Who Posted?

rainee

It is very good. From memory

Boil some peeled and cut up potatoes.
Saute some cut up chicken in chopped onion.
Add some chicken broth and some half and half to the sautéed chicken.
Saute some julienne cut carrots and some celery.
Add the carrots and celery to the Sautéed chicken and onion mixture and add Tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
Smash the potatoes in the bottom of a cooking dish.
Pour the Chicken mixture onto the smashed potatoes.
Add frozen peas to the top (if you like peas)
Do not stir.
Bake 350 for about 25 minutes.
It's a crust-less Pot Pie.

Oh my word that sounds great to try! Makes me hungry

Since I know someone doing the low carb diet this also looks good for exchanges..I might one day try to exchange mashed cauliflower for the mashed taters and put a few Edamame in place of the wonderful green peas

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Since I know someone doing the low carb diet this also looks good for exchanges..I might one day try to exchange mashed cauliflower for the mashed taters and put a few Edamame in place of the wonderful green peas

You can do the same with parsnips ... they *look* like mashed potatoes but are wayyyy healthier.

sky.

BANNED
Banned

That would probably work. Baked cauliflower brushed with olive oil and rolled in bread crumbs is also very good. I don't think the carb count would be all that high. I have never heard of Edamame.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya, we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya, we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
godrulz 70
serpentdove 48
john w 20
Lighthouse 17
Nick M 12
Angel4Truth 11
Tambora 11
Lovebug 10

the art of being a jerk

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

rainee

You can do the same with parsnips ... they *look* like mashed potatoes but are wayyyy healthier.

That would probably work. Baked cauliflower brushed with olive oil and rolled in bread crumbs is also very good.
Double yum.
Want to try both of these - my only problem is I hate cutting veggies that are so hard to cut when they are raw.. I need to get a good knife, mine are not so good anymore.

T I have never heard of Edamame.

Young soy beans.

Try getting them in the pod ready for microwave in their bag in the frozen section for the first time, and after steaming them in the microwave lightly salt with kosher salt. If you like potato chips I think you will like this taste - only it is way better. This is how they serve them I think for little appetizers at some bars or something (my bro had to enlighten me on them.) They can be addictive

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Double yum.
Want to try both of these - my only problem is I hate cutting veggies that are so hard to cut when they are raw.. I need to get a good knife, mine are not so good anymore.

Young soy beans.

Try getting them in the pod ready for microwave in their bag in the frozen section for the first time, and after steaming them in the microwave lightly salt with kosher salt. If you like potato chips I think you will like this taste - only it is way better. This is how they serve them I think for little appetizers at some bars or something (my bro had to enlighten me on them.) They can be addictive

I looked it up, I think I have had Edamame in some sort of snack product. I didn't know what it was. It was crispy. Even to the point of being dusty.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

rainee

I looked it up, I think I have had Edamame in some sort of snack product. I didn't know what it was. It was crispy. Even to the point of being dusty.

Greetings Sky!

Your description above sounds like the snack called wasabi peas and those are very popular too, or perhaps you mean soy nuts?
Edamame is moist, requires being frozen as far as I know. And if you get them still in the pod you get to stick the pod in you mouth and pop the little buggers into your mouth :eek: no I'm not describing that very well...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
User Name Posts
bybee 16
aCultureWarrior 9
Town Heretic 7
Tambora 5
PureX 4
Rusha 3

the pack is at it again