ECT WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE EKKLESIA TODAY ??

Cruciform

Define worship first, Dummay. I would say worship is admiration, and only deserves admiration
I admire a great many people---artists, scientists, inventors, writers, historical figures, etc. Is it your claim, then, that I "worship" these people? :think:

Wick Stick

Cite the number of the post in which I supposedly "call you names."
50% of your posts consist of:

"...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your favored recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway."

It may as well say, "I know you are, but what am I?"

Cruciform

50% of your posts consist of: "...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your favored recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway."
If you don't want to see this entirely logical reply, then you'll need to do something more than merely parroting the opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Until then, nothing more is necessary on my part.

Wick Stick

If you don't want to see this entirely logical reply, then you'll need to do something more than merely parroting the opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Until then, nothing more is necessary on my part.
I already am. Doing more than that, I mean.

Probably that's the reason why your "stock answer" is so unimpressive to me. It's a non-sequitur in my case.

Jarrod

Wick Stick

Hardly. Given that you reject Christ's one historic Catholic Church and her teachings, it follows that you must therefore have derived your religious assumptions and beliefs from one or more of the 50,000+ recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today. Doctrine is not formulated in a vacuum.
You sure seem to know a lot of things about me! Stuff even I didn't know!

I reject neither the Catholic church nor the catholic church. Heck - I don't even reject the Roman Catholic Church! (Although, I do think that the bishop of Rome has seriously overstepped his authority.)

I do not belong to any sect or denomination. Actually, I don't believe in sects or denominations. There's just one church, and I'm just another brick in the wall, so to speak.

No, doctrine is not formed in a vacuum. "My" doctrine (if there is any such thing) is formed by historical and linguistic studies, particularly those from the late Bronze Age through the end of the Iron Age. I'm into source documents, ANE literature, and the writings of the Early Church Fathers. If you're a good Catholic, you should be able to appreciate at least part of that.

Anyhow, there is little of "recently-invented" about my beliefs. They are somewhat older than yours, actually.

Finally, I find the irony of you accusing someone of "parroting" anything overwhelmingly hilarious. Who in this forum links more external articles than any 3 other people combined? Put your thumb on your breastbone, and say, "This guuuuuy!"

Jarrod

DAN P

By your "logic' then, NONE of the apostles ever traveled to Rome, which is absurd. In any case, I'll go with the testimony of the early Church Fathers---who knew and were taught by the apostles and/or their appointed successors (the bishops)---over the opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect any day.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Hi and maybe they did not have AAA and could not rent a donkey for their trip , BUT John 21:18 and 19 says that Peter died of old AGE !!

DAN P

Cruciform

You sure seem to know a lot of things about me!
My observation applies not only to you, but to everyone else as well, myself included.

I reject neither the Catholic Church...
Then you affirm and follow the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church...? :think:

I do not belong to any sect or denomination.
I said nothing about "belonging"---that is, being a formal member---of a sect or denomination.

No, doctrine is not formed in a vacuum. "My" doctrine (if there is any such thing) is formed by historical and linguistic studies, particularly those from the late Bronze Age through the end of the Iron Age. I'm into source documents, ANE literature, and the writings of the Early Church Fathers. If you're a good Catholic, you should be able to appreciate at least part of that.
Certainly. My previous observations about the informational sources of your ideas and beliefs, however, stand as posted.

Finally, I find the irony of you accusing someone of "parroting" anything overwhelmingly hilarious. Who in this forum links more external articles than any 3 other people combined?
My purpose here is to explain and defend the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church, not to try and pass off my own fallible private doctrinal formulations as "what the Bible teaches." "Parroting" occurs when one merely spouts his preferred tradition's doctrinal content mindlessly, without a full comprehension of alternative positions, particularly of the one to which he's presuming to criticize. My prior comments stand.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+