"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

God's Truth

The word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)

If you try to say that only the "elect" are the whosoever's then the word loses its meaning. It is not possible to define the word "whosoever" to any particular person or group, it just doesn't make sense to try and do so.

The word "whosoever" appears in the Bible over 180 times. Jesus used the word "whosoever" over 80 times. Such as in John 3:16, where he said, "That WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The Bible plainly teaches that salvation is for "whosoever" that believes in Jesus. To try and change that is to deceive yourself into believing a lie.

Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus is calling Jesus Christ 'Lord' and they better be obeying, or why call him 'Lord' at all?

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

You can read can't you?

Believe what Jesus says then, and obey him.

Obey him to be saved and obey him to stay saved.

Just believe what he says!

He says we have to obey him. Believe that!

Faith without obedience is DEAD.

Stop preaching dead faith.

Why do you go against the Word of God?

beloved57

Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus is calling Jesus Christ 'Lord' and they better be obeying, or why call him 'Lord' at all?

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

You can read can't you?

False teaching. Promoting salvation by works.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned

You can read can't you?

Have you given half of what you own to your neighbor yet?

Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself".

Jesus also said, "Give to those that ask of you". I have not received the $200 from you. Why haven't you sent it?

God's Truth

Have you given half of what you own to your neighbor yet?

Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself".

Jesus also said, "Give to those that ask of you". I have not received the $200 from you. Why haven't you sent it?

I don't believe you asked me for money or that you really need it from me. The Bible also says to have your own family help you.

You keep lying about Jesus saying to give half of what I have to my neighbor. Jesus doesn't tell us all to do that. You speak against obeying Jesus and then you claim things he says but he doesn't.

You better check yourself, for who but the devil would be behind one saying we do not have to obey Jesus because Jesus tells us crazy things. You are making up things that Jesus does not say and then you tell us all not to obey him.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
It is Pate who: - is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Robert Pate

Banned
It is Pate who: - is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Don't you wish.

I have the words of life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. But you have rejected the Gospel and have embraced the words of a heretic.

When you go to hell, remember this Christian tried to warned you.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't believe you asked me for money or that you really need it from me. The Bible also says to have your own family help you.

You keep lying about Jesus saying to give half of what I have to my neighbor. Jesus doesn't tell us all to do that. You speak against obeying Jesus and then you claim things he says but he doesn't.

You better check yourself, for who but the devil would be behind one saying we do not have to obey Jesus because Jesus tells us crazy things. You are making up things that Jesus does not say and then you tell us all not to obey him.

You are in denial of the teachings of Jesus. You say, but you don't do.

Robert Pate

Banned
Give the scripture where Jesus tells everyone to give half of what they own to their neighbor.

Prove it now or admit you lie about Jesus.

The scripture plainly says, "THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF" Matthew 19:19.

Now go find the poorest person in your neighborhood and give them half of what you own.

God's Truth

Love means causing them no harm.

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

You make up things that Jesus does not say and then tell people they do not have to obey Jesus. What you are doing is a grave sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Love means causing them no harm.

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

You make up things that Jesus does not say and then tell people they do not have to obey Jesus. What you are doing is a grave sin.

Just like the Pharisee that you are, you dilute God's word.

Jesus said, "Give to him that asks of you" Matthew 5:42 I have not received the $200.00 that I asked you to send me.

Nanja

Just like the Pharisee that you are, you dilute God's word.

Jesus said, "Give to him that asks of you" Matthew 5:42 I have not received the $200.00 that I asked you to send me.

Utterly ridiculous!

You both preach a false gospel of works a man does to become saved!

God's Truth

Utterly ridiculous!

You both preach a false gospel of works a man does to become saved!

Pate and you are in a contest to see who obeys the least. You both speak against obeying God. What does Peter say about people who misunderstand that? See 2 Peter 3:16.