Who died on the cross? - a Hall of Fame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

paul ask

So you believe God wants to damn people?

Yes of course..

jn 12:

37But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Carico

BANNED
Banned
On another thread AMR stated....Curious....

How would you respond to a statement like that?

It seems to me that AMR is introducing a fourth member of the Godhead:

- The Father
- The Son (who never died on the cross)
- The Son (who did die on the cross)
- The Holy Spirit

Didn't the Son of God come in the flesh and die on the cross for our sins? Or was the incarnation just an illusion (i.e., body double) as AMR seems to be suggesting?

I would ask him what man has walked on water? Then I would ask him why he thinks he can claim to change history and be considered credible. ;)

PaulMcNabb

Did you think Kirk's line about Spock in one of the Star Trek movies on earth that he did a little too much LDS (vs too much LSD) was funny or offensive?
I think it's kind of funny. And I don't mind the guys at work razzing me about my other wives--I sometimes respond that Nancy is my favorite wife or that one of my sons is the son of my favorite wife. It's all done in fun. Playful teasing is one thing; spiteful mocking is quite a different story.

PaulMcNabb

If everyone would put this whack-job, Beloved57, on ignore, the clutter would immediately decrease. Just seeing him quoted by others is annoying. His entertainment value is over.
I've also done it. This is my first ignored poster on TOL. Beloved57 should feel honored for that distinction. :D

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would ask him what man has walked on water? Then I would ask him why he thinks he can claim to change history and be considered credible. ;)
You are responding to one of Knight's typical mis-characterizations. So if you got that far in the thread you would have noted this response among many others of mine. Just keep reading. Thanks.

WizardofOz

Sozo/Mystery......Knight?

Sozo/Mystery......Knight?

Bump

I am disappointed that there has been no rebuttal. I thought this thread was made to prove how AMR is wrong in his interpretation.

There has been nothing but crickets chirping from your corner. Concede?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bump

I am disappointed that there has been no rebuttal. I thought this thread was made to prove how AMR is wrong in his interpretation.

There has been nothing but crickets chirping from your corner. Concede?
There is nothing to concede. AMR is wrong, period.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See more useful referenced links in this post.

Christians should take it upon themselves to research and learn the proper biblical doctrine of the incarnation.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I fixed it for you.
Forged posts is not unexpected from one whose sole purpose seems to be amassing post counts devoid of substantive content. Keep going, only 400 or so inane posts are needed before you exceed godrulz's post count. I will refrain from commenting on the irony of that achievement and leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out. :think:

Now back to the ignore list you go.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Forged posts is not unexpected from one whose sole purpose seems to be amassing post counts devoid of substantive content. Keep going, only 400 or so inane posts are needed before you exceed godrulz's post count. I will refrain from commenting on the irony of that achievement and leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out. :think:

Now back to the ignore list you go.
Nobody actually thinks you said what I posted. Especially since I made it clear. That's not a forgery. But, in the end, your posts are still useless.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Nobody actually thinks you said what I posted. Especially since I made it clear. That's not a forgery. But, in the end, your posts are still useless.

They are useless to you because you cannot grasp things beyond a superficial level. You choke on meat and milk like an :alien: (couldn't find baby icon)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
They are useless to you because you cannot grasp things beyond a superficial level. You choke on meat and milk like an :alien: (couldn't find baby icon)
First off::baby: You type the word, "baby," between the colons.:dunce::duh:

Secondly, are you seriously agreeing with AMR on this?

Mystery

Sozo proposes Hebrews 1:3, Romans 1:20, and Acts 14:14-15 as verses that support his view that the Incarnate Christ is fully God in the flesh, with no human soul, that is, Sozo rejects any hypostatic union between the fully divine and the fully human.

I will address AMR's points in separate posts, in the hopes that people will actually read it.

The hypostatic union theory was created at the Council of Chalcedon. This ecumenical council was recognized as infallible by the Roman Catholic church, and it was there where they designed the Chalcedonian Creed which not only approved the hypostatic union theory, but also the ecclesiastical influence of the emperor, and the supremacy of the Roman Pope. (It also affirms that Mary is the Mother of God)

It is obvious to any true Christian, that they not only rejected the Bible as the source of truth, but their intention was to not only bring Christ down to their level, but to exalt man to His.

The Chalcedonian Creed...

We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood;

truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body;

consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood;

in all things like unto us, without sin;

begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood;

one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably;

the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ;

as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

Retrieved from Here

I hold to the Chalcedonian Definition of the Incarnation

Yes, I know you do.

Sozo’s reliance upon Hebrews 1:3 has been called into serious question by the arguments presented here.

"God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high"

The Bible specifically states that Jesus (the Son of God) is the exact representation of the nature of God. In order to be the exact nature of God, you cannot have two natures, but one, as God has one nature.

Jesus had a body prepared for Him. Hebrews 10:5

God sent His Son in the "likeness" of sinful flesh Romans 8:3

He was found in the "appearance" of a man Philippians 2:8

God is manifest in the flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16

He is the exact representation of the nature of God Hebrews 1:3

One nature in a human body, that died on the cross for our sins, was buried in a tomb, was raised because of our justification and is seated in the heavenlies at the right hand of God.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The hypostatic union theory was created at the Council of Chalcedon. This ecumenical council was recognized as infallible by the Roman Catholic church, and it was there where they designed the Chalcedonian Creed
You will have to do better than merely rely upon a genetic fallacy to refute the Chalcedonian Definition. By your logic, then, nearly all basic Christian doctrines would have to be tossed just because the Catholic Church agreed with them. Never mind, you question nearly all basic Christian doctrines anyway. :bang:

Love to see the Definition in writing again...thanks:
The Chalcedonian Creed...

We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood;

truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body;

consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood;

in all things like unto us, without sin;

begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood;

one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably;

the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ;

as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

If you think re-posting verses with some boldface that have been thoroughly discussed in my previous posts herein is somehow a substantive response, you do not understand exegesis or discourse.

If you want to have an honest dialog devoid of ad hominems, please reply to the following with your own substantive exegesis of the relevant verses:

here
here
here

Mystery

By your logic, then, nearly all basic Christian doctrines would have to be tossed just because the Catholic Church agreed with them. Never mind, you question nearly all basic Christian doctrines anyway. :bang:

Just because you give supremacy to the Pope over the Bible, and worship Calvin over Jesus, does not give you the right to make slanderous lies about my commitment to Christ and the Bible.

I have given you the Biblical support that Jesus has divine nature. You have given us the Pope, your unbiblical opinions, and the theories of godless men.

Evoken

I have given you the Biblical support...

Where do you get the idea of a Bible from? What makes you think that the particular set of books that you consider the canon are the word of God and the sole source of truth? Would you mind giving some Biblical support for that?

Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.