Why do we make children of llegals citizens? DUMB!!!

Tinark

This reminds me of the conservative obsession with removing public funding for PBS. Getting rid of it does nothing to help the country.

This latest obsession of finding scapegoats for problems.

Why not actually focus on real problems? Oh, that's right, you don't actually have a solution for any of those.

shagster01

The same argument could be made that the 2nd Amendment was not written with the same intent that the NRA and the gun enthusiasts have currently ascribed to it.

The number of innocent victims that have died as a result of America's "gun culture" far outnumbers whatever dangers that could be attributed to a whole army of "jihadists!"

So you propose getting rid of both the 2nd and 14th ammendments? You did say it's, "the same argument."

bybee

Same could be said for tax revenue not received via christian exemption.

On the other hand the government would be totally overwhelmed if Churches stopped doing the charitable work in which they are involved 24/7.

quip

BANNED
Banned
On the other hand the government would be totally overwhelmed if Churches stopped doing the charitable work in which they are involved 24/7.

Why not just deduct their costs? Though we're digressing here.

shagster01

On the other-other hand, I'm sure you'd love to go pick your own beets and cotton, right?

republicanchick

True, yet i do not believe the intent was to allow foreigners to cross the boarder illegally and then have their children naturalized citizens?

It was to end the issue of the legality of past slaves.

We could have a a bill to make this point clear/

intent is highly important in legal decisions. The Supreme Court uses what's called stare decisis, looking back @ past decisions (precedent)

i feel the decision in (i believe) the early 1900s to make a Chinese person born to illegal parents a citizen needs to be reversed. I just heard about that decision on O'Reilly...

but even if you accept that decision (just b/c it was made by the sup ct?)

it is still unconstitutional to make illegals' children citizens b/c it is a violation of our security. The first job of government is to protect the citizens of the country... PROTECTION... If u ask me, that is about ALL the gov should do

if that's all it did, our taxes could be ... like 3% of income...

+