Who will answer my questions?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Born again? By what standard?

"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (Jesus)

glorydaz

Yet you speak against just that when speaking against her for being honest and doing out of fear of GOD, and spreading what she knows to be true.

Why can we not conversate without attaching speculation and accusation?

She has spoken quite plainly...as you have. The point being, you are both seeking to perform something in order to receive salvation....or "stay saved" which is the same error compounded. Salvation is a gift that cannot be earned or kept by man's efforts. Talk about your efforts all you want. It only shows where your trust is...in YOUR own doings. The gospel of grace is not of your doing, but of the Lord's doing.

popsthebuilder

She has spoken quite plainly...as you have. The point being, you are both seeking to perform something in order to receive salvation....or "stay saved" which is the same error compounded. Salvation is a gift that cannot be earned or kept by man's efforts. Talk about your efforts all you want. It only shows where your trust is...in YOUR own doings. The gospel of grace is not of your doing, but of the Lord's doing.
Do you believe all are saved?

popsthebuilder

So faith isn't the free gift, and salvation a thing we are to work out upon reception of faith?

marhig

Yeah, I've found those who are stuck on the wrong side of the cross don't know our RISEN LORD. :carryon:
There's no such thing at the wrong side of the cross, where does it say that in the bible? We either truly follow Jesus or we don't. And to follow him according to Jesus. Is to deny ourselves and take up our cross daily, and he said those not willing to do this are not worthy of him. And that his brothers, sisters and mother are those who do the will if the father in heaven. And i believe him

I also see that you brought up entering into God's rest a recent post, and again you have pulled me up about death to self, those who have entered into God's rest die to self and live for God. We don't live by the works of the flesh anymore , we start to die to them through Christ by the Spirit and live by the will of God.

Romans 8

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: BUT IF YE THROUGH THE SPIRIT DO MORTIFY THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, YE SHALL LIVE...... (Paul taught about death to self)

Hebrews 4

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did.from his..Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Ceasing from our works, is ceasing to live by the works of the flesh, the works that glorify ourselves, and then to live by the works and will of God, the works that glorify him This is death to self. Listening to the Spirit as he teaches and guides us, and then denying ourselves to live by the will of God. Truly following Jesus

You might call that the wrong side of the cross, but I call it the truth. And those truly risen with Christ live by God's will and obey God and the teachings of Christ Jesus.

marhig

Here's a question for you all.

What are these verses talking about and how do you achieve what they are instructing?

Romans 15:5

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:2

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Philippians 2:20

For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

Ephesians 4:1-6

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I Corinthians 12:

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

What are you doing to live these verses in your life?

What more could you do that you have learned from scripture?

What are those scriptures?

Do you have any further insight on how to live these truths?

Does healing the wounds start with "if only they or he or she would or would't..."

Or could it start with something like Ephesians 4:32?

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I understand we all come from different backgrounds with our own strengths and weaknesses.

Who here is accurately described by the following passage? It describes where I came from, where I was, the behavior I had before, and it describes what God has done for me and for you

Ephesians 2:
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Who is willing to take these truths to heart?

What have you learned as the result of taking these truths to heart?

Is there a growing sense of humility towards God and our fellow believers when we realize that God did not send His son for us because we were so good, but because we were so bad?

Is there a growing sense of humility because of what God did for us? Things we could never do for ourselves?
I agree with what you have said, but we can't be quiet when people say things like "your on the wrong side of the cross" because you follow the teachings of Jesus, or call others "a worker bee" mocking them because they believe that it's right to do the works of God and obey him and live by his will. The word Jesus preached and taught is the gospel and is the same as what Paul preached. There is no two gospels, and I follow Jesus first and foremost

And those who are my brother and sister in Christ are all those who live by the will of the Father, as Jesus said.

marhig

Then you don't believe Paul, here he is talking to the Gentiles and not the Jews.

Romans 11

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

marhig

No. Our actions do nothing, it is only our faith that guides us to the Holy Spirit.
We can't do a anything without God, but those truly born of God are to obey him and the teachings of Jesus and live by the will of the Father, we have choices, and we have freewill to choose whom we serve.

And according to Jesus, our actions mean a lot.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Truster

How interesting!

If you were spiritually minded, you would have no problem recognixing that I have received salvation and have made progress in becoming spiritually minded.

I am born again of God's spirit.

That you do not see that is disappointing

Perhaps you could learn more about what being spiritually minded is all about

You have been sent a powerful delusion and you have been caused to believe the lie. You will not accept the truth, because you cannot accept the truth.

oatmeal

You have been sent a powerful delusion and you have been caused to believe the lie. You will not accept the truth, because you cannot accept the truth.

Truster, God is love and light and in him is no darkness at all. Jesus Christ is the answer as John 5:39 should help you put things in the right perspective

Truster

Truster, God is love and light and in him is no darkness at all. Jesus Christ is the answer as John 5:39 should help you put things in the right perspective

You are His enemy and you do not know Him.

"If I sharpen My flashing sword, And My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, And I will repay those who hate Me. 'I will make My arrows drunk with blood, And My sword will devour flesh, With the blood of the slain and the captives, From the long-haired leaders of the enemy.' "Rejoice, O nations, with His people; For He will avenge the blood of His servants, And will render vengeance on His adversaries, And will atone for His land and His people."

oatmeal

I agree with what you have said, but we can't be quiet when people say things like "your on the wrong side of the cross" because you follow the teachings of Jesus, or call others "a worker bee" mocking them because they believe that it's right to do the works of God and obey him and live by his will. The word Jesus preached and taught is the gospel and is the same as what Paul preached. There is no two gospels, and I follow Jesus first and foremost

And those who are my brother and sister in Christ are all those who live by the will of the Father, as Jesus said.

Good points!

Well, does it say "be quiet" in any of the passages that I shared?

Did not the apostle Paul correct the apostle Peter before all as described in Galatians.

Peter was in error and Paul spoke the truth in love to get Peter back on track.

Peter no doubt had to work to obtain the change of heart that was necessary, but Peter still respected Paul as Peter states in one of his epistles.

Now, something I have been trying to hone in on is the phrase "brother in Christ"

All believers whether maturing or stagnant are members in particular in the body of Christ. Thus being a member they are "in Christ" .

But the phrase " in Christ" carries the meaning of being in fellowship with God and Christ and the fellow believers as in I John 1:3. As in being in harmony with the truth at that stage of our learning and growth.

If we look at "in Christ" solely as being in fellowship then those who are stagnant and living contrary to the truth are not in Christ, in fellowship though they still have eternal life and are in the body of Christ.

Most certainly, we want to be in Christ, in fellowship and eventually be "in the Lord" as found in Ephesians

That is not only be in fellowship but seriously committed to serving the Lord God and the lord Jesus Christ in fulfilling our calling. Ephesians 4:1-3 ...

Peter appreciated the correction because he was willfully serving God but not always correctly.

Most certainly if we correct a wise man, that man will be even wiser. but if we attempt to correct a fool, we are wasting our time Proverbs.

I can love my brothers and sisters in Christ and those brothers ans sisters who fall short. I can love my neighbors, I can even love my enemies. But how much effort and time will I put into each?

oatmeal

You are His enemy and you do not know Him.

"If I sharpen My flashing sword, And My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, And I will repay those who hate Me. 'I will make My arrows drunk with blood, And My sword will devour flesh, With the blood of the slain and the captives, From the long-haired leaders of the enemy.' "Rejoice, O nations, with His people; For He will avenge the blood of His servants, And will render vengeance on His adversaries, And will atone for His land and His people."

That is your unsubstantiated opinion and as far as opinions go, they are pretty much worthless for opinions are pretty much free for the asking

If you could teach me from scripture, then you might actually have something to offer, however at this point you remind me of the miserable comforters that Job had to deal with. Should you actually rightly divide the word of truth that would be wonderful

You are a physician of no value. You condemn instead of edify, you seek strife instead of peace.

Shame on you! Go find out what the truth means in "I will have mercy and not sacrifice"

You so desire to be exalted, Humble yourself and God shall exalt you. Exalt yourself and you shall be humbled.

You ever read Romans 14:19?

I believe you are a Christian but you are ensnared as Simon the sorcerer was. Acts 8:23

You could be a blessing to others if you wanted to be. Love with the love that God loved you with

Romans 5:6-8

Truster

That is your unsubstantiated opinion and as far as opinions go, they are pretty much worthless for opinions are pretty much free for the asking

If you could teach me from scripture, then you might actually have something to offer, however at this point you remind me of the miserable comforters that Job had to deal with. Should you actually rightly divide the word of truth that would be wonderful

You are a physician of no value. You condemn instead of edify, you seek strife instead of peace.

Shame on you! Go find out what the truth means in "I will have mercy and not sacrifice"

You so desire to be exalted, Humble yourself and God shall exalt you. Exalt yourself and you shall be humbled.

You ever read Romans 14:19?

I believe you are a Christian but you are ensnared as Simon the sorcerer was. Acts 8:23

You could be a blessing to others if you wanted to be. Love with the love that God loved you with

Romans 5:6-8

Everything I post is from the scripture. The fact you don't recognise what I post as scriptural doctrine further proves the Holy Spirit is neither teaching nor leading you. I don't provide chapter and verse as a habit, because chapters and verses were not added until 1227 and 1555 respectively.