Who God is

Right Divider

Body part
John 4:24 God is spirit

I John 1:5 God is light

I John 4:16 God is love

Psalm 18:1-2 God is my strength, my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my strength in whom I will trust, my shield and my horn of my salvation, my stronghold

Psalm 23 my Shepherd

My redeemer

The God of peace

The God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.
Don't forget this one:
Heb 12:29 KJV For our God is a consuming fire.

glorydaz

Is that why Paul said, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God"?

Jesus was the only physically begotten Son of God, but the Father has many spiritually begotten sons who will eventually be born again of Spirit.

Big difference. Jesus was God from the beginning, and came out from God to dwell among us.

We are but sons by adoption. John 1:1KJV, John 1:14KJV, John 16:27KJV

Romans 8:14-16KJV
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Ephesians 1:5KJV
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Galatians 4:4-6KJV
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.​

glorydaz

The one who Jesus is the reflection OF is God. He reflects his Father, Jehovah, to whom he said, "YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) I wonder why most folks are unwilling to take seriously what Jesus said.

At Psalm 83:18 (KJV) it is stated just as clearly who God is:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth."

We take everything seriously....not just the half that you do. And if you'd read the OT, you would understand why the Jews were so upset when our Lord Jesus Christ claimed to be the great I AM. John the Baptist understood he was preparing the way for "OUR GOD".

Isaiah 40:3KJV
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We take everything seriously....not just the half that you do. And if you'd read the OT, you would understand why the Jews were so upset when our Lord Jesus Christ claimed to be the great I AM. John the Baptist understood he was preparing the way for "OUR GOD".

Isaiah 40:3KJV
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.​

Jesus was born and raised to be a Vessel for our God, not that Jesus is God Himself.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel was the adopted son of God.

Then you shall say to Pharaoh, "Thus says the LORD, Israel is My son, My firstborn." (Exodus 4:22 NKJV)​

In Romans 8:15 the Greek uihothesia is actually referring to sonship, of which adoption is just one form. The other form of sonship is to be begotten by our Father.