Who is the best president in your lifetime?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Here's what Americans think:

Screen_Shot_2018_07_11_at_2.07.42_PM.png

Obama is the clear favorite. A little surprising that Trump did as well as he did.

drbrumley

they SHOULD HAVE ASKED ONLY PERSONS WHO WERE AT LEST 80 YEARS OLD, SO THEY MIGHT KNOW ABOUT ROOSEVELT. ALL THIS SHOWS IS HOW YOUNG THEY WERE

True, but we do have accurate books on deeds, what was said by them etc....

drbrumley

I believe that Trump is the only one on the list who's actually come out in favor of setting due process aside.

Do you know of another one?

Not off the top of my head....but almost everyone of these had some war they were fighting, whether in their head or real

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
they SHOULD HAVE ASKED ONLY PERSONS WHO WERE AT LEST 80 YEARS OLD, SO THEY MIGHT KNOW ABOUT ROOSEVELT. ALL THIS SHOWS IS HOW YOUNG THEY WERE

I suppose Roosevelt would have been much higher in their regard, but of course, few Americans remember Roosevelt. It's worth noting that Reagan considered Roosevelt the best president in his lifetime.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Not off the top of my head....but almost everyone of these had some war they were fighting, whether in their head or real

Pretty much. We're good at it. We stay prepared for it. And as Napoleon said, you can do almost anything with a bayonet, except sit on it.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
two things come to mind - first, trump has been president for 17 months and came in fourth

the top three served for 96 months each

second, the kennedy mystique still lives - what's forgotten is the cuban missile fiasco, kennedy's penchant for whoring that set the stage for clinton, and the fact that the escalation in Vietnam started with JFK at a level never matched by LBJ

judged by their accomplishments, JFK would be dead last and Nixon would be near the top

bammy's failed presidency wouldn't even register

Reactions: Lon

Jerry Shugart

ROOSEVELT WOULD BEST THEM ALL OUT ASKING PEOPLE OVER THE LAST 100 YEARS

What about you?

Do you think his greatness was demonstrated when he tried to pack the Supreme Court?

Do you think his greatness was demonstrated when he ordered the mass relocation and internment of some 110,000 Americans of Japanese ancestry during WW II?

I am beginning to think that the left admires the Presidents who attack the civil rights of others.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What about you?

Do you think his greatness was demonstrated when he tried to pack the Supreme Court?

Do you think his greatness was demonstrated when he ordered the mass relocation and internment of some 110,000 Americans of Japanese ancestry during WW II?

I am beginning to think that the left admires the Presidents who attack the civil rights of others.

problem is you are making it personal. It is my opinion of a general population.

Personally, I come from a money hungry family line who hated Roosevelt.

Savvy?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm close, 72, so I missed FDR. He was clearly the best in the 1900's. In my lifetime---Obama. Trump is simply a disgrace.

I have t agree with you,even though I think you are a liberal? Obama was way to PC and how, please tell me, did his PC benefit black people?

I actually want a president who will benefit black people because they need help getting into better education and jobs, and out of this 'ghetto' mentality. It only brings them down and makes life harder for them.

Trump is disgraceful! He not only opened up racial frustration, but has been antagonistic to all our nation partners , just to show the world how much he can get away with messing up our relationships with allies. He is the worst president in this century and the past century! All I can hope for is that he is stopped by some force, even if that means democrats taking the House and Senate in mid-terms.

Obama wit his 'identity politics ' will be remembered as the bathroom equal rights for mental case, not for helping civil rights. Trump will be remembered as the most public misleading President in resent history.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have t agree with you,even though I think you are a liberal? Obama was way to PC and how, please tell me, did his PC benefit black people?

I actually want a president who will benefit black people because they need help getting into better education and jobs, and out of this 'ghetto' mentality. It only brings them down and makes life harder for them.

Trump is disgraceful! He not only opened up racial frustration, but has been antagonistic to all our nation partners , just to show the world how much he can get away with messing up our relationships with allies. He is the worst president in this century and the past century! All I can hope for is that he is stopped by some force, even if that means democrats taking the House and Senate in mid-terms.

Obama wit his 'identity politics ' will be remembered as the bathroom equal rights for mental case, not for helping civil rights. Trump will be remembered as the most public misleading President in resent history.

Thank you, Kat, for putting country above party.

Danoh

Great post, all around.

:thumb:

At the same time, less than half of some 37 million plus African Americans in the U.S. live in poverty.

But, yeah, I get what you mean. Obama played it safe.

Didn't stop the so called Far Right from asserting otherwise.

But perhaps someone with a much more urban background might have cared a bit more about "his own."