ECT Who is the man-child of Rev.12?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Read the first three chapters.

I have, and the woman is the mother of the man child Christ Jesus, and the mother of those in Christ.

The woman is not Mary, she is the New Jerusalem:

(Gal 4:26) But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Impossible.

It's only impossible for your Dispensationalism.

(Rev 19:15) Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

SaulToPaul 2

It's only impossible for your Dispensationalism.

(Rev 19:15) Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

Rev 2:26-27 (KJV), again.
The man child in Rev 12 is born in a tribulation context.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does this passage from Micah not hint strongly at being parallel with Rev 12?

Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.
Micah 4:10

The seeming implication would be that the daughter of Zion is the woman - Israel - and the man-child is Jesus. Rev 12:5 certainly makes the man-child identification pretty hard to defy. And reading Rev 12:13 certainly seems to point towards Satan's persecution of Israel (both known and scattered).
That's the way I see it.
The woman is Israel, the man child is Christ.

Cross Reference

Me too. :thumb:

Rev. 1:19
Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;​

Israel doesn't birth anyone who gets immediately caught away either in the multi-membered role or singular one.

FWT. The woman leaves behind a remnant that will go through the tribulation. Interested? . . .:)

SaulToPaul 2

The woman is not Mary, she is the New Jerusalem:

(Gal 4:26) But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

So, the new Jerusalem (which is above) experienced this?

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 2:26-27 (KJV), again.
The man child in Rev 12 is born in a tribulation context.

Nope.

There are 3 main characters in chp 12: the woman, the dragon, and the man child.

There are 3 main events in chp 12: the birth of the man child, the dragon getting cast out of heaven, and the dragon making war with the woman and the rest of her children.

The man child who rules the nations is Christ Jesus

(Psalm 2:7-9 KJV) 7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

As we see above, Psalm 2:9 tells us it is Christ Jesus who rules with a rod of iron.

Now we turn to Acts 13:

(Acts 13:33 KJV) God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

As we see in Acts 13:33, Christ Jesus is said to be "begotten", not when He was born, but when He ascended to heaven.

Satan thought he was going to destroy Christ Jesus at the cross. However, he was wrong. Instead, Christ Jesus ascended up to the throne.

glorydaz

Israel doesn't birth anyone who gets immediately caught away either in the multi-membered role or singular one.

FWT. The woman leaves behind a remnant that will go through the tribulation. Interested? . . .:)

I'm always interested in Revelation, and I've looked at it from may angles, but I've yet to be convinced any one of those angles is THE correct one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You know, brother, you often do that kind of thing; you respond to a thing that was not asserted in the first place. As if yours is a process at guessing at a thing.

Just sayin...

Um.......I was agreeing with him.