for this sins.
  • After this "preaching of Jesus", when the eunuch declared his faith, he said "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
    Once again, no mention of death for sin.
This is ALL in line with the teaching of Jesus to the twelve, etc.
This is NOT in line with the preaching of the CROSS, per Paul.

That Jesus Christ is the Son of God is NOT the same good news that He died for our sins.

You missed the main point of quoting Isaiah in Acts 8. Have you ever read Is 53? That's what he was reading.

And then there's v35 if you can be bothered with it.

Let's try to be professional here and do our homework.

Good for you to mention that he preached Jesus. Is there some other distinctive about Jesus in Is 53 other than that he was a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins?

I think what is missing here is the B. Ramm principle of hermeneutics, which is that we should not build doctrines on incidental references, but on systematic. Find the systematic chapters where the atonement is explained, and don't say that just because Luke wrote 'Jesus the Son of God' here then all the African heard was that Jesus was the Son of God. There are dozens of places in the narratives of the NT where very few of the actual words were captured.

Last edited:

achduke

How can that happen to a blasphemer? Do you not believe the Lord Jesus Christ who said there would be no forgiveness in that life or the next?

Blasphemy can be forgiven. They are not forgiven when someone has an unclean spirit. If they have an unclean spirit then they do not have the Holy Spirit who is our seal of being saved.

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Mark 3:28-30 28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness , but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

But then again unless we have the Holy Spirit none of us are saved.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Paul tells us to test ourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.